ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Complete Recording Sessions by Martin Elliott Return to archive
11-05-02 09:09 AM
padre The Rolling Stones: Complete Recording Sessions 1962-2002 by Martin Elliott

Anybody has this book? Is it any good? I've got Karnbach's and Bernson's IORR-The Ultimate Guide in my shelf now, so is this new thing worth buying? Of course it's more updated, but how about the old stuff in it?
11-05-02 09:12 AM
glencar I have the older version of the book & I like it. Thanks for letting me know it's been updated. I'll buy it.
11-05-02 11:02 AM
Mathijs This Elliot book is one of the worst Stones books ever written, it is actually totally worthless. Second, the book of Karnbach is so plagued with mistakes it can not be taken seriously. If you want recording data and tour data, there's just one place to go: Nico Zentgraf's fabulous site. A further great read is Perry's Exile on Main Street book, disecting Exile, and of course the Greenfield and Booth books.

Mathijs
11-05-02 11:05 AM
padre Thanks for the info Mathjis. Yes, I heard that IORR has a lot of mistakes after relying on it for a while... But good to know about that Elliot book. I won't do the same mistake twice. I love this board for these kinds of professional hints!
11-05-02 03:33 PM
Mottrush Actually I thought Elliot's first book was very interesting. Sure, there was a fair bit of stuff missed out but I'm sure he will rectify that in the new version.

Mathijs, do you have the URL for Zentgrat's site?
11-05-02 05:19 PM
Angiegirl Nico Zentgraf's website, click here
11-05-02 06:42 PM
gypsymofo60 It's Only Rock n'Roll by Steve Appleford,Harper Collins, is a very good compendium covering all the official releases 1963 to 1994. Whether or not it is 100% accurate, well I can't say! I'm not that close to The Stones camp, just a fan who enjoyed the book. It's also got some great photos, and a brief chronology.
11-05-02 06:58 PM
Mottrush Thanks Angiegirl. That's one hell of a site!!!!
11-06-02 02:55 PM
Gazza IMO, There's NO better authority on the Stones than Nico Zentgraf
11-06-02 08:11 PM
Angiegirl Yeh, I know, I turn to it a lot. It must have been incredible work to put this together for the web...

Hail Hail Nico