ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The ultimate coffee making machine Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th November 2006 04:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 4 cup Mr. Coffee....with computerized timer. I'm in the process of unwrapping it now....a brand new one. I wouldn;t have mentioned it apart from the fact that I think this is one of those machines that make modern life possible.
6th November 2006 04:24 PM
jb Why TTM, why???
6th November 2006 04:24 PM
WJ
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
4 cup Mr. Coffee....with computerized timer. I'm in the process of unwrapping it now....a brand new one. I wouldn;t have mentioned it apart from the fact that I think this is one of those machines that make modern life possible.

You don't have a grind and brew? You set the timer for the morning and it grinds the beans and then brews your coffee.

So fresh!
6th November 2006 04:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >You don't have a grind and brew?<

I almost bought it. Kinda. I thought about it. It was right there on the shelf. I don't usually endorse manufactured products but the Mr. Coffee is right up there with the wheel.
6th November 2006 04:29 PM
jostorm Are you going to change your handle to "Agent Baristiere" ???

PS: why are men so obsessed with totally useless gadgets??
What is wrong with a perfectly simple cafetiere??? (You can even make coffee with one in the office when there's a powercut, piling furniture up and setting fire to it....)
6th November 2006 04:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
WJ wrote:
You don't have a grind and brew?

is that strip club?
6th November 2006 04:32 PM
WJ
quote:
>You don't have a grind and brew?<

I almost bought it. Kinda. I thought about it. It was right there on the shelf. I don't usually endorse manufactured products but the Mr. Coffee is right up there with the wheel.

Only drawback to my machine is it's freakin' loud'; like chainsaw loud. That thing goes off at 6am and it sets off car alarms and all the dogs in the neighborhood bark like mad.

Coffee tastes excellent though!
6th November 2006 04:33 PM
WJ
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

is that strip club?

Yeah, it's where Tony goes.
6th November 2006 04:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jostorm wrote:
PS: why are men so obsessed with totally useless gadgets??

I have no idea.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
6th November 2006 05:00 PM
F505 The Tour is a bust!
6th November 2006 05:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot 4 cups? I'd need to make 8 pots a day!

I have a Krups. 12 cup pot. I go through 2-3 pots a day. We have one of those Bunn in line water thingys at work. Brews it right into an air pot. With all the cops stopping in to fill up their thermoses n stuff, we probably make 4-5 pots a shift.

Emergency services are fueled by java.

Whenever my Krups dies(I've had it for almost 20 years...), I'll be getting one of those grind & brews. My parents have one and it makes really excellent coffee.
6th November 2006 05:23 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I prefer the Senseo.
7th November 2006 07:30 AM
jostorm A masturbation kit including a condom???????
Doesn't that make it a bit impersonal?
7th November 2006 03:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
4 cups? I'd need to make 8 pots a day!

I have a Krups. 12 cup pot. I go through 2-3 pots a day. We have one of those Bunn in line water thingys at work. Brews it right into an air pot. With all the cops stopping in to fill up their thermoses n stuff, we probably make 4-5 pots a shift.

Emergency services are fueled by java.

Whenever my Krups dies(I've had it for almost 20 years...), I'll be getting one of those grind & brews. My parents have one and it makes really excellent coffee.

Krups? Is that the mail order deal that supplies the coffee too? The only complaint I've got about this Mr. Coffee is the burner doesn't keep the coffee hot enough.
But it seems like I'll have to check out this grind and brew.

7th November 2006 03:45 PM
Jaxx i like my grind and brew, except i can't get the coffee as strong as it was in my french press. can only fit 8 scoops of beans and i need more than that for my 8 cup pot. zoom zoom.
7th November 2006 03:45 PM
Nellcote Thumbtacks can be used by the other eight fingers.
7th November 2006 03:49 PM
ListenToTheLion WTF! Krup was the company that made heavy artillerie in World War I.
7th November 2006 03:52 PM
Jaxx
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
WTF! Krup was the company that made heavy artillerie in World War I.

well now they're into small kitchen appliances--coffee makers, expresso machines, waffle irons. a long way from heavy artillery!
[Edited by Jaxx]
7th November 2006 03:55 PM
F505 When I was in the States and I ordered cup of coffee I got a gallon instead! Is that normal????
7th November 2006 03:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
WTF! Krup was the company that made heavy artillerie in World War I.

Probably. I think Krupp supplied munitions in WWII as well. Probably some with financing arranged by Prescott Bush.
7th November 2006 03:58 PM
robpop Not that hot!!!

7th November 2006 03:59 PM
WJ
quote:
F505 wrote:
When I was in the States and I ordered cup of coffee I got a gallon instead! Is that normal????

You must have ordered the venti.

This is why so many Americans are fat; we do not know what normal sizes are anymore.
7th November 2006 04:00 PM
WJ
quote:
robpop wrote:
Not that hot!!!

Who told you to use the balm?
7th November 2006 04:01 PM
F505
quote:
WJ wrote:

You must have ordered the venti.

This is why so many Americans are fat; we do not know what normal sizes are anymore.

Anymore? Was their a time when it was normal?
7th November 2006 04:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Just for the record.....I hate decaf. Almost as much as I hate condoms.

7th November 2006 04:04 PM
WJ
quote:
F505 wrote:

Anymore? Was their a time when it was normal?

Well......not in the South. I think they still get scurvy down there from their crappy eating habits.
7th November 2006 04:04 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Just for the record.....I hate decaf. Almost as much as I hate condoms.

WTF!!! Why! Why?
7th November 2006 11:18 PM
Bloozehound fuck mr coffee in the ass

in like the last 2 years I went through 2 mr coffees, first one just went to shit, the 2nd had the fancy caraffe thermos that you'd always not screw the lid on right when you were in a hurry and wind up having to clean grinds n shit off all over the counter, plus you had to unscrew said lid everytime you wanted to pure a cup, and it seemed to brew really slow.

So I ordered one of those freeby Genovia(s?) coffee makers, they'll send you the coffee maker plus some packages of their gourmet brew, u might pay s/h, don't recall, but it'll put any $40-$60 Mr. Coffee rig to shame. I've had one before, the only reason I quit using it was because I got the mr coffees as gifts
8th November 2006 02:11 AM
IanBillen
The only problem is that beans grounded too fine can make the coffee a little too smooth in texture and taste. Watch it.

Ian
8th November 2006 06:36 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Bean through a few machines over the years! Currently on a Senseo. Very efficient but I miss the freshly ground taste so have ordered some kind of plastic pads in which i can add my own grind to the Senseo. So! Back to my grinding machine. Its a Bodum. Amazing machine (just for grinding beans). Select type of grind. Select number of cups. One serious drawback is the bloody mess it makes. It takes on a static charge and the grinds fly everywhere when you take them out! Even the manufacturer has been unable to overcome 'fault'
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)