ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dave Matthews to join Stones tonight Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-06-02 06:04 PM
Street Fighting Man I've never understood Dave Matthews appeal either?!
11-06-02 06:09 PM
winter Somebody, Anybody, whose going to the show - please, please, please bring a big sign that says "DAVE MATTHEWS SUCKS DONKEY DICK!"

The man has forever ruined Memory Motel for me!

God I hope this rumor isn't true,

Thanks in advance -

wintahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, burp!
11-06-02 06:33 PM
beer I'm about to leave for Tacoma right now. I hope somebody does have a sign like that!

Of all the guest performers for The Stones to choose from, I will get to see Dave Mathews, the bastard son of Art Garfunkel.
Oh well, fuggit, I'm just stoked to actually get to see The Stones.

Later
11-06-02 06:50 PM
gypsymofo60 Well the general concesus seems to be; DAVE sucks! Agreed! So who's mate is Dave's anyway? Mick?- Keith? Who connected to The Stones owes Davey Boy a debt? What has he got in common with the band? This is a mystery which ranks alongside Sasquatch, and Nessie! Come on guys! If you're gonna do guests do some old blues dude that's still around, even morbid Eric's preferable to the strangled cat.
11-06-02 09:16 PM
winter beer -

enjoy your 2+ hours of the world's greatest rock-n-roll band, and don't let that dorothy heel clickin, shit eating grin sportin, goofy bastard spoil one moment of the show!

if you're lucky, keith will have a flash back from '81 and implant his tele in Mr. Matthews' head mid song,

batter up,

Come on Keith, swing for the fences!

wintah
11-06-02 09:40 PM
Riffhard Oh for God's sake! Not Dave"there goes the show"Mattews. He is sooo lame. A true hero for the Abercrombie & Finch crowd. Lightweight is the perfect word for him Nelly!

jb-I used to do radio gigs at the Clevelander all the time when I worked at WSHE. Cool place for sure. More sweet meat than you can shake a stick at! I also lived in Boca. Right off of Glades.

Riffhard
11-06-02 09:41 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I think Dave Mathews surrounds himself with great musicians--I love their jams, but as soon as he starts in with that whiny nasal vocal, oh christ... And he was certainly last in line when they were handing out sex appeal.

My sentiments exactly. A whiny lightweight. I just don't understand. There's so much good talent that a Stones audience would appreciate, but this?
His sex apeal is totally lacking. He's never done anything for me.
I hope this is only a rumor and Tacoma doesn't have to endure his nazelness.

Rick
11-06-02 09:54 PM
winter Riffhard:

"A true hero for the Abercrombie & Finch crowd."

well said,

wintah
11-06-02 11:29 PM
full moon Davey Matthews and his fruitcake band are the posters boys for all Frats.. Fuck them all...
11-07-02 05:17 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Please dear God...not Dave...he sucks...
11-08-02 01:07 AM
padre I don't get these crowd pleasing guests that the Stonnes seem to take nowadays. On Voodoo tour they still had Bo Diddley, Robert Cray and other artists that they RESPECTED because of their musical input. Not this Sheryl Crow, D.Matthews crap. You don't have to please everybody y'know... How about a duets album next in the Santana mould? That would really please a lot youngsters out there. Collaborations with Limp Bizkit, Britney, Shaggy and all those other great musical talents!
Page: 1 2