ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UNCUT! Keith special Return to archive
11-07-02 03:54 PM
Gazza Just received the brand new issue of UNCUT today

Keith's on the front cover, with a decent and reasonably lengthy interview inside complete with some great photos I've never seen before (there's also a very loving 5-star review of "40 Licks")

main item of interest however is the free CD which comes with the magazine - entitled "The Devils Music", it's a superb 26 track compilation of rock 'n' roll,blues,country, boogie woogie,cajun,reggae and soul chosen by the Riffmeister himself

featured tracks in keith's personal history of American (and jamaican..)music are:

Amos Milburn - Down the Road Apiece
Jackie Brenston - Rocket 88
Robert Johnson - Preachin' Blues
Muddy Waters - Rollin' Stone
Jimmy Rogers - Goin' Away baby
Leadbelly - The Midnight Special
Clarence 'gatemouth' Brown - Okie Dokie Stomp
Clifton Chenier - Ay-Te Te Fee
Professor Longhair - mardi Gras in New Orleans
Little Richard - Good Golly Miss Molly
Billie Holiday - He's Funny That Way
John Lee Hooker - I'm In The Mood
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Jah Is Mighty
Hank Williams - You Win Again
Ike & Tina Turner - I Cant Believe What You Say
BB King - Everyday I Have The Blues
T-Bone Walker - Stormy Monday
Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' At Midnight
Blind Willie McTell - Talkin' To Your Mama
Clarence 'Bon Ton' Garlow - Bon Ton Roulet
Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
Albert King - Thats What The Blues Is All About
Irma Thomas - Ruler of My Heart
Otis Redding - Pain In My Heart (alternate take)
Booker T & The MG's - Baby Scratch My Back
Al Green - Take Me To The River

11-07-02 05:09 PM
Nellcote Yeah, Baby! This Uncut does it for me, several great Stones specials in the past year.

Thanks for the heads up!
11-07-02 05:44 PM
beer Where can I find this magazine?
11-07-02 07:18 PM
Dear Doctor tower records carries this,
make sure the cd is attached though
11-07-02 07:26 PM
Martha I have no Tower Records near me..where else might one find this gem?

Is this magazine from the UK?

Thanks Gazza!
11-07-02 07:50 PM
no_cole_porter Barnes And Noble, Walden Books, B.Dalton Bookstores all carry Uncut Magazine.
11-07-02 08:04 PM
Martha Thanks no_cole_porter.

11-07-02 08:08 PM
no_cole_porter You're very welcome Martha.
11-07-02 08:18 PM
Angiegirl Sigh, another magazine I 'have to' buy! This way there's no saving for concerttix eh!
11-07-02 09:01 PM
gypsy I was in Hastings yesterday, and the UNCUT they have is last month's, which is a John Lennon issue.
Martha, this may be like the MOJO magazine thing last month. Since we're stuck in the midwest, it may be a while until we can buy the new UNCUT. I hate waiting!
11-07-02 11:06 PM
no_cole_porter Lovely selection of music by Keef, But one question...
Where's Chuck?
11-08-02 12:52 AM
padre I bet Chuck didn't give the rights to use his music on that compilation. Show me the money!
11-08-02 04:26 AM
Mathijs Keith has said various times that he was so dissapointed in the man Chuck Berry, and so fed up with this guy, that he didn't want to listen to his music anymore. He also promoted Johnnie Johnson (and paid for the lawyer bills) to take legal action towards Berry, as Johnson is the co-writer of many Berry hits.

Mathijs
11-08-02 05:17 AM
Moonisup yeah and Chucks laywer said that he blamed keith for setting up Johnnie against chuck, he said Johnnie is still welcome as far as Chuck is concerned

rik
11-08-02 10:06 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yeah and Chucks laywer said that he blamed keith for setting up Johnnie against chuck, he said Johnnie is still welcome as far as Chuck is concerned

rik

well then chuck shouldn't have punched keith in the eye and kicked him off stage in the first place

and he should of given johnnie his due

what was the judgment in the case or did they settle out of court for an undisclosed sum??

11-08-02 05:57 PM
Gazza yeah,I'd imagine Chuck's financial grasping probably prevented him from being included - a lot of these songs are in public domain (the Stones also didnt include Chuck Berry songs on a lot of their TV broadcasts from the last tour even though they frequently played "Little Queenie" on the b-stage simply because Chuck demanded astronomical fees for TV performances of his compositions..)

For those unfamiliar with the magazine, UNCUT is a UK magazine which centres both on music and films in pretty equal measure. The new issue only hit the streets yesterday - the cover date is December 2002.. price is £3.90.

If you're outside the UK, make sure your magazine comes with the disc on the front because its not uncommon for a lot of magazines sold in the UK (such as Q) to have their 'free CD' only available in the UK due to copyright restrictions,although I dont see any such notice on this issue (maybe because the material is mostly very old..)

You can always order it from their back issues dept at

UNCUT BACK ISSUES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 666 (no kidding!!)
LONDON E15 1DW
Tel : (0)20 8532 3628
fAX : (0)20 8519 3695
www.mags-uk.com/ipc

Uncut's website is www.uncut.net

11-08-02 07:10 PM
gypsy Thanks for that info, Gazza! I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks 'til we get that issue here in the midwest. We didn't get that special edition MOJO until a few weeks ago.
11-08-02 07:32 PM
Martha
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I was in Hastings yesterday, and the UNCUT they have is last month's, which is a John Lennon issue.
Martha, this may be like the MOJO magazine thing last month. Since we're stuck in the midwest, it may be a while until we can buy the new UNCUT. I hate waiting!

Hastings!! Oh yay! I am going to be near one tomorrow!!! And I'll take the Lennon issue if it's still there and have my Dad get me the Keef issue when it arrives, if it isn't in yet!!!

Great news all the way around...THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gypsy!
11-08-02 08:09 PM
gypsy Hey, Martha! I went to Barnes & Noble today, and they still had the John Lennon UNCUT issue. No Keef yet. If you can't get the Lennon issue, let me know, and I can get it for you. Don't forget to get the CD that comes with the issue! I've seen a few where the CD is missing.
11-08-02 08:27 PM
Martha Okydoky Gyps..thanks for taking such good rock and roll care of a fellow music lover. You rock.

Gazza, so do you my Stonestraveling all over the US of A to see them countless times on this tour and you ain't even finished yet, friend! Hope I meet up with you at one of those shows! I think this tour will go down in rock and roll history as legendary..beyond legendary...is there a word for that???..help me out all you journalism majors who post here regularly!

I just know the Detroit show alone was my legendary history makin' blowing me away experience ...still cannot spit it out onto paper..but am getting closer.