ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sister Morphine's "Gorgeous Girls: Redux" Return to archive
11-06-02 03:13 PM
Half Nanker The Good Sister attains redemption for the hasty insignificant "Hot Stuff @ The Palais Royale" by delivering the top notch 4CDR Remastered 1978 soundboards. This is great stuff, hands down. It is indeed an upgrade to the Handsome Girls boxes and provides us with what could easily be an official release. 'nuff said. It kicks ass. Look for it, seek it out and crank it up. The ultimate Rolling Stones Guitar thrashing live Rock & Roll.
11-06-02 03:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot Better than Handsome Girls? Really? How?

Is there anything on it that hasn't been booted before? Could you post a track list?

I'd appreciate it.
11-06-02 04:30 PM
Half Nanker The track list on "Redux" mimics the tracklisting on Dandelions' "Handsome Girls". Same stucture, including the added audience tracks "Walk & Don't Look Back" w/Peter Tosh from Anaheim & "Satisfaction" encore from Chicago...in slightly better quality than previous efforts. These will always just be OK anyway but, SM boosted the sound on these a bit.
11-06-02 11:37 PM
acagnew
What's the Good Sister's website now or an email address? I seem to be having trouble finding it....
11-07-02 04:50 AM
gypsymofo60 Yes! I've just heard about this, and I must say I am looking forward to hearing it. I know Handsome Girls has always been around, but I've always been at a loss to know why an official release was never forthcoming from the '78 tour. It seemed like such a great tour, course it was only America unfortunately, that's why I always hankered for a live album....I'm just greedy. Fuck it! I don't care either.
11-07-02 06:03 AM
Mathijs All Sister Morphine titles are a complete waste of money and time. Aside from the silver CD vs. CDR debate, all Sister Morphine titles just sound terrible. All titles have been, in strive to upgrade a given source, produced to death. Cool Cool Hand�s trick is to simply boost the bass and middle spectrum and to cut the highs, which gives the music a way too loud and a "modern hard rock" sound. Could You Walk on the Water, Cold Steel Blue and and Live�r Than You�ll Ever Be suffer terribly from this, while the �Sympathy For The Devil� title even has distorted sound, as the mid�s are boosted too far.

Sister Morphine is just one big hoax. In my opinion, who is waiting for a �e.q.-ed� Handsome Girls? This title is the best sounding live recording of the stones, the sound is brilliant, clear, loud and aggressive. If there is one title that does not need an upgrade, it is Handsome Girls!! The only goal Sister Morphine aims at is making money.

But then you ask, why did Sister Morphine receive all these rave reviews in the Sticky Fingers Journal and Magazine? Because John Carr is the one of the people behind Sister Morphine.

Mathijs
11-07-02 07:42 AM
gypsymofo60 Well as they are both boots you've probably got a point, and I don't deny you would know far better than I where boots are concerned, still as I am yet to hear Sister's version I'll reserve judgment...for now! But as they are all boots you are talking about what would anyone really expect? You know what you're buying where boots are concerned, often it's a lucky dip unless you've heard the disc in question, and with the unprecedented generosity of Stones fans the world over surely it's a win, win, win situation for all. Still, I am just a novice!
11-07-02 09:49 AM
Half Nanker Here is the Route66 website link. Go there and send an email to get SM's ordering info.

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/6799/

By the way Mathijs, as I posted on IORR...
Nobody was "waiting" for an eq'd "Handsome Girls". It has arrived and I offered my review and opinion. Something you understand completely.

[Edited by Half Nanker]
11-07-02 10:31 AM
hayo Oh no, not again!
Sister Morphine must be the worst "label" I have ever encountered.
All they do is copying well known titles and sources with an supposed upgrade.
The prices are absurd, giving the fact that they are cdr's.
Also the way this label is being hyped by some people when they put out a new title
is always suspicious, to me at least.

Hayo.