ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LA Event T-Shirt Return to archive
9th November 2006 11:16 AM
GotToRollMe So this morning I get an email from rs.com inviting me to pre-order the LA event shirt. It's black-on-black, and you can barely make out what the shirt looks like, but rs.com says that we can "trust" them that this is what the "insiders of L.A. will be wearing." Now, I like black. It's my color of choice for clothing. But I'd like to see what I'm buying before I buy it. I guess I'm just picky that way.

Here's the email and the picture of the shirt. Judge for yourselves.

Dear Stones Fans,

Paint L.A. Black with the Los Angeles Black Tongue Event Shirt!

As the amazing 05/06 tour begins drawing to a close, we are happy to present you with one final pre-order for this run of shows. Conceived as a bootleg shirt on the streets of Mexico, our final event shirt of the year was adopted by the Stones security crew and, at the suggestion of Charlie Watts, has now been adapted into an ultra-cool shirt for the fans. Once the shirt was discovered during the run to Mexico, the security crew began sporting these black-tongue-on-black tees for the rest of the tour. Now you can get your own-which will also feature an explosion on back with Dodger Stadium event info. Plus, we have taken the black tongue and fashioned it into a commemorative pin to complete the set.

Pre-order the shirt and the pin together for only $35. As with all pre-orders, we don't expect this shirt to be available at retail stores, so you need to get it here. We'll be shipping orders out on Monday, November 20, so if you select Express Shipping, you should get your shirt on the 22nd, in time for sporting it at L.A.'s premiere event of the season: the Rolling Stones in concert! This pre-order will close at 3 PM EST on November 20, so get your order in now.

It is, of course, hard to show you exactly how distinctive this black-on-black tongue looks on your computer screen, so you'll have to trust us when we say that this is what the insiders of L.A. will be wearing. It's your chance to flaunt the tongue in public, while keeping it on the down low.

Thanks,
Rolling Stones Official Store

9th November 2006 11:17 AM
LadyJane I almost bit...but I deleted and said "Screw it".

No more $$$ to rs.com.

LJ.
9th November 2006 11:20 AM
jb I like it!!!! Go for it!!!
9th November 2006 11:26 AM
Saint Sway thats a really long and elaborate back story to come up with for what is basically an idea that a 5 yr old could of come up with!!

"...we found it bootlegged on the mean streets of mexico... two crew members were incarcerated trying to smuggle one back to the US... Charlie teamed with a renowned fashion designer...."

NO! FUCKWADS! Its just a black tongue on a black t-shirt!
9th November 2006 11:27 AM
gimmekeef Trust them?....I'd have more faith in a snake oil salesman
9th November 2006 11:28 AM
Your Cousin Lou I think it is one of the best event shirts I've seen. No surprise that Charlie suggested it...
9th November 2006 11:31 AM
WJ Don't buy something from someone who uses the term "down low".
[Edited by WJ]
9th November 2006 11:48 AM
egon or sends you emails to promote their shit...
9th November 2006 11:54 AM
jb I like it and it seems very reasonably priced...remeber, merchandise sales helps us achieve higher gross.
9th November 2006 11:59 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:
I think it is one of the best event shirts I've seen. No surprise that Charlie suggested it...

That's the thing. I think it might be a cool-looking shirt. I like the black-on-black "Stones N.Y.C." shirt that I got a couple of months ago (even though the sizes ran ridiculously small for a men's shirt - it fits like a "baby tee" and it's a LARGE...and at this point I don't have the patience to exchange it...not to mention it's not even available anymore). Which reminds me - they're really running low on stock. I clicked on the "Let's Spend The Night Together" section where they have the pajamas and stuff, and they're all out.

Anyway, even though I'm tempted by this one, I'm gonna hold out and see what the AC shirt looks like. I just don't have the dough to be buying multiple t-shirts at $40 a pop. I had to pass on the Giants shirt too...they're getting really lazy, using that football helmet motif for several events...and that football tongue design...yikes.
9th November 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

That's the thing. I think it might be a cool-looking shirt. I like the black-on-black "Stones N.Y.C." shirt that I got a couple of months ago (even though the sizes ran ridiculously small for a men's shirt - it fits like a "baby tee" and it's a LARGE...and at this point I don't have the patience to exchange it...not to mention it's not even available anymore). Which reminds me - they're really running low on stock. I clicked on the "Let's Spend The Night Together" section where they have the pajamas and stuff, and they're all out.

Anyway, even though I'm tempted by this one, I'm gonna hold out and see what the AC shirt looks like. I just don't have the dough to be buying multiple t-shirts at $40 a pop. I had to pass on the Giants shirt too...they're getting really lazy, using that football helmet motif for several events...and that football tongue design...yikes.

Please buy it!!! DIFTK!!!!!
9th November 2006 12:05 PM
WJ
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

That's the thing. I think it might be a cool-looking shirt. I like the black-on-black "Stones N.Y.C." shirt that I got a couple of months ago (even though the sizes ran ridiculously small for a men's shirt - it fits like a "baby tee" and it's a LARGE...and at this point I don't have the patience to exchange it

Would you be interesed in selling it? I've pretty much given up on buying concert t-shirts because they're all so large I end up using them as nightgowns.
9th November 2006 12:56 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
I like it and it seems very reasonably priced...remeber, merchandise sales helps us achieve higher gross.

No, they're not counted with ticket sales.

GTRM, I would say buy this one. The AC shirt will be crap if they even bother with one. Did they do a Boise show? Montana?
9th November 2006 01:01 PM
GotToRollMe WTF? I just read that email again:

"As the amazing 05/06 tour begins drawing to a close, we are happy to present you with one final pre-order for this run of shows. Conceived as a bootleg shirt on the streets of Mexico, our final event shirt of the year..."

So that's it? No AC event shirt? No Oakland event shirt? What the hell is going on over there?
9th November 2006 01:10 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
WJ wrote:

Would you be interesed in selling it? I've pretty much given up on buying concert t-shirts because they're all so large I end up using them as nightgowns.

Actually, I exaggerated just a little. It doesn't fit like a baby-t, but it is tight. I can't part with it though 'cause I really like it. I wish they had more of them because I would go through the hassle of exchanging it for a larger size. You guys are so lucky you don't have to deal with having a bosom. It's nothing but a big pain in the ass...honestly.
9th November 2006 01:11 PM
WJ
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Actually, I exaggerated just a little. It doesn't fit like a baby-t, but it is tight. I can't part with it though 'cause I really like it. I wish they had more of them because I would go through the hassle of exchanging it for a larger size. You guys are so lucky you don't have to deal with having a bosom. It's nothing but a big pain in the ass...honestly.

I hear you sister.
9th November 2006 01:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
GTRM, I would say buy this one. The AC shirt will be crap if they even bother with one. Did they do a Boise show? Montana?

quote:
jb wrote:
Please buy it!!! DIFTK!!!!!

Yeah, fuck it. I'm buying it. Those BASTARDS!
9th November 2006 01:17 PM
jb It does go into the tour gross!!! And you have helped us come closer to the 400 million mark!!! Thanks!!!
9th November 2006 01:21 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Yeah, fuck it. I'm buying it. Those BASTARDS!

Don't feel bad,,,,I just fished my email out of the deleted itmes folder.

LJ.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)