ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Allright....STOP!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-03-03 06:37 PM
SHINE A LIGHT right now,as you asked, i have classical music playing...vivaldi,chopin,bach,and charlie watts project with jim keltner....go figure??????
11-03-03 06:56 PM
stonedinaustralia bob marley and the wailers - bargain bin cd of very early stuff - incl. "there she goes", "duppy conqueror" and "stop the train"

mojo's reggae sampler from last year

"i've got my own album to do"
11-03-03 06:57 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
New Barbarian wrote:
Rolling Stones - Dirty Work
Turbonegro - Scandinavian Leather
The Clash - Combat Rock
The Who - Quadrophenia
Rolling Stones - Love You Live

Good calls, 'cept for Combat Rock, because it has "Rock The Casbah" on it.

Oh, wait, and Dirty Work! Gross!

Currently, my MP3 Player on my computer is churning up random tunes, and the last five songs I listened to were:

Bob Dylan - "Blind Willie McTell"
The Who - "I'm One"
The Rolling Stones - "Happy"
The Who - "Summertime Blues" (LIVE Leeds University 1970)
Jimi Hendrix - "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"

-tSYX --- I chop it down with the edge of my hand...
11-03-03 08:48 PM
Child of the Moon Voodoo Residue, disc 1. The riff to "Randy Whore" has been repeating in my brain for the past 36 hours or so. Is it illegal to steal a riff from an unreleased track? I might have to do so with this one.

Metamorphosis. For the second half, really. I voted in Keno's latest poll, "Which song on Metamorphosis is the best?" I chose "I'm Going Down," but I'm starting to wonder if that was the right choice, because "Jiving Sister Fannie" and "I Don't Know Why" are both also very high up on my list.

The Notorious Byrd Bothers, the Byrds. I saw Roger McGuinn play a solo show here at my school on Saturday, and it put me in a Byrdsy mood. It was a great show, BTW.

Greendale, Neil Young. Because it rarely leaves my CD player any more.

John Wesley Harding, Bob Dylan. Been on a huge Dylan kick lately. This one, Before the Flood, Blood On the Tracks, and Time Out Of Mind have all been rotating in and out of the CD player.
11-03-03 09:27 PM
Boomy STP =====================> No.4

YES!!!

"Troubled times, when the mind begins to wander, to the spoon.."

Scott, please, get it together....
[Edited by Boomy]
11-03-03 10:05 PM
glencar All those RO trees!
11-04-03 02:56 AM
UGot2Rollme Paris BtB Soundboard - Keith and Charlie real loud in the mix!
11-04-03 09:14 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
CLAPTON - 461 OCEAN BOULEVARD

one of clapton`s best, imo, and JUST ONE NIGHT
11-04-03 09:36 AM
Joey " Greendale, Neil Young. Because it rarely leaves my CD player any more. "

Martha is burning me a copy of this one ................she says it is pretty good and I ALWAYS trust her impeccable judgment .

Can't wait to receive it !!!!!!!!

" Hit me HARD Ronnie "

Jacky !
11-04-03 11:56 AM
Child of the Moon As you should, Joey-skee.

By the way, what's the best Steely Dan album to buy for the starting fan? I just gotsta know!
11-04-03 11:59 AM
glencar I have Aja. I wouldn't recommend it.
11-04-03 12:12 PM
New Barbarian
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Good calls, 'cept for Combat Rock, because it has "Rock The Casbah" on it.

Oh, wait, and Dirty Work! Gross!

Combat Rock certainly isn't Clash at their best but it has some great ones like Ghetto Defendant and Straight to Hell. I've just happened to listen to it a lot because I bought a cheap cassette version of it and I have only a cassette player in car...

Same goes to Dirty Work, while it's one of Stones' worst albums, I listen it almost as much as Exile and other greats. Btw, today I listened the entire Emotional Rescue (yes, including Indian Girl and the mesmerising title track too!).

Other much listened lately are:
Peter Tosh - Bush Doctor (Just bought it because of MJ and KR. Some great stuff there, especially the title track with Keef)
Scott Weiland - 12 Bar Blues (Not quite like STP but some interesting and eclectic songs)
Dave Edmunds - Early Edmunds (I played this cassette for the first time in almost five years and then been listening this alot in the past few months. Great Chuck Berry covers and some hippy blues)
11-04-03 12:13 PM
glencar Kinks' Greatest Hits...
11-04-03 01:15 PM
New Barbarian
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Paris BtB Soundboard - Keith and Charlie real loud in the mix!

That's very good soundboard, one of the best ones from BtB what I've heard. Rio and San Diego are amazing as well!

Today I've listened, wait for it........ The Beatles 1967-70
Right now listening: Streetcore by Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros. Sounding good so far...
11-04-03 01:28 PM
glencar Let's Work is on the VH1 Classic Request Hour. If you're missing it, rest easy. They'll repeat it in 8 hours which is 9:30EST.
11-04-03 02:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Blacktop-"I Got A Baaaaaaaaaaad Feeling About This: The Complete Recordings"

Baby Woodrose-"Blows Your Mind"

Paul Westerberg-"Come Feel Me Tremble"

The Atomic Bitchwax-"Atomic Bitchwax II"

Fu Manchu-"The Action Is Go"

Queens Of the Stone Age-"Songs For The Deaf"

White Stripes-White Stripes
11-04-03 03:14 PM
T&A Van Morrison - What's Wrong with This Picture (new one)
Dead - Irvine 9/18/03
New Barbarians - MSG '79 soundboard (hot show!)
Simon & Garfunkel - (Wed. Morning - can't wait for Oakland show on Thur!)
Dylan/Band - Oakland '74 soundboard
11-05-03 10:36 AM
New Barbarian
quote:
T&A wrote:
Van Morrison - What's Wrong with This Picture (new one)
Dead - Irvine 9/18/03
New Barbarians - MSG '79 soundboard (hot show!)
Simon & Garfunkel - (Wed. Morning - can't wait for Oakland show on Thur!)
Dylan/Band - Oakland '74 soundboard

Never heard about the Barbarians' MSG soundboard... Can you tell when that was released and how's the sound quality?
11-05-03 11:04 AM
T&A The Barbs MSG board came out earlier this year on the second 4cd set of Barbs recordings on the Empress Valley Supreme Disc label (mostly a Zep boot label). Last year they put out the widely available Largo show plus rehearsal material and some tunes from the San Diego gig.

On this release - titled Barb Wired Tour Vol 2. - the put out more of the Lake Geneva rehearsals, the Knebworth (8-11-79) in okay board quality and then this MSG show - it excellent board quality. Only drawback is that it's not complete - fades out on Breathe on Me and fades in on Worried Life Blues. Also, not sure whether they were played or not - but neither Let's Go Steady nor Apartment #9 are on the recording. Other than that, it's a great recording - right up there with Largo (maybe a little less separation of instruments - but Keith and Ronnie are crunching and grinding throughout - like they should be!)
11-05-03 11:33 AM
New Barbarian Thank you for making it clear. Sounds like a must have boot!
Page: 1 2