ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Information Mathijs for his website Return to archive
11-04-02 11:46 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I just looked at Bill Wyman's new book and Keith's acoustic guitar during the 1970 european tour is a 12-string acoustic. during the 1971 british tour an acoustic guitar lying against Charlie's drum riser is a 6-string acoustic harmony acoustic. The only acoustic songs they played onstage is prodigal son.
11-05-02 07:10 AM
Mathijs Are you sure it is a picture from 1970? On the 1971 tour the Stones played Wild Horses at least two times, and Keith used a 12-string for that (and he complained he couldn't get it in tune). Of all pics I've seen from the 1970 tour, keith only playes a Martin D-28 six-string, and not a 12-string.

Mathijs
11-05-02 06:56 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 well the collection of pics show mick in his leo shirt that he wore in 1969 and also bobby keyes on saxophone which i thought was weird and keith uses an acoustic guitar. the acoustic guitar that was used in 1971 shows mick in his short sleeved shirt he wore at Marquee show and the guitar is a 6-string but the neck of the guitar is different from any acoustic guitar. it didn't look like a martin or gibson. did martins have necks that look different from other guitar?

the guitar looked just like this guitat jimmy page used and it don't look like a martin.

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/multimedia/photos/group90.jpg
[Edited by Stonesmillenium2001]
11-06-02 05:08 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 i hope this information helps.