ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HK to investigate Rolling Stones concerts Return to archive
11-05-03 11:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl HONG KONG - The island yesterday pledged to investigate troubles behind a celebrity-studded concert series that will cost taxpayers millions of dollars.

Battered by Sars, it had hoped the Rolling Stones concerts would help restore its image. But it has become a public relations nightmare after revelations that HK$100 million (S$22.4 million) of public funds was handled by a holding company owned by the American Chamber of Commerce chairman.
Advertisement

The chamber, which set up the Harbor Fest concerts, denied any wrongdoing when the money to cover expenses was given to the company owned by chairman James Thompson and his wife.

Organisers said the company received no fees for handling the sum and the Thompsons did not profit.

Financial Secretary Henry Tang said a government-appointed team would look into it. -- AP, AFP
11-05-03 11:51 PM
glencar I hope this concert doesn't get canceled again.
11-06-03 07:35 AM
Some Guy Someone's getting the cane
11-06-03 08:26 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh for cryin' out loud...i'm speachless.
11-06-03 04:05 PM
caro Rolling Stones deny role in on-again, off-again HK gig saga
Thu Nov 6,12:24 PM ET

HONG KONG (AFP) - Wrinkly rockers the Rolling Stones denied any part in an on-again, off-again saga that had Hong Kong guessing whether or not Mick Jagger and co. would play in the territory, a band official said.

"We have never planned not to come to Hong Kong," Jake Berry, Rolling Stones production manager said as the band warmed up for two shows at a controversial music festival here.

The gigs had been thrown into doubt after the Hong Kong government-appointed promoters last month said the band had not signed their contract in time. A day later, however, the Stones' management denied the claim.

Doubts remained that the gigs would in fact happen right up until the Stones -- Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Woods -- arrived in the former British colony earlier this week.

Berry said the saga was not the Stones' fault, adding the confusion over the contract could be down to the time differences between Asia and Europe and the US, where the band members are based.

"We were working 24 hours, seven days a week to try to make it work," said Berry.

The Stones had already cancelled a series of shows in Hong Kong and China in the spring due to fears over the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS (news - web sites)) and the apparent scrapping of the rescheduled concerts added to fans' anger.

The weekend shows will bring to a close the government's month-long 130 million HK dollar (17 million dollar) Harbourfest music festival, created to raise the international profile of Hong Kong in the wake of the SARS crisis.

The festival has been plagued by controversy, with the specially built 13,000-seat venue half empty during many of the shows and criticism over the 5 million US dollars of public money said to have been spent to lure the Stones.

>"Berry said the saga was not the Stones' fault, adding the confusion over the contract could be down to the time differences between Asia and Europe and the US"

...a truly poetic explanation!

11-06-03 04:11 PM
Joey

Somebody is getting " Kobed " !!!!!!!

....................and it ain't the Stones !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJerky !
11-06-03 04:20 PM
jb THey can't even sell out a 13k seat arena...sad.
11-06-03 04:23 PM
Mikey hahahah Gypsy. good one.
11-06-03 04:29 PM
Joey " it's staler than any material jb and josh have even thought about. "

Hey Princess , thems are my two Jewish Brothers that you are talking about .

Word !!!!

J.

11-06-03 04:31 PM
gypsy I accidentally deleted my previous post...I meant to edit it, because I put "josh and jb," when I meant "josh and joey." But, it doesn't really matter...they're meshing into one person anyways.
11-06-03 04:34 PM
Joey " But, it doesn't really matter...they're meshing into one person anyways. "

5K Baby ........................that's all can say !

FIVE K !!!!!!!

" Bite Me Ronnie "

[ Edited by skee ]