ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help me win $2500! I'm not kidding! vote now! Return to archive
30th October 2007 10:38 PM
Starbuck holy shit!

first off, please....let's put aside our distate for the beatles for just one minute and hear me out!

those outside of beatle circles may not be aware of happenings lately! there is a book coming out thursday that documents the beatles' one concert visit to minneapolis. it is a photo book with a few hundred pictures documenting the beatle concert at met stadium back in '65. to celebrate the release of the book, kool 108 is having a beatles "sound alike" contest in which contestents can send a video in to win a free guitar. the beatle band submitted and entry and we were one of the finalists. it's us vs two other guys playing an acoustic...i think we can take em, but i need your help! this guitar is awesome, and it's worth about $2500!

go to kool 108's website. here is the URL:

http://www.kool108.com/pages/psn_danriggs.html

scroll down until you see the contestant's entries for "one night in the heartland"....our entry is the second one, Tim Hulett from Minneapolis (our george guy). If you click on his name, a pop up window should come up with our video, if you'd like to see it. to vote for us, enter your email in the box and click on the bubble next to tim's name. it will automatically send you an email. then, check your email and click on the link to register your vote. IF YOU DON"T CLICK ON THE LINK IN YOUR EMAIL, YOUR VOTE WON'T COUNT! so please check your email and click the link.

we only have about 24 hours before voting stops, so please vote ASAP! tell your friends! tell your families! tell your postmen!

thanks for your help! my mom always said i'd make something of myself someday!

bucky

PS here's the vid:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19789010
30th October 2007 10:43 PM
glencar Despite our lil disagreement, you ahve my vote! Didn't Tim Hulett paly for the Indians back in the late 80's?
30th October 2007 11:11 PM
Starbuck shit! i'm "glencar endorsed"! i am bound to win now!

we're crossing party aisles in this thread.

all we are saying ...... is give buck the rick.... all we are saying... is give buck the rick...

everybody's talking bout hosting, posting, bandwidth, sandwich, fiji and squeegie, luigi..

all we are saying...is give buck the rick!
30th October 2007 11:13 PM
glencar You will win for sure now! BTW Did you see my Hulett question? In the recesses of my mind I seem to recall he played for the Indians.
30th October 2007 11:20 PM
Fiji Joe You already have some really nice guitars...you wouldn't even let me touch them when I was up there...what can you tell me about the hosting skills of the other two contestants?
30th October 2007 11:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

PS here's the vid:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19789010

OK...I'm voting for the man in the muscle T...presence...he's got it!
30th October 2007 11:24 PM
Starbuck their potato salad sucks. plus, they are both vegetarians who work for the kucinich campaign.
30th October 2007 11:27 PM
Fiji Joe I don't know...that other guy lost all his other guitars in a fire...no condo, no guitars...If he doesn't win, he could be threat to national security...
30th October 2007 11:41 PM
Starbuck cut the sass and vote for me, bitch.

plus, it'll add a nice "jingle jangle" byrds sound to sunday saint next summer.
30th October 2007 11:42 PM
Paul McCartney Starbuck, I loved your cover of one of our tunes.

It was so good that this thread needs a sticky!
31st October 2007 12:05 AM
Paul McCartney I shagged Yoko once while my wang gently weeped.
31st October 2007 12:06 AM
Paul McCartney Abort! Abort! We've been compromised! Abandon submarine!
31st October 2007 12:15 AM
Paul McCartney
quote:
Paul McCartney wrote:
Abort! Abort! We've been compromised! Abandon submarine!

You stole it first. I stole it back!
31st October 2007 06:03 AM
PartyDoll MEG That singer???!!!!!...

man he is HOT!!!!
31st October 2007 06:09 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Paul McCartney wrote:
I shagged Yoko once while my wang gently weeped.

31st October 2007 06:20 AM
LadyJane Vote cast.
Good luck

LJ.
31st October 2007 07:21 AM
Zack I voted, man. Now its a sure thing. But why do YOU get the guitar and not your George?
31st October 2007 07:35 AM
Starbuck eek!

someone stole my paul mccartney alias! (feej?!?) password was too easy i guess.

won't you please, please help me!
31st October 2007 08:17 AM
Nellcote Voted.
Good sound, not quite Beatlejuice, however, listenable.
Good harp. Large white object moving thru the video often made good viewing difficult, was it windy that night?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatlejuice
31st October 2007 09:38 AM
GotToRollMe Done.
Hey Bucky, this should be right up your alley:

GUEST: 'I'M SELLING EVERYTHING'

Music producer DAVID GUEST is auctioning off all of his most precious possessions - including 120 gold discs from artists including THE BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES. The 53-year-old is selling his vast collection of musical memorabilia at London auction house Bonhams on 5 December (07), because he no longer cares for material possessions. Other once-beloved items going under the hammer include The Supremes' original Motown recording contract, and sheet music signed by Michael Jackson and Dusty Springfield. He says, "Since my appearance on (British TV programme) I'm A Celebrity (Get Me Out Of Here) and my permanent move to live in the UK, my life has dramatically changed. "I no longer need any of the materialistic things I once felt so passionate about."

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/guest%20im%20selling%20everything_1048467
31st October 2007 02:03 PM
robpop I voted for you. now I want to heat Winslowstud tell everybody that the Steelers rule.
31st October 2007 02:26 PM
Paul McCartney
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
eek!

someone stole my paul mccartney alias! (feej?!?) password was too easy i guess.

won't you please, please help me!

Dear boy,
You stole it first.

If you don't win the guitar, I can send you a banjo made out of one of Heather's fake leg. Check your PM.
31st October 2007 02:37 PM
Mr Jurkka Who wants to get Rickenbarker guitar?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)