ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A morbid theory? Return to archive
11-04-02 10:20 PM
beer Found this newspaper article. A theory about the Stones being held in higher regard than the Beatles. I don't really agree with the guys choice for top ten Stones albums but check it out...

http://www.theolympian.com/home/specialsections/FeatureoftheWeek/20021025/25817.shtml
11-04-02 11:23 PM
Fiji Joe Prince Sign O' the Times a classic rock double album?...WTF???????

IMO, lose Black and Blue and Between the Buttons and replace them with Some Girls and Emotional Rescue and you got something...glad to see Out of Our Heads on this list...love that album
11-04-02 11:34 PM
Boomhauer Emotional Rescue is a fuggin' great album, Feej. Can't go wrong with it (or Some Girls, Undercover, Black and Blue, and others) at a party.

Rolling Stones Now! is fuggin' awesome as well.

"Mama cookin' chicken fried in bacon grease!"
11-05-02 12:20 AM
Stonesthrow A few questionable calls on the list, but generally not too bad with one exception. Black And Blue has no right to be anywhere near a Stones top ten list, and it is in fact, their worst studio album. The only decent song to come out of those sessions was Slave, and that wasn't even used until Tattoo You. I would have preferred 12 x 5, The Rolling Stones/ENH, TY, IORR, or even Flowers.

11-05-02 12:36 AM
kc152 GHS...Depressing?? And Black& Blue The last classic Stones album?? WTF
11-05-02 03:46 AM
RubyFriday Why morbid ? Why theory ? It�s evident that an early death keeps the hype going.Do you think ,anybody would talk about James Dean and his 3 films,when he were still alive,ugly and fat now ?
11-05-02 10:38 AM
jb Exactly Ruby....Hendrix, Morrison, Cobain, Lennon, all made much bigger by their tragic deaths....Stones are not apprerciated b/c we have never(thank god) been without them.
11-05-02 10:48 AM
F505 Stonesthrow said:
Black And Blue has no right to be anywhere near a Stones top ten list, and it is in fact, their worst studio album.

Well now that's absolutely bullshit! It's the only Stones-album with soul!!! Therefore it's unique and belongs to the golden seventies!!!
11-05-02 10:50 AM
jb Black and Blue is one of their very best...Hand of fate, Hot Stuff, Memory Motel, Crazy Momma...these are classics!!
11-05-02 11:07 AM
steel driving hammer Fuck the Islam and Fuck the Beatles.
11-05-02 11:51 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Fuck the Islam and Fuck the Beatles.

Did you see what the whack jobs in Turkey did, Steelie? Actually went out and voted to be oppressed.

Here you go sir, step up and cast your vote for never being able to vote again. Thank you. Don't come again or we will kill you. Bye now.

"Flagellate me with camel dicks, Allahie!"
11-05-02 02:50 PM
steel driving hammer Yeah I heard about that in Turkey.
Fuck em' if they want to live like that, so be it.
We already slapped one cheek, ain't gonna turn the other ;^)

Did you vote today? I did, " GOP All Down The Line...! "

God I hope we get Majority to get some GOP leglislation through.

Collen Powel for Bass w/ the Stones!
11-05-02 02:52 PM
jb The U.S. finally did what Israel does...it's not pretty, but when dealing with terrorists, many innocent people also get hurt.
11-05-02 02:52 PM
sirmoonie Right down below, bud.
11-05-02 03:28 PM
sasca You think it�s only Islam? Here in South Africa it's Christian terrorists who are causing the most problems - like the Klan in the US. I am not a follower of Judaism, Christianity or Islam and think that all have caused appalling damage. But each also contains the possibility for tremendous beauty.
11-05-02 03:28 PM
StrangeStrayCat Hand of Fate, Hey Negrita, Hot Stuff, and Crazy Mama are 4 of the strongest Stones songs ever IMO (Crazy Mama is the best blues song every recorded IMO, and my all-time favorite Jagger vocal "You're Plain Psychotic!" ) but I'm not as crazy about the remaining 4 songs (seem like filler) so I personally wouldn't place it on a top 10 list.
11-05-02 08:23 PM
Fiji Joe Like the Klan in the U.S....geeze, talk a little bit more out of your ass...the Klan is about relevant as Gary Coleman on Super Bowl Sunday...I suggest you get your news from some other place than internet tabloids
11-06-02 04:28 PM
sasca I said LIKE the klan and meant as it once was. It may no longer be much of a power, but there are groups LIKE it which are.
[Edited by sasca]