ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Robert Goulet Is Dead Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st November 2007 02:23 AM
andrews27
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
I never did like him he was
a smart ass at times, but a good singer.

I liked him better as a smartass than a singer, in one of the Naked Gun pictures and on 70s talk shows. But what American boyhood would be complete w/o Goulet crooning,

"If ever I should leave you,
It would not be in summer..."

Certainly no boyhood in today's USA. Silver rings on ya, Bob - you were the thinking man's Wayne Newton.

[Edited by andrews27]
1st November 2007 02:47 AM
Child of the Moon In all honesty, the guy had a fuckin' voice, okay? And he had a sense of humor about himself right up 'til the very end. I, for one, will miss the guy.
1st November 2007 07:01 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:

'73? i don't think they were closer than 1.5 game out that season, i think you mean'72, that abortion of a season, which resulted in this, thanks to the spring training lockout:

Tigers 86-70
Bosox 85-70

yup...'72, sorry--Aparicio falling down

'74 was bad too...a 7 game lead on Labor Day blown to Hell
1st November 2007 11:36 AM
andrews27
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
In all honesty, the guy had a fuckin' voice, okay? And he had a sense of humor about himself right up 'til the very end. I, for one, will miss the guy.

I 'liked' him, too, COTM, but he wasn't in the Elvis or even the Tom Jones league - more like Humperdinck or...Sergio Franchi (another Camelot veteran). Sandler & Young, talk show veterans?

As a guy who deeply wishes he could sing and follows singers like sports idols, Tom Jones sometimes impresses the shit out of me. The well-groomed man's Joe Cocker!
1st November 2007 11:54 AM
lotsajizz Tom Jones rocks!
1st November 2007 02:19 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

I 'liked' him, too, COTM, but he wasn't in the Elvis or even the Tom Jones league - more like Humperdinck or...Sergio Franchi (another Camelot veteran). Sandler & Young, talk show veterans?

As a guy who deeply wishes he could sing and follows singers like sports idols, Tom Jones sometimes impresses the shit out of me. The well-groomed man's Joe Cocker!

True... he was definitely no Tom Jones. That guy has the voice of voices.

Elvis, IMO, didn't really become a vocal powerhouse until he started putting on the jumpsuits.
1st November 2007 03:16 PM
andrews27
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

Elvis, IMO, didn't really become a vocal powerhouse until he started putting on the jumpsuits.

Good ears - there's definitely a comeback need to prove himself from the 1969 TV special on. In that Glory Throat period, too, he was competing with guys like Humperdinck, Jones, and (yes) Bob Goulet, whom he blasted off the TV. His 50s competition was largely dead on radio and TV.

For Tom Jones pleasure: 'Thunderball' and 'I'm Never Gonna Fall in Love Again.'

[Edited by andrews27]
1st November 2007 11:28 PM
Bloozehound Goulet looked like he could lick his eyebrows with his tounge
2nd November 2007 12:21 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

yup...'72, sorry--Aparicio falling down

'74 was bad too...a 7 game lead on Labor Day blown to Hell

Aparicio or no Aparicio, what happened in '72 is an all time example of getting "jobbed." I'm not a Bosox fan, and I still think that season deserves the * as much as Bonds HR ball. Something like that would not happen today, the outcry would be huge, and it should've been then. They should've at least been allowed to play the rained out game which may've cost them the division.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)