ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
With Willis and Depp!
© 2005 Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Order Return to archive
November 9th, 2005 08:14 AM
Honky Tonk Man Just bought their new singles collection and it's brilliant.

Anyone else here like them?
November 9th, 2005 08:18 AM
lotsajizz not as much as their predecessors, Joy Division, but, yeah, they were very good
November 9th, 2005 08:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
not as much as their predecessors, Joy Division, but, yeah, they were very good

I'm still undecided about Joy Division. All what I've heard of theirs is too doom and gloom sounding for me. I know that was kind of the point, but still, I do like Love Will Tear Us Apart. Actually, New Order's early stuff is a kind of continuation of that sound. I only think they brightened up in the late 80's. For example, compare the '83 version of Blue Monday to the joyous Blue Monday '88 remix.
November 9th, 2005 09:19 AM
lotsajizz Joy Division is definitely an aquired taste--and you do need to be in an upbeat frame of mind enough to deal with the suicide preview that was Ian Curtis' songbook---but once you get past that, they had great songs, a cool sound, and they could really play, especially the drummer.
November 9th, 2005 12:28 PM
texile i love new order - one of the best things to come out of the 80s...they were an anecdote to the dreck the stones were putting out at that time.
joy division was definately an aquired taste...and i never aquired it....
but new order was brilliant and original.
November 9th, 2005 01:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man Never say never, but I can't see myself ending up as a Joy Division disciple, but then again, I never thought I'd be listening to New Order right now. Joy Division are one of those bands that seem to be name checked all the time by some of today’s supposedly hot bands and as a result, are been talked about again. I must admit, I don't think I'd even heard of Joy Division until a couple of years ago.

Does anyone here like The Cure? Robert Smith was a miserable bastard too, but at least some of their music was uplifting. Love Cats, Friday, Im In Love, etc.
November 9th, 2005 02:16 PM
texile
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Does anyone here like The Cure? Robert Smith was a miserable bastard too, but at least some of their music was uplifting. Love Cats, Friday, Im In Love, etc.

i like the boys don't cry period...
in between days - love this song.

joy division is one of those bands who made an impact on a generation of other bands...
ots like the stones and the blues - id rather listen to the knock off than the source.
November 9th, 2005 02:25 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
texile wrote:

i like the boys don't cry period...
in between days - love this song.

joy division is one of those bands who made an impact on a generation of other bands...
ots like the stones and the blues - id rather listen to the knock off than the source.

Boy's Don't Cry has a great video too. Quite spooky!

I agree with you're comment about rather listening to the knock off's than the source.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)