ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HELL YEAH!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th November 2006 03:18 PM
Jaxx Shall there be an amendment to section 18-18-406(1) of the Colorado revised statutes making legal the possession of one ounce or less of marihuana* for any person twenty-one years of age or older?

*their spelling, not mine

Legalize it - don't criticize it
Legalize it and i will advertise it

Some call it tampee
Some call it the weed
Some call it Marijuana
Some of them call it Ganja

Singer smoke it
And players of instruments too
Legalize it, yeah, yeah
That's the best thing you can do
Doctors smoke it
Nurses smoke it
Judges smoke it
Even the lawyers too

It's good for the flu
It's good for asthma
Good for tuberculosis
Even umara composis

Bird eat it
And they leave it
Fowls eat it
Goats love to play with it

go out and VOTE today.
7th November 2006 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Good luck.
7th November 2006 03:20 PM
Some Guy Marijuana does not lead to harder drugs, being out of marijuana leads to harder drugs.
7th November 2006 03:21 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
Shall there be an amendment to section 18-18-406(1) of the Colorado revised statutes making legal the possession of one ounce or less of marihuana* for any person twenty-one years of age or older?

Don't hope so!
7th November 2006 03:22 PM
Jakeb206
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Marijuana does not lead to harder drugs, being out of marijuana leads to harder drugs.

O so true! LOL :-D
7th November 2006 03:24 PM
Nellcote it's ruining peoples lives!!!

7th November 2006 03:29 PM
Joey

< ------- Frig YEAH !!!!!!

Hello My Mile High Momma .....

You guys got your WHO Tickets yet ( 11/14/06 ) ?! Martha & Her Husband are going to the gig .....

Developing ............................

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
7th November 2006 03:33 PM
Jaxx thanks for that hilarious video clip, nellcote.

quote:
Joey wrote:

< ------- Frig YEAH !!!!!!

Hello My Mile High Momma .....

You guys got your WHO Tickets yet ( 11/14/06 ) ?! Martha & Her Husband are going to the gig .....

Developing ............................

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

just got "the word" and all systems are GO!!!! . he will have a helluva b-day.
[Edited by Jaxx]
7th November 2006 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
thanks for that hilarious video clip, nellcote.

just got "the word" and all systems are GO!!!! . he will have a helluva b-day.
[Edited by Jaxx]

YES !!!!! .... " The Petey " approves

But Joey Flies Higher

More Pete & Rachel

[Edited by Joey]
7th November 2006 03:43 PM
jb Colorado leg. run by rabid right wing fanatics..sad for such a wide open, beautiful, state.
7th November 2006 03:58 PM
Jaxx the right wing is loosing its foothold. the next governor will be a demo.

btw, the president was in my coffee shop on saturday morning doing his weekly radio address. Mile High Coffee. i always meet my friends there.

President Bush visits with small business owners Saturday at Mile High Coffee in Englewood before heading to Greeley to raise support for the Republican party. (Post / RJ Sangosti)

"Earlier, Bush delivered his weekly radio address live from Mile High Coffee in suburban Denver. Sitting with a mug of coffee, Bush said his tax-cutting policies have created jobs and fueled economic progress. He said if Democrats gain control of the Congress, they can raise taxes simply by not renewing the tax cuts. "

[Edited by Jaxx]
7th November 2006 04:03 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
the right wing is loosing its foothold. the next governor will be a demo.

btw, the president was in my coffee shop on saturday morning doing his weekly radio address.

Are you the woman in the background on the right?
7th November 2006 04:03 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
the right wing is loosing its foothold. the next governor will be a demo.

btw, the president was in my coffee shop on saturday morning doing his weekly radio address.

7th November 2006 04:14 PM
Jaxx R O T F L M A O

no.
[Edited by Jaxx]
7th November 2006 05:31 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Oh , MY !!!!

You are SASSY .
7th November 2006 08:44 PM
MrPleasant I just visited the dentist and got a brand new tooth. I feel like drinking heavily tonight. Goodbye apples and carrots: hello whisky.
7th November 2006 08:50 PM
pdog Weed should not even be a legal issue. I can't believe such narrow minds still prevail in this world. I'm not saying people shouldn't drink, but jesus, even a child can tell a drunk person isn't in contol of themselves. A stoned person, is just likely to eat the kids candy!
Gays
Weed
&
Abortions
I'm not gay, don't smoke weed and last time I checked, still no ovaries!

We need more queer, stoned abortion doctors, no?
8th November 2006 02:42 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
pdog wrote:
Weed should not even be a legal issue. I can't believe such narrow minds still prevail in this world. I'm not saying people shouldn't drink, but jesus, even a child can tell a drunk person isn't in contol of themselves. A stoned person, is just likely to eat the kids candy!
Gays
Weed
&
Abortions
I'm not gay, don't smoke weed and last time I checked, still no ovaries!

We need more queer, stoned abortion doctors, no?

I am both drunk and high at this very moment and that sir, is a most beautiful post...
8th November 2006 12:16 PM
Jaxx its a sad day here in the mile high city--- needless to say the marajuana issue failed miserably here, as did a referendum that would give same sex couples the same rights as married couples--hospital visitation, health insurance etc. even worse an amendment was passed to the state constitution that defines marriage as a union between a man and woman. talk about putting the cart before the horse. same sex couples have been having and adopting children, creating family units. now the state won't recognize these families they've allowed to exist. they voted down a tax to fund mandatory preschool while at the same time voting in a democrat for governor, shifting the state senate and congress to democrat for the first time since '58 and added to the demo count in D.C. i'm so confused by these schizophrenic decisions.
8th November 2006 03:02 PM
glencar Don't worry, jaxx, some idiot court will come along & overturn the will of the people.
8th November 2006 03:30 PM
lotsajizz glencar's "will of the people" resembles a triumph of the will.....

8th November 2006 03:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
its a sad day here in the mile high city--- needless to say the marajuana issue failed miserably here, as did a referendum that would give same sex couples the same rights as married couples--hospital visitation, health insurance etc. even worse an amendment was passed to the state constitution that defines marriage as a union between a man and woman. talk about putting the cart before the horse. same sex couples have been having and adopting children, creating family units. now the state won't recognize these families they've allowed to exist. they voted down a tax to fund mandatory preschool while at the same time voting in a democrat for governor, shifting the state senate and congress to democrat for the first time since '58 and added to the demo count in D.C. i'm so confused by these schizophrenic decisions.

Damn, and I thought Californians were crazy voters!
8th November 2006 03:37 PM
Jaxx yes. it makes no sense to me what so ever. altho, by national standards, even the democrats here are on the conservative side.
8th November 2006 04:12 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
glencar wrote:
Don't worry, jaxx, some idiot court will come along & overturn the will of the people.

You know, I've heard this sort of comment alot during the Bush years and recent campaigns but it does confuse me at times. In many cases we are dealing with ballot questions in many States that clearly defined civil benefits to be exclusively reserved to one type of defined coupling. The very act of putting forth the question to the general electorate in said States is the issue, not the question itself. The rights and liberties and benefit enjoyment of any minority group should never be voted on by the majority. The majority in more instances than not will side with their group and if their group's stance is against the minority, well, majority rules. Is this fair to the minority? The answer as to whether the majority rules vote denies a civil right to the minority is a question that rests with the courts.

As for the movement to deny the advancement of equal marriage rights in the USA itself, I find it ironic that it is primarily supported by religious groups. I do wonder why they bitch so much about the gay community fighting for equal recognition of their relationships when it is not even the religious establishment that manages, honors, or bestows the rights and benefits to couples. The license and benefits are granted by the State, not by the church.

I wonder, should the general electorate have had a voice on whether to grant women the right to vote, blacks the right to vote, or allow interracial marriages? If not mistaken, it was in fact the courts and not the general electorate that made these decisions, was it not?

Just wondering...
8th November 2006 04:58 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

>>In many cases we are dealing with ballot questions in many States that clearly defined civil benefits to be exclusively reserved to one type of defined coupling. The very act of putting forth the question to the general electorate in said States is the issue, not the question itself.

yes! exactly!! this is why i am so bummed out the way colorado voted. i am appalled at how the far right is desperate to define marriage, when the same sex couple family unit already exists. i am equally appalled that same sex couples monogomous couples that want to marry, but can't need special documents to afford the same rights as a married couple for issues such as inheritance, insurance, deathbed visitations and final requests.

>>The rights and liberties and benefit enjoyment of any minority group should never be voted on by the majority. The majority in more instances than not will side with their group and if their group's stance is against the minority, well, majority rules. Is this fair to the minority? The answer as to whether the majority rules vote denies a civil right to the minority is a question that rests with the courts.

and there lies the logic behind the balance of power, executive, judicial and legislative branches and the system of checks and balances, led astray by money and special interest groups' lobbyists.

>>As for the movement to deny the advancement of equal marriage rights in the USA itself, I find it ironic that it is primarily supported by religious groups.

living secret gay or pediphile lifestyles. i don't need to name names, now do i?

8th November 2006 05:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

You know, I've heard this sort of comment alot during the Bush years and recent campaigns but it does confuse me at times. In many cases we are dealing with ballot questions in many States that clearly defined civil benefits to be exclusively reserved to one type of defined coupling. The very act of putting forth the question to the general electorate in said States is the issue, not the question itself. The rights and liberties and benefit enjoyment of any minority group should never be voted on by the majority. The majority in more instances than not will side with their group and if their group's stance is against the minority, well, majority rules. Is this fair to the minority? The answer as to whether the majority rules vote denies a civil right to the minority is a question that rests with the courts.

As for the movement to deny the advancement of equal marriage rights in the USA itself, I find it ironic that it is primarily supported by religious groups. I do wonder why they bitch so much about the gay community fighting for equal recognition of their relationships when it is not even the religious establishment that manages, honors, or bestows the rights and benefits to couples. The license and benefits are granted by the State, not by the church.

I wonder, should the general electorate have had a voice on whether to grant women the right to vote, blacks the right to vote, or allow interracial marriages? If not mistaken, it was in fact the courts and not the general electorate that made these decisions, was it not?

Just wondering...

I know before I got married, after living together one year, I was allowed to add my wife onto my health benefits.
Marriage should not be a factor for anyone who choses not to get married and share any and all rights as any other American!
So yeah! I agree!
What's most ironic is, these religous people who denounce gays are also complaining about other religions, like mislims, being intolerant!
Who is standing on a bigger pile of bullshit?
8th November 2006 05:12 PM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:
What's most ironic is, these religous people who denounce gays are also complaining about other religions, like mislims, being intolerant!
Who is standing on a bigger pile of bullshit?

I like your way of thinking!
8th November 2006 05:19 PM
Fiji Joe It's more ironic that those most vocal concerning religious intolerance are those less willing to committ to confronting religious intolerance on a global scale

I'm not religious at all and I absolutely reject homosexuality...it makes no sense to me and does not appeal to me on any level...I can tolerate it...but unlike pdog, I see no reason to celebrate it

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
8th November 2006 05:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I'm not religious at all and I absolutely reject homosexuality...it makes no sense to me and does not appeal to me on any level...I can tolerate it...but unlike pdog, I see no reason to celebrate it

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I reject brussel sprouts, but I had to try them first...
When were you offered gay? If it makes no sense, do you actually think about it, b/c I don't... There's no appeal or lack of appeal for something that's not a prt of my life. If I think about gay, I'd think I might be gay. From what I've learned from The Foley's and Haggards of the world, there's usually an underlying reason for their outward emotional rejection of homosexuals...
What am I celebrating?
8th November 2006 05:37 PM
glencar If the people of a state vote to add to teh State's Contitution that marriage is only between a man & a woman, who am I to disagree?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)