ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: fireworks Return to archive
5th November 2006 03:11 PM
paddy sick to death of them.it's like the blitz round here.it starts in October and goes on till about February.they should ok it for November 5th ONLY.ban it any other day.
5th November 2006 03:38 PM
jostorm I don't really mind them, but I think that far too many people waste far too much money on them far too often. The ones I feel sorry for are the animals and the kids that get freaked out...
By the way, there are RSPCA petitions around that you can sign that demand legislation to do just that....
5th November 2006 06:56 PM
paddy our cat (about 15) is terrified.if i had young children,ours are mid twenties,i would be doing my nut.............
5th November 2006 08:02 PM
mrhipfl fireworks are the shit, especially if you disregard the instructions/warnings.
6th November 2006 07:01 AM
paddy aren't you clever...............
6th November 2006 07:55 AM
F505 Fireworks are shit especially after a Rolling Stones concert.
6th November 2006 07:59 AM
egon i hate all those leaves that are laying around.
7th November 2006 06:29 AM
paddy fireworks night again last night...............
7th November 2006 07:57 AM
glencar Isn't it too cold for fireworks?
7th November 2006 01:55 PM
paddy it's firework night again here............
7th November 2006 01:56 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
paddy wrote:
it's firework night again here............

Are the Stones performing?
7th November 2006 01:59 PM
Dan
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
fireworks are the shit, especially if you disregard the instructions/warnings.

I love fireworks. They great with either concerts or copious amounts of alcohol. Where do you live Paddy? I would love to live in a place that had blasts going off every day for 4 straight months.
8th November 2006 07:13 PM
paddy fireworks night again tonight in Sutton.

(South London/Surrey)
England
8th November 2006 07:26 PM
Drewby
quote:
Dan wrote:

I love fireworks. They great with either concerts or copious amounts of alcohol. Where do you live Paddy? I would love to live in a place that had blasts going off every day for 4 straight months.

lol...haha.....When I saw this thread, i automatically thought of you!
I also love fireworks and put on great shows on the 4th. I should do it for a living.......not........but they are fun to set off, especially when you obtain them by illegal means
9th November 2006 05:02 AM
paddy twat
9th November 2006 01:22 PM
Hannalee From todays Times:

Rocket stunt backfires as soldier aims too low
By Michael Horsnell

The blue touchpaper was lit and everyone retired immediately, just as the firework code recommends.
That is, except for the squaddie who had recently returned home from a tour of duty in Iraq, and thought that Bonfire Night needed enlivening.

The soldier was on all fours with his trousers down and a certain part of his anatomy pointing at the stars with a Black Cat Thunderbolt rocket firmly in place.

The stunt, which mimicked a scene in the controversial film Jackass: The Movie, went off with a bang at the end of the display in Sunderland, but it backfired on the intrepid squaddie.

The man, aged 22, ended up in his local hospital, where he is being treated for a scorched colon and other injuries.

In something of an under-statement, safety experts said yesterday that launching a rocket from the backside was a practice that contravened the firework code.

Police and paramedics were called to the Monkwearmouth area of the city on Bonfire Night. A spokeswoman for the North East Ambulance Service said: “We received a call at 9.38pm and a crew was sent out. The report stated there was a male who had a firework in his bottom and it was bleeding. He was attended to and taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital.”

Daniel Kassim, 16, witnessed the incident. He said: “There were around 40 of us at a bonfire. After the fire had finished we were hanging around setting off fireworks. The lad was saying: ‘This is boring, what can we do?’ He decided to put a rocket up his backside and set it off. Everyone was just laughing and didn’t believe he would do it but he pulled his trousers down, placed the firework and someone lit it.

“It exploded within a few seconds and he fell to the ground. No one thought he was hurt, we all thought it was hilarious.

“He stood up and walked for a few metres before stumbling and falling to the ground. There was blood coming from his bum. An ambulance was called and when they arrived they thought it was hilarious as well. No one really took it seriously.”

The incident left the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) in disbelief. A spokesman said: “It’s so unfortunate that someone is now paying the price for the misuse of fireworks. Let’s not forget these are explosives. They come with specific instructions about how they should be used.

“It’s very sad that this person has had to learn about the dangers posed by fireworks in this way. There’s been widespread campaigning over the years about the dangers posed by these explosives.”

RoSPA said that more than a quarter of injuries caused by fireworks were caused by people fooling around in the street. Police are understood not to be carrying out any further inquiries.

John Woodhead, chairman of the Firework Association, said that he had never heard of an incident like it in 45 years.

Mr Woodhead added: “This sort of thing is beyond belief. We have spent a long time working with the Government to create laws that make fireworks safer and better for the public. This incident is very concerning but hopefully an isolated one.”

The injured man was captured on video performing his bizarre stunt while onlookers roared with laughter.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)