ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kicked Out for Smoking Pot Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th November 2006 04:14 AM
sweetcharmedlife Hey gang. I hope those that went had a great time. Pretty standard setlist, but a lot of energy from what I saw. What I saw was not as much as I wanted to. I have been going to concerts for over 20 yrs. I have been to probably over 200 concerts in my time. I have gotten kicked out for sneaking in, causing trouble when I was in, or some other trivial matter.
It was not until Mon.when Midnight Rambler was almost done, and someone sitting next to me and my date passed us something round and white to smoke. Well we were all rocking and having a good time. Next thing I know Oakland's finest was shining a light in my face, and telling me to come with them. They took our tickets and kicked me, my date and the guy who passed it us out.
Now as soon as we walked into the parking lot we could smell pot. All night you could smell it in the air. Yet they chose to kick us out.

What the fuck is this world coming to?
7th November 2006 07:23 AM
jostorm what a bummer!....seems the world has changed its tune to "sex, law-enforcement and Rock'n Roll"....
7th November 2006 07:48 AM
UGot2Rollme Bummer... you'd think that the cops would have better things to do, given all the crime in Oakland. They must be lazy.
7th November 2006 07:49 AM
glencar They probably wanted to get the first guy's supply!
7th November 2006 07:51 AM
Some Guy damn! That blows hope it was the kind!
7th November 2006 08:26 AM
WJ You must be leaving something out; this story doesn't make sense. You were at a concert in Oakland and got kicked out for pot smoking? Would never happen!

Couple years ago I was at a concert (Blink 182) and some soccer mom (there with her teen daughter) complained to one of the cops that my brother was smoking pot. He looked at her like she was crazy and told her "it's a concert". She started ranting like a freakin' loon "oh, that means there are no laws now? I demand you enforce the law, do your job". Finally everyone around her told her to shut the fuck up and she stormed out.
7th November 2006 08:30 AM
FotiniD I'm not at all supporting the mass hysteria regarding smoking and it being banned from just about everywhere, and I know gigs and pot smoking often make a perfect match, but hey, if someone doesn't want to inhale your smoke, I think you should take it elsewhere. It's a matter of good manners, imo

Now, getting thrown out of a gig just for smoking pot? That's plain, blatant hypocricy on the part of the police.
7th November 2006 08:49 AM
Jumping Jack Are these the San Francisco values we can expect when Pelosi gets in charge of the House? The country is going to hell I tell you!
7th November 2006 09:03 AM
Joey " What the fuck is this world coming to? "

< ----- Please vote Democratic today
7th November 2006 09:05 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Are these the San Francisco values we can expect when Pelosi gets in charge of the House? The country is going to hell I tell you!

The Senate was NEVER in play but the DEMS WILL win the House today . Word .

Oh , and I am madly in love with Nancy Pelosi

Joe Pelosi
7th November 2006 09:52 AM
Jumping Jack Careful young 'kins, Pelosi has Black Widow Eyes, LOL!
7th November 2006 09:55 AM
Nellcote How was the weed, btw?
Was it worth it?
7th November 2006 10:01 AM
nankerphelge I feel your pain, but you have to be careful.

People are not as "understanding" as they were even 10 years ago. And Police are very aggressive in a lot of venues.

That's why I recommend, THE CHIBA CHARIOT!!!
Just take a spin around the stadium ahead of time and they can't sneak up on you!!!

7th November 2006 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Careful young 'kins, Pelosi has Black Widow Eyes, LOL!

I like " Black Widow Eyes " .....!

I really do !

Kins
7th November 2006 10:51 AM
jb Very uncool....Pot should be legal . We have this hypocrtite right wingers who play the morality card, yet, as we have seen, are involved in behavior that they would condem. It is a sad reality that our nation has been taken over by a loud, angry, vandictive lot, bent on imposing their so-called values on us. I thought true conservatism valued individual freedom and less government intervention.
7th November 2006 11:04 AM
Jumping Jack I don't care about values, I just want the government out of my wallet so I can give more of my hard earned money to the Stones.
7th November 2006 11:05 AM
Dan Since when have the Democrats been pro pot? Also, joints are too risky these days. Stealth smoking with a sneak a toke is the way to go. And I hope you at least tried to go back in through a different door.
7th November 2006 11:11 AM
Saint Sway Total bullshit. Smoking pot at concerts has been a ritual for 40 years. Security needs to look the other way or just give a warning. No reason to kick people out for toking.

I know for a fact that there are bands like the Crowes that tell the promoters and the venues that they must adopt a lax attitude towards smoking at their shows and instruct the venues not to hassle their fans. Are you telling me the mighty Stones Inc cant do the same??
7th November 2006 11:13 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
Since when have the Democrats been pro pot? Also, joints are too risky these days. Stealth smoking with a sneak a toke is the way to go. And I hope you at least tried to go back in through a different door.

Many democrats support legalization of pot. Moreover, most democrats do not want to impose their morals on the population, We are the progreesive party, the party of FDR, who has brought social security, medicare, civil rights, and abortion rights to this country. We are not phonies, like Bill O'Reilly, who quickly coverd up his sex scandal, while never let up on Clinton. Look at Haggerd, a total fag basher, who like Foley, was living a double life. It's funny how the republicans are all ready to accept his apology and so-called repentence, but still hound Clinton to this day about a consenual blow-job.
[Edited by jb]
7th November 2006 11:19 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Many democrats support legalization of pot. Moreover, most democrats do not want to impose their morals on the population, We are the progreesive party, the party of FDR, who has brought social security, medicare, civil rights, and abortion rights to this country. We are not phonies, like Bill O'Reilly, who quickly coverd up his sex scandal, while never let up on Clinton. Look at Haggerd, a total fag basher, who like Foley, was living a double life. It's funny how the republicans are all ready to accept his apology and so-called repentence, but still hound Clinton to this day about a consenual blow-job.
[Edited by jb]

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly stroke your young moist Joshy forehead and just say , .... well ... " Thanks " for being ... well , ... you .

7th November 2006 11:24 AM
Saint Sway JBs layin the smack down on Election Day!
7th November 2006 11:32 AM
GotToRollMe That is simply appalling. I must spark up now just to get that awful image out of my head.
7th November 2006 11:33 AM
WJ
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly stroke your young moist Joshy forehead and just say , .... well ... " Thanks " for being ... well , ... you .

I think it's great that you're secure enough in your manhood to express your warm tender feelings for another male.

Josh & Joey? BFF

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
7th November 2006 11:37 AM
LadyJane And again...thank you Pdog for saving me at MSG in January.

Smooth...very very smooth.

Oh...and thanks Sai Wong for saving me from the Bouncer in chicago....

Smooth...very very smooth.

Oh...and....never mind!!!

LJ.
7th November 2006 11:49 AM
Joey

Sometimes Words can't Express how we all feel :

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
7th November 2006 12:13 PM
Dan IIRC the Clinton administration was against any medical marijuana ballot and there were more marijuana arrests during his term than in any time in history. So I am not about to project any pro marijuana values on Democrat candidates when history tells me otherwise.
7th November 2006 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
IIRC the Clinton administration was against any medical marijuana ballot and there were more marijuana arrests during his term than in any time in history. So I am not about to project any pro marijuana values on Democrat candidates when history tells me otherwise.

You stand a far greater chance of legalizing pot with a democratic congress. Look at what the republicans are doing to stem cell research for christs sake!!! Millions of people suffering from Parkinson disease, liver disease, etc can be helped with government funded research!!! Yet, the republicans , as usual, distort the facts and make it an moral issue about cloning/abortion....leave it to the GOP as they are the first to support the barbaric deathpenalty, but would deny our female population destiny over their reproductive rights!!!
7th November 2006 12:21 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
They probably wanted to get the first guy's supply!

Oakland PD you know they did!! There were a lot of cops in the stadium. . .more so than usual!
7th November 2006 12:21 PM
throbby I wonder what Jesus would think about all this "morality"
7th November 2006 12:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
You stand a far greater chance of legalizing pot with a democratic congress. Look at what the republicans are doing to stem cell research for christs sake!!! Millions of people suffering from Parkinson disease, liver disease, etc can be helped with government funded research!!! Yet, the republicans , as usual, distort the facts and make it an moral issue about cloning/abortion....leave it to the GOP as they are the first to support the barbaric deathpenalty, but would deny our female population destiny over their reproductive rights!!!

you're posts are spot on today!

I voted Dem across the board. I can not wait another 6 years while the Republicans stall and block stem cell research.

stem cell research is the greatest thing we can do right now to help people in this country.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)