ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam - October 1973
Thanks Irina! and Sergey!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SDH Phone Home Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
10-31-03 10:38 AM
Fiji Joe Nasty..who wrote that for you?
10-31-03 10:45 AM
jb If you don't post b/c there is nothing that interests you or the posts are "hijacked" thats your problem. There are plenty of posts here which I never respond to b/c I find them terminally boring...like "music trees", guitar tabs, etc ....Fucking boring to me, but fascinating to others....Start your own topic and see what responses you get.. Some of you are such "elitists" or snobs that you think your too good or above the nonsense that some of us post, then fuck off... This board would be fucking dull with out a lot of the non-stones bullshit ...I can't stand people who take themselves so seriously or think they are above it all...it's a fucking internet message board...I would venture to say that the issues I deal with on a daily basis are much more involved than what some of you have to do for a living...if I can let off some steam and have some fun with fellow Stone's fans' here, there is no harm. You don't like the post, skip it or ignore it. The reality is must people enjoy the bullshit except those with the "holier than thou " attitude....go get a fucking life...
[Edited by jb]
10-31-03 10:48 AM
Joey

" The whole SDH thing, I'm filing it in the "The French and Jerry Lewis" category. "

" He will either come back or he won't but to keep going on and on about it ? These posts are starting to lose that certain "Mintyness" Joey. Are you going on and on and on and on about it because you feel guilty for admitting how much you loved SDI by chance ? Whether he admits it to you or not I still say that he was more hurt by that than what else was said. "

[ Edited ]

10-31-03 10:50 AM
sirmoonie The first time I ever did shrooms was at a Halloween party, freshman year. I got in a fight with a guy dressed up as Charles Manson. Forcibly removed by campus security from the premises, but I snuck back in later. Charlie never made it back, he knew better than to get his Manson ass kicked by Jimi Hendrix twice in one night!

Damn, those were the days when you could get whacked with impunity. Imp U' Nity.

Not anymores. Nows I belongs to The Man.
10-31-03 10:54 AM
Joey " I have to agree with something that Dead Flowers said too. This whole "tired of defending myself" statement ? SDH doesn't need to "defend" himself, he needs to stop pretending that he doesn't have a problem with disrespecting other people with his behavior sometimes. "

" Why ? IMO, it's because he continues to achieve the goal of getting your attention and does so by not even having to post. If he comes back, "the love" posts stop. Please DON'T get me wrong, I think it's really nice of all of you to post that you enjoy his company and want him to come back etc. but to have the same person keep going on and on and on about it ??? "

" The LAST thing I'm going to say about this is if anybody should be getting an apology it should be Gerardo & Gazza. (We both know that ain't going to happen, Keno never got his either.) I guess it's just easier to pretend that you don't have a problem and then just run away and say, "I'm tired of defending myself" "

[ Supremely Edited by Jacky ! ]
10-31-03 10:54 AM
Fiji Joe Well in a strange, perverse sort of way, I have to agree with JB...I have viewed this board as a Stones community...with varied interests and personalities...I hope to God it doesn't digress into an all Stones all the time kinda thing...That being said, I could do without the emoticons...they make my bowels move

I propose a solution...In the future, if you are one of those who takes himself too seriously...an elitist...or simply have a nine inch cob up your ass to the point that you cannot enjoy a little humor...Mark your post with parentheticals that read, for example, ("JB Free Post"); ("Joey Free Post") or my favorite ("Fiji Free Post") or whoever else you wanna kick in the nads

Otherwise, stop crying already, damn!
10-31-03 10:57 AM
Joey " hope to God it doesn't digress into an all Stones all the time kinda thing... "

Fiji ..........................................

Are we going to THIS gig when they hit our territory ?!?!?!?!?! :

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~78~1734017,00.html#

I think Joshy is seeing them in December ( It's a Jewish thingy -- We all stick together ) .

Developing ..........................

[ Edited by J. Fly ]
10-31-03 11:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
If you don't post b/c there is nothing that interests you or the posts are "hijacked" thats your problem. There are plenty of posts here which I never respond to b/c I find them terminally boring...like "music trees", guitar tabs, etc ....Fucking boring to me, but fascinating to others....Start your own topic and see what responses you get.. Some of you are such "elitists" or snobs that you think your too good or above the nonsense that some of us post, then fuck off... This board would be fucking dull with out a lot of the non-stones bullshit ...I can't stand people who take themselves so seriously or think they are above it all...it's a fucking internet message board...I would venture to say that the issues I deal with on a daily basis are much more involved than what some of you have to do for a living...if I can let off some steam and have some fun with fellow Stone's fans' here, there is no harm. You don't like the post, skip it or ignore it. The reality is must people enjoy the bullshit except those with the "holier than thou " attitude....go get a fucking life...
[Edited by jb]

Wow, what I post. That makes up for all the posts that should have been disqualified from your total. LOL.
Back to the old "quality" vs "quanity" debate. This post reminds of the guy that goes to the fair and slams the big hammer down and knocks the bell on the top. Right out of the ballpark JB.

TTM aka Mother baby aka Steve M.

10-31-03 11:00 AM
Fiji Joe Well, I ain't Jewish and I don't like shitty music...so I'm gonna have to say that I won't be there
10-31-03 11:02 AM
sirmoonie I think Ten Thousand Motels a.k.a Smed Baby did a lot of shrooms in his day.
10-31-03 11:05 AM
Joey " Well, I ain't Jewish and I don't like shitty music...so I'm gonna have to say that I won't be there "

10-31-03 11:15 AM
jb Joey, I told the post how much we loved them.
10-31-03 11:15 AM
Nasty Habits Fiji:

SAY WHAT?!?!

Hell, boys, I thought that was the point of my damn post.

SIA asked me why I hadn't been posting and I tole him.

I haven't posted because I haven't found much around to post about.

The end.

I come over. I read some of the threads. Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes I get annoyed, because reading the board at the moment is like being tuned into a radio station with static in it -- I can't pick up what's going down because there's too much bullshit covering up the notes.

But I don't add nothin' to it, I don't really relate, and I DO have a life, which in fact limits my time posting/ observing on Rocks Off, as opposed to Mr. 6300, so I don't post unless something interests me.

By the way, JB, that post about elitists was the most coherent and interesting thing I think I've ever read by you, and shows something of why you must be worth all the money you make. Too bad you surgically edit half your stuff and don't take the time to express coherent thought more often. And as a lawyer who I presume gathers evidence I would ask you to point out one other thread in which I bitch about this particuar issue. Most of the time I have just kept my fingers off the keyboard and have gone onto something else. So don't accuse me of elitism unless you have some proof to back that shit up.

Anyone who has a problem with my thoughts and opinions are directed towards the extended fingers in the header pics, and I wish you all a very good day.
10-31-03 11:21 AM
sirmoonie I like the Kings and the Mavs this year. Quality teams and some honk factor, which I am not ashamed to admit I do root for.

Love to see Shaq and Kobe destroy their own team fighting each other like piss rats. Jackson can't Zen those two Hollywood bigmouths.

McGrady is the best player in the league, not Kobe or "A.I." Especially not Shaq. McGrady, man that guy is so smooooth its just incredible to watch. I'll betcha that dude tokes too. You just know he does. Pfffffffffff...whew.....whew......zup niggies.....watch dis shit.....[feigns a triple backed mondo-jack slam, then finger rolls with some chiba-face smile].

LeBron looks like he knows da hoes from his nose. Should be fun watching him. As long as they don't start calling him "the Man-Child."
10-31-03 11:25 AM
jb The post was not directed at you. It was a general statement as the issue of "hijacking" a post came up several weeks ago. I understand the need for there to be stones related topics and serious discussion. That's what this board is primarily about. However, it really annoys me that SDH felt he had to leave because of the pressure he felt from several people. I don't like losing anyone who is part of this extended "stones family".
10-31-03 11:29 AM
Nasty Habits Well, I retract my middle finger, then.
10-31-03 11:30 AM
Joey " Joey, I told the post how much we loved them. "

Joshy , you are much loved by the Joey .

Please tell me you will be seeing our Jewish Brothers on December 17th at American Airlines Arena .

Please ............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by Jacky ]

10-31-03 11:30 AM
jb
10-31-03 11:32 AM
Joey

10-31-03 11:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels DISCLAIMER

I didn't realize that changing handles could be such a slow and tedious process. I discovered that the handle should have been 200 Motels not 10,000 Motels. I saw it in a little movie theater in 71 or 72. Same little divey theater I saw Performance. I didn't understand either movie...still don't...LOL.
10-31-03 11:47 AM
Joey " I saw it in a little movie theater in 71 or 72. Same little divey theater I saw Performance. I didn't understand either movie...still don't...LOL. "

WHY ?!?!

[ Edited every day by JACKY ! ]
10-31-03 11:55 AM
Joey

Josh ...........................I just told the Denver Post how much we loved them .

10-31-03 12:06 PM
jb Too funny Joey!!!
10-31-03 12:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
WHY ?!?!

I don't know why. I'm just slow I guess. I do know Keith Moon was in Two Hundred Motels. When I saw perfomance I didn't know who Anita Pallenberg was...just another dumb blonde....now of course I wish I had paid more attention.
10-31-03 12:56 PM
Joey " I do know Keith Moon was in Two Hundred Motels. When I saw perfomance I didn't know who Anita Pallenberg was...just another dumb blonde....now of course I wish I had paid more attention. "

You make Joey smile .

10-31-03 01:05 PM
mickchickxxx Josh.... Since u have trouble with cut and paste, I found a list of smileys u can make with your keyboard! I posted them here because I thought u would be checking this thread for sure. Hope u like them!
-----------------------------------------------------------
:-) - Humor
:-) (-: - Masking theatrical comments
:-T - Keeping a straight face (tight-lipped)
:-D - Said with a smile
:-> - Alternate happy face
:-) :-) :-) - Loud guffaw
:*) - Clowning around
:-? - Licking lips
%-} - Silly
:/) - Not funny
:-" - Pursing lips
:-r - Bleahhh (sticking tongue out)
:-f - Smirks
:-p - Smirks
:-1 - Smirks
:-, - Smirks
:-| - Disgusted
:-J - Tongue-in-cheek comments
:-! - Foot in mouth
:-$ - Put your money where your mouth is
:-D - Talks too much
:-I - Chewing on bone
%&$%& - You know what that means...
:-P - Shouting
:-y - Shouting
:-o - Shouting
:-( - Unhappy
:-c - Real unhappy
(:-& - Anger
(:^( - Broken nose
(:<) - Blabber mouth
?-( - Black eye
%-) - Broken glasses
:-b - Tongue stuck out
:-p - Left-handed tongue stuck out
>--->---(@ - A rose
||*( - Handshake offered
||*) - Handshake accepted
:-x - Kiss kiss
o= - A burning candle to start a flame
~= - Flaming message
-= - A doused candle to end a flame
|-<> - Kissy face
[] - Hug
(-_-) - Secret smile
'-) - Wink
;-) - Say no more; nudge, nudge
:-* - Oops! (Covering mouth with hand)
:-# - Censored
:-8 - Talking out both sides of your mouth
>:> - Leer
:-X - Not saying a word
(:-... - Heart-breaking message...
:-o - "Oh, noooooo!" (a la Mr. Bill)
#:-o - Same as previous
...---... - S.O.S.
:-< - Forlorn
|-( - Late night messages
(:-$ - Ill
(:-( - Sad
%- - Hung over
:~/ - All mixed up
#-) - Another all-night partier
:-'| - With a cold
%+{ - Loser in a fight
( ) - You're kidding!
<:-O - Eeek!
:-C - Unbelieving (jaw dropped)

10-31-03 01:06 PM
Joey
Testing !

#-) - Another all-night partier

#-)
10-31-03 01:33 PM
Factory Girl It has become evident to moi that here we have:

Many Drama Queens.
Many Bored Drama Queens.

Many Drama Queens who may like sdh more than the Stones.
Many Queens who like cyber drama more then the Stones... maybe.

Some who wish they knew sdh back in his Howe days.

10-31-03 01:34 PM
jb tHANKS..BUT IS THIS CODE OR WILL IT ACTUALLY MAKE THE SMILIES APPEAR?
[Edited by jb]
10-31-03 01:39 PM
sirmoonie I hope you weren't talking about me, Eff Gee.

I'm having a bad day as it is. Man, this job sucks!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17