ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Eagles' new album - a review!! Return to archive
1st November 2007 07:54 AM
Ronnie Richards http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/reviews/story/0,,2198978,00.html

The Eagles, Long Road Out of Eden
1 star (Universal)

Jude Rogers
Friday October 26, 2007

Guardian

Self-importance is a given in the world of soft rock, but the Eagles' double-disc comeback propels musical smugness to previously inconceivable proportions. Their first new material in 28 years, disc one sounds like the band's Desperado years left out in the rain - damp, shrunken and fetid, with songs such as Guilty of the Crime and Fast Company giving out as much spark as a dying novelty lighter. Then comes disc two. This is the band's big political statement, a 48-minute embarrassment of lyrical cliches, yowling harmonies and masturbatory axe solos. It's hard to know whether ironic passages such as the hymnal middle-eight of Frail Grasp on the Big Picture ("And we pray to our Lord/ Who we know is American - he presides over football games!") will inspire riots among rednecks, or breed Born in the USA-style misunderstandings. At least the album provides a thousand unintentional laughs as it takes awfulness to new heights.
1st November 2007 09:05 AM
SweetVirginia Ouch!

Actually, that review could have been about any of their albums.

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
1st November 2007 09:07 AM
gimmekeef What did anyone expect?...It still will sell a gazillion though....
1st November 2007 10:15 AM
glencar Don Henley Must Die!
1st November 2007 10:52 AM
sirmoonie Nice post. I had been thinking recently that everything that could have been said about how bad the Eagles suck has been said, but Jude Rogers has come along and shed new light on their ability to suck. I wish she posted here on regular basis about the Eagles and that they suck.
1st November 2007 11:12 AM
gimmekeef Sir moonie....I think no mention of the Eagles here period would be far superior....
1st November 2007 11:21 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Sir moonie....I think no mention of the Eagles here period would be far superior....

We tried the pacificist approach for a year, and look what happened - they attacked us with a new album.
1st November 2007 11:47 AM
nankerphelge It's all part of the Axis of Eagles.

We cannot give up -- it will be a long fight, but our very survival is at stake...
1st November 2007 11:54 AM
pdog slightly changed, but....

quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
Self-importance is a given in the world of soft rock, but the Roling Stones comeback propels musical smugness to previously inconceivable proportions. Their first new material in 8 years, sounds like the band's Some Girls years left out in the rain - damp, shrunken and fetid, with songs such as Streets Of Love and Rain Fall Down giving out as much spark as a dying novelty lighter. Then comes Sweet Neo-Con. This is the band's big political statement, an embarrassment of lyrical cliches, yowling harmonies and masturbatory axe solos. At least the album provides a thousand unintentional laughs as it takes awfulness to new heights.

1st November 2007 12:19 PM
glencar But Sweet Neocon at least has a good beat...
1st November 2007 01:19 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
But Sweet Neocon at least has a good beat...

finding an oasis in the desert!

Eagles?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Joey?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
1st November 2007 02:22 PM
Child of the Moon That's some good postin'!

God damn, I hate the Eagles.
[Edited by Child of the Moon]
1st November 2007 02:48 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
glencar wrote:
Don Henley Must Die!

Don Henley Must Die
by Mojo Nixon

This is the sound of my brain
Then I said -This is the sound of my brain on Don Henley
Then I said -One two three four

He's a tortured artist
Used to be in the eagles
Now he whines like a wounded beagle

Poet of despair
Puffed up with hot air
He's serious, pretentious and I just don't care

Don henley must die
Don't let him get back together
With Glenn Frey, Don Henley must die

Cut on the TV
And what did I see
This bloated hairy thing winnin' a grammy
Huah

Best rock vocalist
Compared to what
Bunch of pseudo-serious Kraft angst-a-matic
Satanic plot

Don Henley Must die
Put a sharp stick in his eye, don henley must die
Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya
Oh

Quit playin' that crap
You a­re out of the band

I'm only kidding, can't you tell?
I love his sensitve music
Idiot poetry swell

You and your kind
Are killin' rock and roll
It's not because you a­re o-l-d
--Cause you ain't
Got no soul

Don't be afraid of fun
Loosen up your ponytail
Be wild, young
Free and-a
Get your head
Outta your tail

Don Henley
Must die
Don'­t let him get back together
With Glenn Frey

Don Henley
Must die
Put him in the electric chair
Watch him fry, Don Henley must die

Don Henley must die
Ah ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya

No Eagles reunion
The same goes for you too Sting
Ah
Oh

1st November 2007 09:33 PM
GimmeExile All the cool people hate the Eagles. I kinda like them.
1st November 2007 09:37 PM
robpop Another Eagles thread. You guys just wanna see the hot chick with the F the Eagles belly shirt. Well, I'm not posting her.
1st November 2007 11:00 PM
Lethargy Is anyone surprised?

quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/reviews/story/0,,2198978,00.html

The Eagles, Long Road Out of Eden
1 star (Universal)

Jude Rogers
Friday October 26, 2007

Guardian

Self-importance is a given in the world of soft rock, but the Eagles' double-disc comeback propels musical smugness to previously inconceivable proportions. Their first new material in 28 years, disc one sounds like the band's Desperado years left out in the rain - damp, shrunken and fetid, with songs such as Guilty of the Crime and Fast Company giving out as much spark as a dying novelty lighter. Then comes disc two. This is the band's big political statement, a 48-minute embarrassment of lyrical cliches, yowling harmonies and masturbatory axe solos. It's hard to know whether ironic passages such as the hymnal middle-eight of Frail Grasp on the Big Picture ("And we pray to our Lord/ Who we know is American - he presides over football games!") will inspire riots among rednecks, or breed Born in the USA-style misunderstandings. At least the album provides a thousand unintentional laughs as it takes awfulness to new heights.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)