ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1989 Thanks Axel!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Recommendation: All wood and stones Return to archive
November 9th, 2004 10:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great sound samples, thanks James... a freelance human being

I like it!

dear r.o. administers,
i don't know how appropriate this is, but we wanted you to be aware that we have just released an acoustic guitar and vocal stones tribute cd called all wood and stones. i'd like to know if we can get you to check out the site and give the tunes a spin? here is the label pitch:
Acoustic Guitars and Rolling Stones songs

All Wood and Stones, a vocal and acoustic guitar album like no other -- 11 Classic Rolling Stones songs sung and played by John Batdorf and James Lee Stanley; with special guests Laurence Juber (Paul McCartney&Wings), Paul Barrere (Little Feat), Timothy B Schmit (Eagles), Ken Lyon (Lemonheads), Scott Breadman (Rippingtons, Lindsay Buckingham) and Peter Tork (Monkees).

Fans of Crosby Stills & Nash, Buffalo Springfield, Rubber Soul, the Eagles, or classic Beachboys harmonies are in for a real treat. Check out www.allwoodandstones.com.

Can you imagine what the Rolling Stones songs would have sounded like if Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were California boys with acoustic guitars? Would Satisfaction, Ruby Tuesday, or Last Time been as powerful if they had been played on acoustic guitars and filled with vocal harmonies?

Curious?

So were James Lee Stanley and John Batdorf, purveyors of acoustic rock music for decades.

They took 11 Rolling Stones classics and turned them into something totally unheard of.

You don ’t have to live in California or play acoustic guitar to be enchanted by "All Wood and Stones" An amazing collection of Rolling Stones tunes played on acoustic guitars and ladened with joyous vocal harmonies.

All Wood and Stones - a unique sounding album of classic Rolling Stones songs.

You ’ve probably heard all the Rolling Stones songs covered by numerous bands both live and on CD. Perhaps you own Stone Country, the compilation of country artists doing Rolling Stones covers albums. Fun music to listen to, and great records,aren ’t they?

But All Wood and Stones takes a closer look at all of these classic Rolling Stones songs in a way that has never been done before. The angle is so different that you ’d better prepare yourself for a big surprise, a positively shocking one.

All Wood and Stones takes you on a trip. It acts like a time machine. In a single moment you

will find yourself hearing the Rolling Stones songs if they had come from a different world. Familiar and completely brand new.

Painted Black / Ruby Tuesday / Satisfaction / Under My Thumb / Let's Spend the Night Together / Mother's Little Helper / Backstreet Girl / Last Time / Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby? / 19th Nervous Breakdown / As Tears Go By

http://www.allwoodandstones.com

if you like it, please let us know. thanks,

james lee stanley

visit me on the web at http://www.jamesleestanley.com
November 10th, 2004 02:10 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Painted Black

ahem. i sure hope that is not on a press release of theirs...

nitpick aside - the project looks interesting.