ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Seattle 81 DVD Return to archive
6th November 2006 02:42 PM
Rip This Joint Has anyone ever seen this boot? Just curious, because it's commin soon and I wanna know what I'm in for. The quality is supposed to be great (could be lying), so info on that would be good, but i'm really wonderin about the show. a good one?
6th November 2006 02:48 PM
Jumping Jack The version with the Seattle Supersonic audio overdub is good, the original is missing audio on beast and Star Star.
6th November 2006 02:48 PM
Erik_Snow Fantastic show, one of the best performances from 81, LSTNT from Seattle kills, really great quality, better go out and by some beers before you put it on.
Had it in crappy quality on VHS, 10 years ago, but I watched it a lot anyway, because it rocked so great.
DVD is 8,5 out of 10 in quality...maybe 9.
6th November 2006 03:05 PM
Rip This Joint Thanks for the info. Sounds awsome. It's called the Seattle Supersonic (the DVD) so i'm guessin its the supersonic audio. It says all this stuff about bein remastered... from the blah blah soundboard, so it should be good, no?
6th November 2006 03:16 PM
Jumping Jack It's good. Hampton and LSTNT are better, but it is good.
6th November 2006 03:20 PM
Erik_Snow I think LSTNT is a slaughtered movie, because of the edits, especially at the 2nd part of the movie. JJFlash, Let It Bleed...it's a joke. Seattle is far better than LSTNT...in my opinion.
6th November 2006 06:46 PM
Rip This Joint here's what it said .."remastered Empress Valley edition" something about the soundboard from the Empress Valley edition. From all you guys have said, im sure it will be great. I;ve got Hampton on the way too, how does that compare?
6th November 2006 06:54 PM
johnnybmoto Is this the one off of E-bay IF it is I got it to Im waiting for it to come
6th November 2006 08:29 PM
Rip This Joint yeah its that one
7th November 2006 08:52 AM
Jumping Jack Eric, I agree with the editing, but the video and audio quality are much higher than Seattle. Seattle is much more fluid and representative of a real show.
7th November 2006 09:25 AM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Eric, I agree with the editing, but the video and audio quality are much higher than Seattle. Seattle is much more fluid and representative of a real show.

Yes, of course.
7th November 2006 12:31 PM
Honky Tonk Man Seattle '81 is fantastic and in my opinion, is the one truely essential live DVD from that tour. Hampton from the same year is of course wonderful though.
7th November 2006 01:04 PM
Maxlugar First half of this show is incredible. Mick's really digging deep for that Jagger sound. But after Keith's set, he seems to be different. The voice is not the same. My guess is he got alls coked up and stuff.

I'll be getting this DVD. My copy has bad video.

7th November 2006 11:35 PM
mark I hope the audio is better than what I experienced at this show. I was up in the 300 level in the awful Kingdome and it was marginal at best, but the band really kicked ass. I've never seen the video of this show, but I do remember Keith really laying into the groove on the outro of Start Me Up and I caught Mick's face on the view screen. You could see he was yelling "fuck" because nobody was paying attention to him gesturing that he was done with the song. Once you lock in, it's hard to stop.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)