ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nasty Habits Alert! Return to archive
11-05-03 01:25 PM
Maxlugar Who's going to see Nasty Friday night at the WFMU record fair?

Get off yer butts and go see one of our most beloved members selling records and stuff.

Yeah, like you had better plans! Losers!

See ya there! I'm going at 4:00PM so I can scoff up all the rare Peaches and Herb outtakes (you know, the ones where Herb gets drunk and does 20 minute diatribes about Peaches mother being a "skanky Ho' bag")

MACKY!

11-05-03 01:51 PM
jb Hey Max...Sorry about the Yankees but we are thrilled down here. Did you hear about what they did to SDH?
11-05-03 02:04 PM
Cardinal Fang MAXY !!!!

Nice to see you Bro.

You know I live in California but if I was out there in NY/NJ, you know I would be there in a heartbeat. Hell, I would probably have my "day job" working for the man, Nasty Habits at his record store. I know that he's cool to starving musicians and I know that he knows that I know my shit, so he would probably hire me ? In fact, I should be working at his table at the record show with him RIGHT NOW. Fuck, that means I only have 2 days to get to work 3000 miles away. I better make a few phone calls...............

I hope you find that rare Peaches & Herb outtake "United". It was a prior version of when Peaches & Herb met "the first time" then Herb started fucking up, Peaches took him back a million times, Herb got some STD, gave it to Peaches,............wait..............uhm.........nevermind.

I hope you two have a good time !! I hope Nasty does some business too !!

Later, Jimmy
11-05-03 03:07 PM
Joey

Maxy ...........................................

You will not BELIEVE what happened to your beloved C10 Brother -- one " Steel Driving Hammer ' .

It was an absolutely shameful episode and a true Black Mark in " Rocks Off " Prestigious and Illuminating History .

" Spank Me HARD Ronnie "

Jacky !

P.S. My " Maxyfest " invitation must have gotten lost in the mail ................I know you have me address so please send another one soon .

Brother Joey , C10

11-05-03 09:04 PM
Maxlugar What happened to SDH?

11-05-03 11:28 PM
Nasty Habits Looks like it's just you and me, Mamsky!

Let's Hear it for the FMU-2!

Fang -- anytime you want to schlep wax, you let me know.

What I love about records is the big recircular motion!

As my friend Sleazy Hugh says -- Rub it!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
11-05-03 11:52 PM
glencar Sorry I can't make it that day. I gotta work fo' Da Man. This going on Saturday too?
11-06-03 09:15 AM
Nasty Habits Glencar --

Yes indeed -- Saturday AND Sunday, although I think the Lugar guest app is only happening Friday.

http://www.wfmu.org/recfair/

11-06-03 09:29 AM
Joey " What happened to SDH? "

An unspeakable Horror !!!!!!!!
11-06-03 11:35 AM
Maxlugar Seriously, tell me what happened to SDH.
11-06-03 11:37 AM
nankerphelge He got pissed off at various comments and said he was outta here.

Joey and jb mounted (he he -- there's a surprise) a "Steelie come home" campaign/thread.

Then all hell broke loose.

11-06-03 11:39 AM
Joey " Seriously, tell me what happened to SDH. "

The most horrific episode in the history of all that is " W eb Based "

It is enough to cause one to do a " Stonesian Split " .

Seriously Max , as a C-10'er , would be ticked off at what they did to your brother .............................

Invite him to the " Maxyfest " and he will tell you all about it . Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

11-06-03 11:44 AM
nankerphelge While we are on the subject of guest lists.
We should invite this guy if we do crash Mick's Mustique home:
----------------
A former Belgian ambulance driver put his first aid skills to good use by reviving one of his pond fish with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, a newspaper said.

Leo Van Aert was so happy about having saved the life of his cherished koi he wanted to name it after one of his grandchildren, the Gazet Van Antwerpen said.

Van Aert, 57, was hosting a party at his home near the Belgian port of Antwerp when his wife noticed the koi, a spotted Japanese carp floating on the surface of the garden pond.

Van Aert said the 60-cm (24-inch) long fish was "acting funny", swimming and jumping frantically before stopping dead in the water.

He figured the koi had had a heart attack and took it out of the water to try to resuscitate it, giving it heart massages before joining lips with the fish.

"After 15 minutes, the fish started to move again so I put him in the pond...but when he fell over again I again applied mouth-to-mouth and heart massages," he said. "That's when the fish recovered".

11-06-03 11:58 AM
glencar Another Howard Carter-like find!
11-06-03 12:01 PM
glencar Nasty, I'll try to make it Saturday early afternoon.
11-06-03 12:26 PM
Joey

Sniff .................................................

" McCain: Force levels in Iraq inadequate "

" Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record) sharply criticized the Bush administration's conduct of the Iraq (news - web sites) war Wednesday, saying the United States should send at least 15,000 more troops or risk "the most serious American defeat on the global stage since Vietnam."

"Victory can be our only exit strategy," said McCain, one of the strongest supporters of the war.

McCain, an Arizona Republican, is known for his independent streak. A Vietnam War veteran, he spent 5 1/2 years as a prisoner of war in Hanoi and is a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee (news - web sites). He was defeated by Bush in a tough battle for the GOP presidential nomination in 2000 and has in the past criticized the president on a number of issues.

McCain said Bush must be more involved in Iraq decision-making and not be influenced by the upcoming presidential campaign.

"As Lincoln and Truman demonstrated, American presidents cannot always leave decisions on matters of supreme national interest to their subordinates," McCain told the Council on Foreign Relations, a think tank.

McCain also challenged Defense Secretary Donald Rumfeld's assertion that the 132,000 American troops in Iraq can defeat the insurgency in the country. "The simple truth is that we do not have sufficient forces in Iraq to meet our military objectives."

McCain's speech reflects growing concern among Republican supporters of the war that the administration is seeking to keep troop levels down to help President Bush (news - web sites)'s re-election campaign.

But Pentagon (news - web sites) spokesman Larry DiRita said U.S. commanders "still believe that they have the right troop levels."

Asked whether Bush would send more troops if generals requested them, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said, "The stakes are high, and the president is committed to doing what it takes to achieve a free, peaceful and prosperous Iraq."

The Pentagon Thursday planned to order thousands of active duty and National Guard and Reserve troops to prepare for service in Iraq next year. The troops will be part of a replacement influx that will include a return of the Marines who left in September, officials said Wednesday. But Marine Corps Gen. Peter Pace, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the House Armed Services Committee on Wednesday that the Pentagon hopes to decrease U.S. forces in Iraq to just over 100,000 by May.

McCain called it "irresponsible" to suggest "it is up to Iraqis to win this war" and criticized Rumsfeld for trying to accelerate a turnover of the burden to Iraqi security forces. He warned that proposing a reduction in U.S. forces now "will cripple our ability" to stabilize Iraq by sending a signal "that the United States is more interested in leaving than...winning."

"It will require a commitment to do what is necessary militarily, to deploy as many American forces for as long as it takes, to ignore the political calendar and to trust Iraqis with a greater degree of authority to manage their own affairs," McCain said.

McCain and Bush have had a testy relationship since the 2000 presidential campaign.

Although McCain has risen to Bush's defense, supporting him on the war, for example, he has also challenged the president. He recently criticized the administration for withholding documents from the committee investigating the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

McCain also said in his remarks:

Iraq differs from Vietnam because opposition to the United States is confined to the so-called Sunni Triangle and isn't widespread, as it was Vietnam. But U.S. forces could still lose if "we lose popular support" at home. "

Developing ........................

Shiver ............................

Jacky Cong !