ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Retail rock Return to archive
11-05-03 12:38 PM
Gerry Smith
Ever the dutiful Daddy, I bought Lucy, my 22 year old daughter, the Forty Licks set. I think it's important that young people are familiar with their cultural heritage.

Starting a new job as manager of a London West End shop (aka store), she commandeered the in-house sound system. The customers loved the Stones. Gray granny tourists to skinny indie popster shoplifters, they all loved bopping to the beat, and many commented on the lovely atmosphere in the shop. Sales soared.

That is, they all loved it except for one miserable old git. You know the type - silver moustache, tweed jacket... : "damned awful noise, ruining my day.."

Being a well-brought up girl, with impeccable manners, Lucy replied: "Most people love it. If you don't like it - f*ck off!!"

Gerry Smith

ps does anyone know of any suitable retail vacancies in central London?

11-05-03 01:11 PM
jb Very nice story Gerry....I knew their were atleast a few brits out there who still liked the Stones.
[Edited by jb]
11-05-03 09:56 PM
mickchickxxx It is good to give the Stones to people in the younger generations. I gave 40 Licks to one of my best friends, Tanya, after she told me she didn't know her the Stones were. I couldn't believe she did not know. Now she digs them!