ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SF - TONIGHT! "Oh SF...you talk alot, let's have a look at ya" Return to archive
11-08-02 11:37 AM
Mikey hey everyone,

Well, we West Coasters have been waiting patiently, but tonight is the night. I don't care about the weather, just waiting for the lights to go down and the music start.

A local radio station is playing Stones A-Z all day today (Blinded by Love just played).

Back in 1989, I was a 18-year old Stones freak living in Philly and some friends and I decided to sleep out for tix for the opening night of Steel Wheels later that month. So we decided to sleep in our cars the Wed before tix went on sale that following Saturday.

We decided on a West Coast Video store that had a ticketmaster, thinking we were going to be #1 in line, but low and behold, there was a car already in the parking lot.

We approached the car (around midnight) to see what was up and encountered 2 black ladies, smoking chiba, with Sweet Virginia comming from the tape deck. The ladies had driven 20 hours straight from New Orleans and somehow settled on a little suburban Philly local video store to get tix for the opening night. Never forget the image...
11-08-02 01:02 PM
ehellweg what radio station is doing A-Z?
thanks!
11-08-02 01:10 PM
Mikey 107.7
11-08-02 01:14 PM
nankerphelge The Bone!! What a great station -- the only one I listen to when in the Bay area!!
11-08-02 01:55 PM
Gimme Shelter I am going crazy!!!!! I can't wait!!!!! Just a few more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!