ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Now THIS is sad..... Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th November 2006 01:14 PM
LadyJane Forgive me for not finding the Ed Bradley stuff funny.

I was just reading this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061109...t_for_a_warrior

LJ.
9th November 2006 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Forgive me for not finding the Ed Bradley stuff funny.

I was just reading this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061109...t_for_a_warrior

LJ.

He died in vain.
9th November 2006 01:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

He died in vain.

No soldier ever dies in vain.
9th November 2006 01:25 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

No soldier ever dies in vain.

He died b/c of our inept leadership!!!!
9th November 2006 01:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

He died b/c of our inept leadership!!!!

Isn't that most usually the case?
9th November 2006 01:29 PM
jb This borders on criminal!!!
9th November 2006 01:32 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Isn't that most usually the case?

READ the article.....disgusting

LJ.
9th November 2006 01:33 PM
jb This is why we need impeachment investigations.
9th November 2006 01:54 PM
Fiji Joe I'm not sure any of you are in a position with those psuedo facts to be passing judgment. Much of that story is simply the reality of combat and second guessing the judgment of men who weren't sitting in front of a computer when they had to make their decisions. This stuff is a long long way from establishing criminal behavior.

I had 4 friends die right next to me from friendly fire. And I suppose if someone wanted to ring the killers up for ineptitude or making a mistake that the facts, in hindsight, were there to support it. But no one involved on the ground saw it that way.

9th November 2006 01:56 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I'm not sure any of you are in a position with those psuedo facts to be passing judgment. Much of that story is simply the reality of combat and second guessing the judgment of men who weren't sitting in front of a computer when they had to make their decisions. This stuff is a long long way from establishing criminal behavior.

I had 4 friends die right next to me from friendly fire. And I suppose if someone wanted to ring the killers up for ineptitude or making a mistake that the facts, in hindsight, were there to support it. But no one involved on the ground saw it that way.

On the surface, it looks like a intentional cover-up.
[Edited by jb]
9th November 2006 01:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

On the surface, it looks like a intentional cover-up.
[Edited by jb]

Maybe it was...it wouldn't be the first time an accidental combat death was covered up because the people who comitted the accident thought they would be put in prison for fucking up or worse, judged to be guilty on some Rolling Stones message board

These days, given the fucking whining that takes place amongst the American public, our soldiers spend the majority of their time trying to cover their own asses instead of trying to cover the asses of one another
9th November 2006 02:03 PM
LadyJane Excuse me Feej...but WHERE did I pass judgement?

I find this article sad and disturbing. Is there something wrong with that???

LJ.
9th November 2006 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Maybe it was...it wouldn't be the first time an accidental combat death was covered up because the people who comitted the accident thought they would be put in prison for fucking up or worse, judged to be guilty on some Rolling Stones message board

These days, given the fucking whining that takes place amongst the American public, our soldiers spend the majority of their time trying to cover their own asses instead of trying to cover the asses of one another

We are not judging the soldiers...we all support the troops. However, as you well know, these things must be investigated fully and if the facts show criminal behavior, people must be accountable. As a lawyer, you must understand this.
9th November 2006 02:09 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Excuse me Feej...but WHERE did I pass judgement?

I find this article sad and disturbing. Is there something wrong with that???

LJ.

I was mainly referring to jb...but if you find it disturbing than you are assuming some facts not in evidence...a more plausible explanation of what happened...IMO...Dudes were scared shitless, trigger happy, a long way from home and ramped up to do what they do best...kill...well, the next thing you know Pat Tillman is dead...Pat Tillman...everyone knows who he is...what the fuck have we done?...and they freaked...at least some of them did...probably did try to cover up some stuff because who wants to be the man who killed Tillman?...well, once it's done it's done...Try and evaluate those facts in the context of the soldiers who were involved....I don't think there was anything sinister about his death...I don't think they "fragged his ass"...and to villify these men for their actions afterwards, as this article seems to do, serves no purpose...I'm sure they fill rotten enough

9th November 2006 02:11 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

We are not judging the soldiers...we all support the troops. However, as you well know, these things must be investigated fully and if the facts show criminal behavior, people must be accountable. As a lawyer, you must understand this.

Not really jb...as a soldier I understand that the last thing I need to know is that some lawyer is going to be second guessing my actions in combat...sort of takes away from the task at hand
9th November 2006 02:13 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Not really jb...as a soldier I understand that the last thing I need to know is that some lawyer is going to be second guessing my actions in combat...sort of takes away from the task at hand

The family is also demanding answers:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/25/MNGD7ETMNM1.DTL
9th November 2006 02:17 PM
WJ
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I'm sure they feel rotten enough

As long as someone feels really bad about accidentally killing someone, they shouldn’t get into any trouble.
9th November 2006 02:19 PM
pdog
quote:
WJ wrote:

As long as someone feels really bad about accidentally killing someone, they shouldn’t get into any trouble.

They shouldn't even feel the need to tell anyone!
9th November 2006 02:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
WJ wrote:

Yeah..because you are qualified to judge the situation...you have been on both sides of the sitch I take it?...Sure, hang em...that makes sense in the grand scheme of things

Based on what I've read, it appears there was some sort of attempted cover up and a false account given to higher...but none of you seems to appreciate why that may have taken place..nor do you seem the least interested in trying to understand why...why is that?...Don't you care?

9th November 2006 02:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yeah..because you are qualified to judge the situation...you have been on both sides of the sitch I take it?...Sure, hang em...that makes sense in the grand scheme of things

Based on what I've read, it appears there was some sort of attempted cover up and a false account given to higher...but none of you seems to appreciate why that may have taken place..nor do you seem the least interested in trying to understand why...why is that?...Don't you care?

Worse things have happened over lesser situations!
9th November 2006 02:24 PM
jb Of course we care...and we all want our brave men and woman serving to not have the same fate happen to them as the brave Mr. Tillman. It is only by careful review of the facts and evidence, that we can learn what happened, why it happened, and what we can do to prevent it from happening again. This is what the rule of law is all about.
9th November 2006 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Worse things have happened over lesser situations!

AC cancellation?
9th November 2006 02:25 PM
pdog Has anyone wondered what Pat would've wanted?
I haven't, but I ask the question anyway!
9th November 2006 02:26 PM
WJ
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I never claimed to be qualified to judge the situation. I think they should have been honest about what happened and not tried to cover it up. Even if it was a mistake and someone paid the price of that mistake with their life, I would find it understandable considering all the factors involved. I just don't like people lying and trying to coverup the truth.
9th November 2006 02:26 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

AC cancellation?

You're so not invited to my next birthday party!
9th November 2006 02:27 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

You're so not invited to my next birthday party!

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...and you would too, if it happened to you
9th November 2006 02:28 PM
pdog
quote:
WJ wrote:

I never claimed to be qualified to judge the situation. I think they should have been honest about what happened and not tried to cover it up. Even if it was a mistake and someone paid the price of that mistake with their life, I would find it understandable considering all the factors involved. I just don't like people lying and trying to coverup the truth.

I like it when i lie and cover up the truth, yet find it unacceptable from others...
I've got issues today.... Too much death talk and righteous indignation, it's fucking up my shit! Shit is fucked up!
We have too much freedom and spare time...
9th November 2006 02:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
WJ wrote:

not tried to cover it up. Even if it was a mistake and someone paid the price of that mistake with their life, I would find it understandable considering all the factors involved. I just don't like people lying and trying to coverup the truth.

This is my point...you're not trying to understand why they didn't come clean...think about it...not saying it was the best course of action...but understandable if you consider the context...if we can justify homicide in our legal system, and we do, surely we can justify this scenario if the facts warrant it
9th November 2006 02:30 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...and you would too, if it happened to you

Alex Trebek...
What're things still echoing in Philly hotel hallways?
9th November 2006 02:30 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
Of course we care...and we all want our brave men and woman serving to not have the same fate happen to them as the brave Mr. Tillman. It is only by careful review of the facts and evidence, that we can learn what happened, why it happened, and what we can do to prevent it from happening again. This is what the rule of law is all about.

Maybe someone should investigate your situation to determine compliance with the rule of law...god knows what you've covered up in your lifetime
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)