ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The best movie Director? Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-31-03 07:18 AM
Factory Girl Is Jackie Brown by Q.Tarantino any good?

Also, I need feedback on Citizen Kane. TIA!
10-31-03 07:38 AM
LadyJane IMO..Jackie Brown was GREAT!!

I don't know if I've ever seen Citizen Kane in it's entirety.

LadyJ.

10-31-03 08:39 AM
egon Steven Spielberg

watching ET at age 12....

that film blew my mind.

Altough that guy that did the toxic avenger,
he's not bad either.
10-31-03 09:34 AM
David I can't believe you people haven't mentioned the Coen Brothers! Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, and O Brother Where Art Thou. You can't get better than that.

and Scorsese
10-31-03 12:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels John Ford.

Provided you like old westerns. I never paid much attention to directors. It's like most other art forms, so much hype. I like Speilberg sometimes.
10-31-03 06:06 PM
Gazza >Is Jackie Brown by Q.Tarantino any good?

yes,its excellent. its a bit different to the other 3 QT films in that he didnt write the original screenplay (its adapted from Elmore leonard's novel "Rum Punch") but its stil worth watching. Might need to watch it a couple of times before you get the plot twists in it. Pam Grier is great in it

>Also, I need feedback on Citizen Kane. TIA!

the hype is not over-exaggerated. One of the greatest films ever made , by one of the greatest actors and directors in history.

Welles definitely belongs in this list as one of the greats!
10-31-03 07:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Seymour Butts
and of course.....

The Hedgehog, Ron Jeremy.

I also like Terry Gilliam and Tim Burton.
10-31-03 07:36 PM
gypsy Then I want to boycott Terry Gilliam and Tim Burton.
10-31-03 08:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot I notice that you didn't mention a boycott of Seymour Butts and Ron Jeremy.

Heh heh heh.

Time Bandits is the best midget movie ever made.
10-31-03 09:12 PM
gypsy Well, I figured I'd get a lot of protest if I would have called for everyone to boycott Butts and Jeremy.
11-01-03 01:28 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
ssa wrote:
Time Bandits is the best midget movie ever made.

agreed - but "Bad Santa" gives it a run for its money...

The Criterion "Brazil" is a must-own DVD set, as are their transfers of Kurosawa's work, and the Beastie Boys collection (the most innovative music DVD I have ever seen), and I just can't say enough about "Gimme Shelter"

11-02-03 07:32 PM
stonedinaustralia fpm - point taken re roeg

caro - wasn't coppola's file "hearts of darkness"?? - i enjoyed it but it wasn't really a takek on "Heart of Darkness",of course, it's well acknowledged that Coppola used HOD as a loose framework for Apocolypse Now...

and i too thought Jackie Brown was excellent
11-02-03 09:53 PM
mickchickxxx Roger Vadim
11-03-03 12:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot All of the Directors currently under contract to Artpig Intl.
11-03-03 07:22 AM
corgi37 Coppola - maybe. Hitchcock - mmm, close. Dark Brothers - too weird with all the evil clowns and stuff. Speilberg - Jaws, ET, Poltergeist (by the way, is that on dvd yet as a special edition?) Schindlers list - too obvious. Roger Corman - class all the way.
But no.. George A. Romero is the man. Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead are just wickedly brilliant stuff. Particularly Dawn, which has just been remade starring Ving Rhames. Knightriders, Creepshow, Monkey Shines - its all good man, but nothing beats those zombies.
11-04-03 03:13 PM
glencar Billy Bob Thornton.
11-04-03 04:09 PM
Monkey Woman And Takeshi Kitano.
11-04-03 05:02 PM
keith_tif clint eastwood, david fincher, fran�ois truffaut
11-04-03 05:10 PM
Joey " Roger Vadim "

Wasn't he married to Barbarella ?!?!?!?!?!

11-04-03 05:49 PM
glencar Briefly. They had a daughter too.
11-05-03 01:58 PM
A True Stones Fan Scorcese. Goodfella's! Great soundtrack after all!
11-05-03 02:57 PM
catwoman I like Spike Lee - he's got New York attitude. Loved the movie 25th hours or 25 Hours whatever it's called.
11-06-03 12:13 AM
glencar Spike Lee is a whiner. His movies bore me.
11-06-03 05:41 AM
Promo Scorsese-Tarantino-Kubrick

Wes Anderson is a good new director. He always has Stones tunes in his films (Royal Tennenbaums-Rushmore)
11-06-03 10:53 AM
glencar Yeah, Rushmore was good. Royal Tenenbaums was so dull.
11-06-03 05:21 PM
stonedinaustralia re cammell - did you hear that in a bizarre instance of life imitating art cammell died with a bullett through his head - see final scenes of "performance" - from mememory it was suicide
Page: 1 2