ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kansas City 81 w/ Mick Taylor Return to archive
11-02-03 10:01 AM
Fiji Joe Anyone have the artwork for this show?...it's a soundboard entitled "Crossfire Hurricane"
11-02-03 01:22 PM
Gazza its actually not a soundboard..just a bloody good audience recording!!
11-02-03 01:27 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, it's great! But Taylor doesn't play the whole show, just from track 10 on or something right?

Nice show, played it recently again.
11-03-03 12:58 AM
Fiji Joe Well do we have the artwork?
11-03-03 05:17 AM
Mathijs The Crossfire Hurricane 14/12/81 title actually IS a soundboard recording (the Mick Taylor show), Crossfire Hurricane 14/12/81 is a very good audience recording.

Mathijs
11-03-03 06:22 AM
dealer squealing Yes it�s a soundboard, i have it on disc, no doubt, but Taylor is difficult to hear.
11-03-03 06:54 PM
Gazza >The Crossfire Hurricane 14/12/81 title actually IS a soundboard recording (the Mick Taylor show), Crossfire Hurricane 14/12/81 is a very good audience recording.

Eh? can you clarify that? you mean theres a bootleg called
"The Crossfire hurricane 14/12/81" and another without the word 'the' just called "Crossfire hurricane 14/12/81" ??

I got a very low generation tape of that show when it first circulated in the mid 80's (I dont collect bootleg LPs or CD's so actual titles mean little to me..I've tended to concentrate on original source recordings where possible) and it was billed as an excellent stereo audience recording from the source of the recording. It didnt appear as a bootleg until some time later. Is there an alternate recording of this show which is actually a soundboard then?

(Its a bit like the Auckland 73 bootleg. Ive seen that listed and bootlegged as a soundboard, when it was actually simply a very good, but bass-heavy audience recording taped right beside the speakers. I know,because it was me who first circulated the original recording..lol)
11-03-03 07:22 PM
fmk438j The 14th and 15th of December shows came out not long ago as "Mick Taylor we love you and We'll Always Do". I'm 99% sure this had the MT show in SBD, and the other in ex. audience.

I believe it was this release where the SBD first came out. Anyway, that's all what has/was said, and I think it is true.

Whetehr this Hurricane one is this or that, I have no idea, just that theer was a bonifide SBD of the MT show about.
11-03-03 07:26 PM
KeithRichards210 I have the KC '81 w/Taylor titled "Mick Taylor We Love You", and it's an excellent soundboard. Well worth seeking out. The aud. tape is good, but the SB blows it away!
11-04-03 03:39 AM
Mathijs Crossfire Hurricane comprises two titles, both in nice digipacks, and are copies of the expensive Mick Taylor we Love You titles. The 14th is in very good video soundboard, the 15th in excellent audience.

Mathijs
11-04-03 10:54 AM
T&A The 4cd set is both KC shows - both in soundboard. Contrary to popular opinion, MT is present (first show only) on more than just a handful of tunes...he comes on during Neighbours and is present for the remainder of the show. What's sad is that more times than not his guitar is very low in the mix and the Stones give him almost no space for soloing...YCAGWYW is the closest we get to an actual solo...
11-04-03 11:46 AM
glencar I had to work last night & couldn't make it into NYC to go with some friends to see Les paul. It's a regular gig he does at a place called Irridium on Monday nights. My posse called at 1AM last night & told me that they met Mick T & he was in a good mood. He took photos with people & actually smiled.
11-04-03 11:46 AM
Cardinal Fang One more for the record...............

As mentioned by Tod, BOTH 1981 KC shows from the 14th & 15th came out last year as soundboards (in mono mixes)

There are actually conflicting reports as to which day Mick Taylor played. Some sources say the 14th, some say the 15th. I would actually like to hear from any fellow Rocks Off Member's who WERE there and could verify the date.
I DON'T want to hear, "Karnbach say's this, Nico say's that" (I already know this type of stuff and that's NOT what I'm asking) I'm asking, WERE YOU THERE ? What date was it and what are some of your memories from seeing The Stones with Mick T & Ronnie playing at the same time ?

Thanks.

Later, Cardinal Fang
11-04-03 12:00 PM
jb My friend Javier told me MT blew Ronnie away...
11-04-03 12:03 PM
Joey

My Friend Jorge told me Mick Taylor kicked Ronnie's Ass all the way to Fiji's place .

11-04-03 12:10 PM
glencar Jorge

Javier

Miguel

Ana

Santos

Mirabel
11-04-03 01:18 PM
jpenn11 OK, I wasn't there either, but on MT We Love You and Always Will Do MT is introduced on the 14th (twice), but not on the 15th. Also, the 15th sounds, to my untrained ears, like an audience. On another website someone posted a ticket of MT playing with Alvin Lee or Albert Lee somewhere else in the midwest on the 15th (I think in Illinois).

As for the CD, you can make out MT on YCAGWYW and on TD. There are smatterings of his work elsewhere. Some have said that MT was not plugged into the soundboard, but played incredibly loud. (Has anyone been able to compare the soundboard to the audience for MT audibility?)

More amusingly, I think Ronnie uses some Taylor-types licks and sounds on WTWCD and a few other tunes before MT shows up.
11-04-03 01:48 PM
marko I wanna know it also,but i do know this,the OLDER version
which was just the audience one,was actually from BOTH
shows,,,,you can get it,just by listening these 2 shows.
And compare it to the old one.Ok, shows,but not the best
from 81.
11-04-03 04:28 PM
Gazza >Crossfire Hurricane comprises two titles, both in nice digipacks, and are copies of the expensive Mick Taylor we Love You titles. The 14th is in very good video soundboard, the 15th in excellent audience.
Mathijs

thanks for clarifying, its just that your original post mentined two slightly different titles and said they were BOTH from 14/12/81

A video soundboard, eh? I've never seen that listed as being in circulation as a video
11-04-03 04:33 PM
Gazza >OK, I wasn't there either, but on MT We Love You and Always Will Do MT is introduced on the 14th (twice), but not on the 15th. Also, the 15th sounds, to my untrained ears, like an audience. On another website someone posted a ticket of MT playing with Alvin Lee or Albert Lee somewhere else in the midwest on the 15th (I think in Illinois).

Correct. taylor played in Granite City, illinois on the 15th
11-05-03 08:15 AM
Mathijs Every 1981 concert was taped for either personal use, or for use on the side stage screens. The bunch of soundboards from last year -Hartford, New Jersey, Seattle and now Kansas- are all from these pro-shot vid's. We just have to wait until the images show up.

Mathijs
11-05-03 08:40 AM
Fiji Joe But do we have the artwork?
11-05-03 09:25 AM
caro Stop hijacking your threads, Fiji !
11-05-03 05:03 PM
Fiji Joe Really...Who am I to get back to my own topic?
11-05-03 05:03 PM
Gazza >Every 1981 concert was taped for either personal use, or for use on the side stage screens. The bunch of soundboards from last year -Hartford, New Jersey, Seattle and now Kansas- are all from these pro-shot vid's. We just have to wait until the images show up.

Thanks for the info. Seattle's already in widespread circulation though!