ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bullshit Tacoma setlist Return to archive
11-07-02 03:17 PM
TT WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING THAT?

Where are the arena tunes? Where is the goddamn CYHMK? Why are they playing their greatest hits shit over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again?

L just image what had happened to me if I had flown in, hot to see the surprises etc. and then they end up playing a total security set.

Boys, it sucks. The setlist in stadium/arena/clubs MUST differ.
11-07-02 03:24 PM
jb Did you not enjoy the show? I liked the Hot Rocks list in Atlanta after Exile and Sticky Fingers in Fla..
11-07-02 03:49 PM
VoodooTattoo Thats what most casual fans who go to the stadium shows want to hear dude. Stop bitching before Keith kills you.
11-07-02 03:53 PM
Saint Sway I do mind anytime they surprise us and switch things up. Its good to keep us guessing.

but I guess I would be pissed to fork over arena cash for a GH set

they thing that really troubles me about this is I wonder if they did this to toy with the idea of doing a stadium set at the January MSG show on HBO

Think about it. I could see them doing it
11-07-02 03:56 PM
David Someone has to stop keef from killing his fans
11-07-02 04:01 PM
Maxlugar Keith can kill anyone. He can beat the shit out of Lennox Lewis.

I love the Stones and the further this tour gets from the days I saw them in September, the sadder I get.

<---- I just thought of how drunk I'm going to get tomorrow.

<--- Thinking of Stones again.

That was cool!

MAXY!
11-07-02 04:08 PM
nankerphelge Me too Maxy!

I am down in the dumps.
I have the blues.
I don't think I can wait until January and even if I do, everyone is going to all these east coast shows that I ain't! Bad enuf I gotta miss the west coast parties (I should be in San Fran rite now!!) but to miss the east coast shows is inhumane.

Even the 5-star chiba I have isn't pullin' me outta the rut!
Plus it is serious munchie chiba! Usually my apothecary gets those munchie genetics out of his chiba. But this stuff is dangerous. I ate half the kids' halloween candy and the dog last nite!

Anyhow
11-07-02 04:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wait, are you really telling me that you are suprised by this?

Keep in mind that this tour is in support of a GREATEST HITS package. Why the hell wouldn't they play the big hits?

I keep telling you people, the Stones don't tour for us. There simply are not enough of us hardcore types to make a tour profit. In a 50,000 seat stadium, the Stones are playing to about 5,000 hardcore fans, and 45,000 casual fans who only know the big hits. Now who do you think the Stones will try to please with the setlist...the 5,000, or the 45,000?

I was at Roseland. Aside from it being a dream come true for a hardcore fan, you should have seen what the casual fans in attendance were doing....leaving. No shit. They were bitching about how the Stones weren't playing anything that they knew. When they started She Smiled Sweetly, people were saying, "Is this a Stones song?". The point is, even at Roseland, hardcore fans were outnumbered by casual fans.

The Rolling Stones CAN'T play the kind of setlists that WE would like at a stadium or arena. The theatre setlists were for us. The arena is kind of mixed, but mostly hits. The stadiums are GH all the way.

BTW, I LIKE all those hits. I'm not a "song collector". I go to the shows to see a fabulous band play fabulous songs....and I get satisfaction every time.
11-07-02 04:24 PM
Maxlugar Just think how sad Joey would be with this take over of congress by the GOP if he were still alive.

Sometimes I'm gald he's dead.

To see him go through this would have been too sad.

Oh well!

MAXY!
11-07-02 04:30 PM
trevcourt
quote:
VoodooTattoo wrote:
Thats what most casual fans who go to the stadium shows want to hear dude. Stop bitching before Keith kills you.

There are no casual fans of the Stones - not after this many years and at these prices. If you are there,you want to see the Stones, no matter what they play.

15 minute "Feel On Baby"? Right on, baby. "If You Really Want to Be My Friend"? I'm there. "Gomper" - Shit yeah. Hell, I'll even sit through a "Back to Zero" and "Winning Ugly" double shot if the Stones are into it.

So roll out whatever the hell you want, boys - the fans wanna hear it all. Except maybe a few of those routinely flogged warhorses.
11-07-02 04:33 PM
Fiji Joe And I keep telling you I agree with Sir Stoenalot's take on these setlists...I was not disappointed at all in Atlanta...Of course, I did get Mman and CYHMK so all is good
11-07-02 04:45 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
TT wrote:

L just image what had happened to me if I had flown in, hot to see the surprises etc. and then they end up playing a total security set.

Were you even there?

What blows my mind is fans bitching about setlists for shows they didn't even attend.
11-07-02 05:49 PM
TT Nasty habits,

I´ve been to two tours in the States coming from Germany. So that I meant by "flying in".

But this one is without me. And: I can bitch about setlists as much as I want, even if I wasn´t there. I´m upset that the Stones aren´t getting tired of playing the same BIG HITS even in more intimate settings (20.000 is very intimate for a Stones concert). That´s all. If the Tacoma setlist is going to be the new arena set: poor! The club shows are done (where are the 3 shows in each city?), so that Tacoma list is going to stay until the end of the tour? I dislike it, dislike it, yes I do.
11-07-02 06:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot The club shows are not done. They are still yet to play The Joint at the Hard Rock in Vegas.

TT you are missing the point. All the bitching and complaining in the world will not change the way the Stones do things. THIS TOUR IS IN SUPPORT OF A GREATEST HITS PACKAGE, THEY MUST PLAY THE BIG HITS!!!! Like it or not, it's what the majority of people want to see when they go see the Stones.

People who go to see the Stones strictly to collect songs have their priorities fucked up, IMO. I go to see the Rolling Stones play songs. Any song they feel like playing is fine with me.

Besides, who makes up those setlists? You, or the band?
11-07-02 07:17 PM
Martha I LOVE the Stones..and seeing them live, playing (in many an opinion expressed here recently) the best tour of their lives..is enough to make me float on a pink cloud indefinitely..I feel so fucking fortunate, blessed and forever grateful.

..and I knew what to expect set-list wise, sorta, by coming her and being informed of the set-lists..etc. My only complaint (if you can really call it that) is just trying like hell to figure out how to see them AGAIN..because I have no tickets in hand right now, so I'm a bit blue, too.

But I did get to go and three times..and I'm one of the 5,000 who actually KNOWS the other songs..lol! I feel forever blessed because I could actually appreciate every moment of what I got to see. I'm true blue...a goner...hopelessly in love.

I, too, agree with SS..looked around and could see for myself (or sat next to) the other 10,000 in Cleveland and Columbus and knew I'm not in the majority (thank god!) A lot of people go to go and be cool and hear the hits and drink...a blow off night out compared to what it means to me. To me it is life itself, everything else, with the exception of family, friends, love and good health, pale in comparison..(however, everyone in my immediate vicinity was totally into the gig at the Detroit show..yay!). Ya' got me riled up enough to get me off my bum and write my Detroit review....! Thanks!

Blessed indeed.

Hey Fiji...I am actually related to a direct descendent of the Siamese twins, Ang and Chang (but on the other side so I'm not actually related to Ang and Chang myself). I got a real kick when I saw them as the Glimmer Twins in your posted message. Funny stuff.
11-07-02 07:52 PM
Boomhauer I don't get it. The Stones are on a roll right now. If they are going to add anything or change anything at all, it's gonna happen after that December break they have.

I was talking about this with some people I know. The Stones have *too* many songs that people know about, so they can't do everything. For example, here is a list of songs the Stones could play at a show with people that only know about the popular songs (and they never play these much):

Get off of my cloud
Ruby Tuesday
Under My Thumb
Fool to Cry
Waiting on a Friend
Mixed Emotions
Harlem Shuffle
She's SO Cold
Beast of Burden
Hang Fire
Time is on my side
It's all over now
Have you........shadows?
paint it, black
19th nervous breakdown
let's spend the night together
........and more

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Fuck it...............Go ahead and complain. It's not gonna make you feel better.

Can't you get it through your thick head, this affair is finished, dead!
11-08-02 05:03 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
TT wrote:
Nasty habits,

I´ve been to two tours in the States coming from Germany. So that I meant by "flying in".

But this one is without me. And: I can bitch about setlists as much as I want, even if I wasn´t there. I´m upset that the Stones aren´t getting tired of playing the same BIG HITS even in more intimate settings (20.000 is very intimate for a Stones concert). That´s all. If the Tacoma setlist is going to be the new arena set: poor! The club shows are done (where are the 3 shows in each city?), so that Tacoma list is going to stay until the end of the tour? I dislike it, dislike it, yes I do.

Far be it for me to claim anybody should not have an opinion, but consider this; what sort of out cry would there be if they played a set that DID NOT include at least 90% of the greatest hits? Imagine if say Pearl Jam played everything from their latest offering, there'd be carnage instead of a mosh! I would have thought it was an accepted part of what to expect at a Stones gig. Try living in Australia where, A: International airfares look like some small nations national debt, and we have had The Stones upon our sunny shores just once between 1973, and 2003. To be quite honest they could come and play 'Dirty Work' note for fucking note, and I'd prolly say; Yeah! good gig!
11-08-02 05:14 AM
fmk438j
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Try living in Australia where, A: International airfares look like some small nations national debt, and we have had The Stones upon our sunny shores just once between 1973, and 2003. To be quite honest they could come and play 'Dirty Work' note for fucking note, and I'd prolly say; Yeah! good gig!

Too true.

I bork when people cry "oooooeee, I'm so pissed because I have to drive 3 hours to see the stones! It's so unfair they're not playing 5 minutes from my house like they did 3 years ago"

I'd crawl naked over broken glass to see the stones, and I'd have a smile on my face the whole time.
[Edited by fmk438j]
11-08-02 06:06 AM
RubyFriday Hey TT

Du solltest hier nicht rumlamentieren,sondern endlich was von meiner Lp-Festpreisliste bestellen...
11-08-02 12:58 PM
Martini
quote:
TT wrote:
WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING THAT?

Where are the arena tunes? Where is the goddamn CYHMK? Why are they playing their greatest hits shit over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again?

I was at the Tacoma show and it was great to see the band, especially since it was the only NW show. They played very well and it was a great time. However, I was a little bummed that there was no "CYHMK," "If You Can't Rock Me," "Loving Cup," or any other such gem that would differentiate the show from the sets of their previous tours. But I don't mind much--they were fantastic, as usual.

11-08-02 01:22 PM
Joey " Keith can kill anyone. He can beat the shit out of Lennox Lewis. "

Didn't Keith once kick the shit out of Mitch " Blood " Green ?????????????????????

" Bite Me Ronnie "

Joeykins

11-08-02 04:50 PM
TT Hey Ruby,

sind das die 1,6 MB, die noch bei freenet auf dem Server liegen?

Lohnt sich der Transport auf meine Festplatte?

Gruß,
TOM

PS: Verstehst du mich wenigstens?
11-08-02 07:09 PM
JaggaRichards Whiners!
11-08-02 07:52 PM
Martha
quote:
JaggaRichards wrote:
Whiners!

Or....those of us LUCKY enough to have seen the show so far or getting to see a future show could be called:
WINNERS!

Like it or lump it.....but I like it.
11-08-02 08:01 PM
parmeda They could come out on stage for 2 hours and do nothing but stand there and talk to the crowd...I'd be happy to pay for that.
11-08-02 10:16 PM
BILL PERKS ISCH BEIN EIN STONES FAN!!!!!!!!!!!DOOMKOPF!
11-08-02 11:28 PM
Martini øèðå æîïû íå ï¸ðäíåøü.

-M
11-09-02 02:51 AM
RubyFriday TT

Ja Tom, 1,6 MB,weil ich ein paar Bilder integriert habe,kannst mir auch ´ne email schicken,dann kriegst Du eine abgespeckte Version.
11-09-02 08:14 AM
TT Hey Bill Perks:

ICH BIN EIN STONES FAN! DUMMKOPF!

Learn it until tomorrow.
11-09-02 08:26 AM
TT For those who love to throw in the word WHINER: the most whiners I saw DURING Stones shows in the US (94 and 97): Sittin´, goin´n for a piss, gettin´ beer or fries, talkin´ all the time etc. Yes, and complaining all the time! Even in the front rows. All X-pensive Whiners!

Come to Europe and check out a show at a festival site: I´ll be at your side to console you.