ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GnR Tonight (nsc) Return to archive
8th November 2006 06:15 PM
lotsajizz I am off to the Worcester Centrum or whatever corporate name of the week they call it now. Axl was a no show Monday in Maine and has rarely come on before midnight this tour. It's going to be a long night but one that will rock in the end based on all previous accounts and my personal experience in 2002.

8th November 2006 06:17 PM
pdog They hit the stage around 11 here. As you know I was surprised how good it was, and you wil have the great time you expect, as long as they play, at least!
8th November 2006 06:18 PM
monkey_man Expect the tantrum around 11:45. . .

[Edited by monkey_man]
8th November 2006 07:48 PM
Steel Wheels I was at the show in Philly a few years back when Axl didn't show up. I was in the press booth and the food was top notch. I didn't even care that Axl blew the show off.
9th November 2006 07:35 AM
lotsajizz WOW!!! THAT is what a rockshow SHOULD be!!! The band is just fantastic and Axl is one of rock's best all-time frontmen!! His voice took some songs to warm up, but when he did--man, that voice is a weapon! The mix slimed him a bit, very bass and guitar heavy and the drums sounded a tad tinny. Tommy Stinson is one the best bassists in all rock and I dig the all-plaid suit! Bumblefoot's less weird and a tad less talented than Buckethead and they miss Brain who's taking time off due to a new baby, but this was friggin' incredible. They were VERY loud--ears are still ringin'!! Nice explosions and pyro...They came on at 11:38 P.M. and left at 2:05 A.M....we got home at 3:15!!
I am fuckin' TIRED!!

November 8th, 2006 - Worcester, MA

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Robin Finck Jam with the drummer and Dizzy Reed, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, You Could Be Mine, Piano Moving Jam and another Dizzy Solo--this one based on "Angie", The Blues, another Piano Moving Jam, Band Introductions, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet, Out Ta Get Me, Piano Moving Jam, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), November Rain (dedicated to Britney and KFed)Madagascar, Down On The Farm !!!! (my personal favorite I LOVE THAT TUNE, an ol' UK Subs song!!), IRS, My Michelle (duet, with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain
Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

an ol' fashioned moshpit and slam dancing and crowd surfing on the floor---anarchy during the last song!!!

Not a sell out, maybe 3/4 full in a 15,000 seat venue

[Edited by lotsajizz]
9th November 2006 09:12 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
WOW!!! THAT is what a rockshow SHOULD be!!! The band is just fantastic and Axl is one of rock's best all-time frontmen!! His voice took some songs to warm up, but when he did--man, that voice is a weapon! The mix slimed him a bit, very bass and guitar heavy and the drums sounded a tad tinny. Tommy Stinson is one the best bassists in all rock and I dig the all-plaid suit! Bumblefoot's less weird and a tad less talented than Buckethead and they miss Brain who's taking time off due to a new baby, but this was friggin' incredible. They were VERY loud--ears are still ringin'!! Nice explosions and pyro...They came on at 11:38 P.M. and left at 2:05 A.M....we got home at 3:15!!
I am fuckin' TIRED!!

November 8th, 2006 - Worcester, MA

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Robin Finck Jam with the drummer and Dizzy Reed, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, You Could Be Mine, Piano Moving Jam and another Dizzy Solo--this one based on "Angie", The Blues, another Piano Moving Jam, Band Introductions, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet, Out Ta Get Me, Piano Moving Jam, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), November Rain (dedicated to Britney and KFed)Madagascar, Down On The Farm !!!! (my personal favorite I LOVE THAT TUNE, an ol' UK Subs song!!), IRS, My Michelle (duet, with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain
Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

an ol' fashioned moshpit and slam dancing and crowd surfing on the floor---anarchy during the last song!!!

Not a sell out, maybe 3/4 full in a 15,000 seat venue

[Edited by lotsajizz]

Sounds pretty good but what the heck is a Piano Moving Jam? And why was there like three of them?
[Edited by Maxlugar]
9th November 2006 09:15 AM
lotsajizz sigh...they are mere time filling noodlings while the roadies wheel out the grand piano and set it up....I agree with your hint, too many solos and noodlings, on the other hand one of the jams was "Angie"
9th November 2006 10:47 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Tommy Stinson is one the best bassists in all rock and I dig the all-plaid suit! Bumblefoot's less weird and a tad less talented than Buckethead and they miss Brain.....

....and Slash.... and Duff... and Izzy... and Matt.... but who's counting?
9th November 2006 12:52 PM
lotsajizz they miss none of those latter cited inferior musicians

9th November 2006 02:24 PM
ListenToTheLion GnR = old bores
9th November 2006 02:31 PM
lotsajizz Lion=ignorant
[Edited by lotsajizz]
9th November 2006 02:34 PM
pdog No one in G n'R is dead...
9th November 2006 02:39 PM
Saint Sway kinda hard to believe that GNR has cancelled less shows this year than the Stones
9th November 2006 02:59 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
No one in G n'R is dead...

Has anyone seen Steven lately? He was a no show at the Faster Pussycat/Bang Tango show at Safari Sam's.
9th November 2006 03:16 PM
lotsajizz his dad just died...probably he's with family
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)