ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: next cover of rolling stone Return to archive
11-07-02 10:23 AM
moy

The Simpsons on the cover the Beatle's 'Abbey Road' albumn graces the upcoming cover of Rolling Stone magazine. The magazine pays homage to 'The Simpsons' 14th season with three covers designed by Matt Groening putting the Simpsons on famous album covers. On the premiere of show this Sunday, Nov. 10,2002. on Fox television, Homer goes to rock 'n' roll fantasy camp, where his instructors are Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger. All three covers hit the stands on Friday, Nov.8,2002. (AP Photo/Rolling Stone)
11-07-02 10:24 AM
jb Stupid cover.
11-07-02 10:55 AM
Nellcote Stones on the Simpsons, Rolling Stone uses a Beatle Theme.

A big WTF?

Shows how poorly that rag has gone to pot.
11-07-02 11:15 AM
parmeda Moy posted that there are 3 different covers...this just seems to be one of them. There HAS TO BE a Stones cover!
11-07-02 11:22 AM
moy the other covers don't have the stones as far as i know the others are nirvana and bruce
11-07-02 11:26 AM
parmeda Thanks Moy...
I just checked and you're correct.
You would have thought they'd of had a Stones cover to coincide with The Simpsons' program this weekend.
11-07-02 11:38 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Bart is walking across the road without shoes on...

And what does that licence plate say? 13 IF MGW?

-tSYX --- Turn me on, dead man...
11-07-02 12:05 PM
Riffhard Rolling Stone has been proving it's irrelevance for more than a decade now,but I don't think they can be blamed for the cover. Moy's post states that it was Matt Groening's idea to do the Abbey Road treatment. I think it's a perfect fit myself. Very funny cover for sure.

Josh I know you hate to hear this but,Abbey Road is brilliant album as are most of the Beatles albums. Your hatered of the Beatles is almost pathological. Most people that I know who like the Stones also like the Beatles. I own every Beatles album they ever released while they were still a band. I never bought their post band albums with the exception of the Anthology releases,which were also are very good. This Stones vs Beatles fight is just so old. It was always played has a marketing tool anyway. The bands always appreciated each other. Why can't you?

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
11-07-02 12:38 PM
KeepRigid I wonder which Stones album cover would make for a better parody, while still being instantly identifiable for the masses?
11-07-02 12:41 PM
sonicrock sticky fingers??
11-07-02 01:11 PM
jb Hello Riffhard my gloating republican/Beatle loving friend. I am like the extreme left wing of the democratic party as far as the Beatles are concerned...apparently I am out of touch with most Beatle loving Americans....Nonetheless, real good chance of seeing you guys in January, and by the way, will Bill be a special guest?
11-07-02 01:23 PM
Riffhard LOL Josh!

I don't know if Bill can make it,but I'm working on the travel plans for his hairpiece. I'm to meet said hairpeice at gate 36 on a transcontinental flight direct from Heathrow. Bill can't seem to get over his aversion of flying,since 9-11 his phobia has only grown worse. He has been kind enough to send his toupee. Now we have to get it a ticket for the show.

Riffhard
11-07-02 01:27 PM
jb I trust you and the gang(Max,Nanker) will be attending....Do you have a good ticket Broker? I want a single for both shows rows 1-10 and would like to spend no more than 1500.00 a ticket...
11-07-02 01:50 PM
nankerphelge I am definitely there!
11-07-02 01:57 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I wonder which Stones album cover would make for a better parody, while still being instantly identifiable for the masses?

Let It Bleed would have been the best. Homer would eat the record pizza wedding cake!

11-07-02 01:59 PM
jb Nanker...please advise if you are going solo..perhaps we can pull our large resources and buy 2 seats together...must be rows 1-10 center..preferrably keith's side. Your wife can shop with mine during the shows...
11-07-02 02:12 PM
nankerphelge I am traveling with TomL -- have tickets already. Good luck with getting tix!
11-07-02 02:17 PM
jb Where are you sitting and how much? I just called a broker who wants 2600.00 for row 10....and he won't break up for a single....wanted 1800.00 for lower level....New York is f--king expensive!!!!
11-07-02 02:20 PM
nankerphelge I got nosebleeds!
11-07-02 02:24 PM
jb Time to go to e-bay! Also, can someone please advise of nice Hotel in walking distance of MSG....Thanks...
11-08-02 11:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl These are the other covers

These are some Stones related pix

Now the cover without legends

11-08-02 11:37 PM
beer Looks like Keef got Homer ripped!