ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
With Willis and Depp!
© 2005 Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vague question...will get vague answer i guess! Return to archive
November 9th, 2005 10:24 AM
star star i have what sounds like a bootleg recording of star star, but have been left guessing as to where it was taped. the only info i can give u guys is that it sounds like there is only one guitar playing, the piano is really high in the mix and sounds very ian stewart ish and charlie's drums sound really loud, especially his bass drum... mick also says "do it keef" before the solo....yeah he possibly says that to him all the time during star star but i wondered if u guys could help me out and tell me where it might have been recorded?! thanx!
November 9th, 2005 10:41 AM
voodoopug
quote:
star star wrote:
i have what sounds like a bootleg recording of star star, but have been left guessing as to where it was taped. the only info i can give u guys is that it sounds like there is only one guitar playing, the piano is really high in the mix and sounds very ian stewart ish and charlie's drums sound really loud, especially his bass drum... mick also says "do it keef" before the solo....yeah he possibly says that to him all the time during star star but i wondered if u guys could help me out and tell me where it might have been recorded?! thanx!

I think i remember hearing that on a 78 boot...is that perhaps the Memphis or Jersey Show? My memory has escaped me on this one...anyone else have a guess?
November 9th, 2005 10:41 AM
Gazza If theres only audible guitar it could well be any show from about 1997 onwards...

seriously though..yeah its too vague. Plus you didnt say if it was a studio or live recording

I mean, this is ALL thats on the tape??
November 9th, 2005 02:36 PM
star star sorry, yeh its live, and i downloaded it on its own...so i havent got a clue at all. its sounds very late 70's ish though, keith seems "cleaned" up and sounding grittier but thats all i can say! thanks for help anyhoo
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)