ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dave Matthews to join Stones tonight Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-06-02 02:39 PM
mnewman505 It is being reported all over the DMB boards that Dave Matthews will make a suprise guest appearance tonight with the Stones at the Tacoma Dome.

I have no idea if this comes from a reliable source or not.

-- Mike N.

11-06-02 03:02 PM
jb Let's hope you don't get another version of "Memory Motel"...
11-06-02 03:06 PM
nankerphelge Seriously! Every time I play NS I have to skip that song -- it fucking hurts too much...
11-06-02 03:08 PM
jb Or "wild Horses" ala 97 bpay per view form St.Louis
11-06-02 03:11 PM
luxury1 nanky--why you need money so bad?
11-06-02 03:11 PM
T&A Well, it's kinda tough to imagine him enhancing any song, ain't it? Best we can hope for is damage control.

This is a little a tough to swallow. With a perfectly wonderful set of musicians ready-at-the-call at Wiltern (Neil, Petty, Mick Fleetwood, to name just a few) - they pass and go for Dave Matthews the next gig? What gives?
11-06-02 03:17 PM
beer oh fuck no, no no noooooooooooooooooo! I don't wanna hear that sandal wearing, hacky sacking, tofu eating, yoga practicing, college radio playing, neo-hippy!
This is not good news, my friends. Oh shit, what song will he ruin? Any guesses? Didn't he already do Wild Horses and Memory Motel with The Stones?
This is precisely the sort of thing that could drive Ronnie to drinking again. He can only take so much. C'mon Dave Mathews, just stay home tonight.
11-06-02 03:21 PM
jb Tacoma...home of John Mohamed and Dave Mathews...
11-06-02 03:24 PM
beer HahaHA!! Yeah, Tacoma is a real dump. You forgot to mention Ted Bundy too, I'm pretty sure he was from Tacoma.
11-06-02 03:24 PM
luxury1 I think Dave Mathews surrounds himself with great musicians--I love their jams, but as soon as he starts in with that whiny nasal vocal, oh christ... And he was certainly last in line when they were handing out sex appeal.
11-06-02 03:25 PM
T&A How's the grad rate at Miami, JB? Oregon - my alma-mater - and #2 in nation last year, boasts the highest grad rate in the Pac10 over the last 6 years.

When I think of the Miami's and the Oklahoma's, I'm reminded of a quote from about 15 years ago by the University of Oklahoma's President - who said in an absolutely serious tone:

"what we're trying to do here is build a school our team can be proud of."

11-06-02 03:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
nanky--why you need money so bad?

Because he don't want to be your Mum and he's too old to be your Dad...

-tSYX --- Ooo! Ooo! Summer Romance!
11-06-02 03:30 PM
jb Don't really know...Like Oregon State better, as former Cane coach, Dennis Erickson, is now coaching there. I do know that I would rather hang out on South Beach while going to college then some god foresaken place like Otregon!!!
11-06-02 03:31 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy All right...

Now HERE's a guy who belongs in the "Most Overratted" bands category. I just CAN'T STAND him. He's so friggin' annoying, with this whole "Hello, I'm in *angst* with my whiny voice" thing to make rich suburbanites like him worship him and fork over the almighty dollar.

-tSYX --- Well it's over now...
11-06-02 03:33 PM
jb Add Garth to that list...
11-06-02 03:34 PM
nankerphelge Close! It's because I got so much money but I spend it so fast...
11-06-02 03:36 PM
T&A God's Country, JB - I take it you've never been there. As beautiful a place as there is on this earth.

I figured you'd be a little pissed at Erickson for stealing some of the better Florida criminals that might have otherwise opted for Miami.

11-06-02 03:37 PM
jb I am sure it's beautiful..but if I wa 18, I would rather be chasing tail at the Clevelander than butt -fucking bison.
11-06-02 04:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey jb, I used to feel the same way as you. Who the hell would want to live in Oregon?

Well, I changed my mind late 94. I went to the Rose Bowl to watch the best team in the country that year(you hearing me Joey?)Penn State, whoop Pac10 champs Oregon.

Man, those Oregon folks were top rate folks. I'm not kidding. GREAT people. If people like that live there, well, then it's gotta be an OK type place. I still have my Duck Quacker. And they let you smoke pot. If you get caught with less than an ounce, you get a parking ticket. I've often thought of moving there.

However, I would NEVER move to Miami. Nice place to visit for a few days, but I'm always glad to get out of there alive.
11-06-02 04:08 PM
F505 Who on earth invented the idea to let Matthews join Mick on stage? I saw the two in the Amsterdam Arena and I thought Jagger had brought his book-keeper. It was a farce!
11-06-02 04:09 PM
jb Come to Boca...the best of Florida without the rift-raft.
11-06-02 04:10 PM
sasca Dave Matthews, Counting Crows...what is Keith thinking?
11-06-02 04:13 PM
T&A Stonesalot - Oregon gave you guys a run for your Rose money in '94 - don't be fooled by the final score. I believe we were leading late in the 3Q. O'Neill passed for a still-standing Rose Bowl record number of yards. PSU was certainly the better team, but that was a big turning point in the program for UO and they have risen dramatically since to the point where they have arguably one of the top 5 or 6 programs in the nation now.

JB - your comments only underscore mine - Miami is a jock/criminal school. I'm sure you're quite proud.

[Edited by T&A]
[Edited by T&A]
11-06-02 04:14 PM
F505 Keith thinks: where stays Bo D, Cuck B or Buddy G?
11-06-02 04:17 PM
jb That was years ago....we got a bad rap...every school does the same shit...The bad boy image is long gone....UM is a great school with a truly international student body...The law school is in the top 100 and we have the hottest babes in the country...
11-06-02 04:25 PM
T&A like I said - I'm sure you're quite proud. 0h - check the grad rate of the football team when you get a chance - a stellar academic university for sure!
11-06-02 04:26 PM
jb You are a vengeful, small minded person....
11-06-02 04:30 PM
T&A you noticed!
11-06-02 05:05 PM
Boomhauer Well, I think he enjoys his time when he gets to hang out on stage with the Stones, but he does have a new live album out......................sooooooooooo, I think there may be a little advertising going on.

But........he's advertising in front of the wrong people. I don't think too many Stones fans like his albums or songs.
11-06-02 05:42 PM
Nellcote Dave Matthews-WTF?
At least he did not poison any of the more popular shows.
This is where Keith must really blow a gasket, with Mick bringing up this type of lightweight.

Here's hoping the mike goes out during the song!
Page: 1 2