ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If JJF would have been in Beggars' Banquet...... Return to archive
11-01-03 07:57 PM
Flashpoint Would be BB the best studio album?

I mean...JJF, Sympathy and Street Fighting Man all in one, no one could beat it, although we all have our special album..
11-01-03 10:14 PM
J.J.Flash Como estas Chileno?
Saludos!
11-02-03 12:21 AM
c.k. NOTHING could beat Exile. Not even BB with Jumping Jack Flash.
11-02-03 02:01 AM
Egbert Or how about putting it on Satanic Majesties Request instead? That album would would have ranked up there with the best had they replaced In Another Land, See What Happens, Gomper, and On With The Show with JJF, Dandelion, We Love You, and Child Of The Moon.
11-02-03 05:23 AM
J.J.Flash But I don't know why people don't like In Another Land. I always loved that song, that acid thing......
11-02-03 05:47 AM
beer if beggars had JJ Flash and the B side, Child of the Moon, it would quite possibly be the greatest album ever made.

but, it stands among the best as it is.

no album will ever match Exile On Main Street. it's just not possible. Exile is a once in a lifetime thing. the direct result of environment, lifestyle,inspiration, and a true passion for rocknroll. it's the fuckin r-n-r bible, from rocks off to soul survivor, and everything in between. i never skip a track on exile.
11-02-03 02:27 PM
Shockspeeder Agreed as soon as I got the SACDs I made BB with JJF and Child of da Moon. It does rocks harder than Exile and Exile on Main St is bloody out of this world!
11-02-03 04:38 PM
Child of the Moon The question is, what order do you put the album in, now that two songs have been added?

Here's my take on it:
Side A:
Sympathy for the Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
No Expectations
Dear Doctor
Parachute Woman
Jigsaw Puzzle

Side B:
Street Fighting Man
Prodigal Son
Stray Cat Blues
Child of the Moon
Factory Girl
Salt of the Earth

I wouldn't try to mess with the running order of the whole thing. Instead, I thought about where these new tracks would flow the best. I think moving from two explosive rock songs (SFTD, JJF) into a softer thing to bring it all back down to earth (No Expectations) is a good move - certainly a rule for the best "mix tapes." In a similar move, I put COTM after Stray Cat because I think it matches up to that rule, and it also seems like Child of the Moon would be a nice lead-in to Factory Girl. You can hear it in your head, y'know?
11-03-03 11:28 PM
gypsymofo60 You could say the same for Let It Bleed with HTW, NO? But I do take your point. Try Sister Morph's Sympathy For The Devil disc.
11-04-03 12:56 PM
Shockspeeder Whats that? Yep you guessed it I went and put all the B-sides and singles on each disc at the end so I don't have to play the holy original. (well my holy original not the original original) Sorry I just didn't want to get yelled at by some dope who thought I have some magic Stones CD. Thanks
11-04-03 03:55 PM
T&A BB doesn't need JJF - it already is the Stones' best album. The best album ever is Dylan's Highway 61....
11-05-03 03:04 PM
Shockspeeder Okay I will admit it, I do have a magic original Stones CD that nobody else has and I play it every single day. email me private for the track list and a copyrighted picture.