ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Robert Goulet Is Dead Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th October 2007 09:32 PM
glencar Another Camelot star has passed on!
30th October 2007 09:51 PM
stonedinaustralia i wasn't even aware he was ill
30th October 2007 09:55 PM
andrews27 Makes me feel goddamn OLD! I bet Keith gave a shiver, too.
30th October 2007 11:18 PM
killerbitch Guess those almond commercials did him in. I never did like him he was
a smart ass at times, but a good singer.
31st October 2007 12:12 AM
Starbuck now he won't be able to vote for me in the beatle guitar competition.
31st October 2007 12:43 AM
gypsy We'll always have Will Ferrell's hilarious Robert Goulet impressions!
31st October 2007 05:33 AM
Gazza Elvis will be waiting to greet him no doubt
31st October 2007 07:59 AM
Factory Girl I saw on Access Hollywood this week that he had pulmonary fibrosis and that he'd die shortly without a lung transplant.

RIP Mr. Goulet
31st October 2007 09:08 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Elvis will be waiting to greet him no doubt

LOL...I remember hearing that whenever he'd see Goulet on TV, Elvis would shoot out the screen with a handgun.
31st October 2007 09:40 AM
Gazza Thats it.

I'd actually never heard of him until I read that in 'Elvis - What Happened?'.

One of his bodyguards mentioned that Elvis was actually sitting eating his breakfast at about 5 pm (as one does)when Robert appeared on the screen. He slowly finished what he had his mouth, set his knife and fork down, picked up a pistol and shot the screen - before resuming his breakfast without saying a word. Priceless.

Incidentally, what did Goulet do to piss people off so much? I cant say I know much about him other than Elvis' obsessive hatred for him and the fact that he was in Naked Gun. His wikipedia page has actually been disabled due to persistent vandalism over the last 24 hours, with some entries posted reading "Good riddance" and "now he can bang Anna Nicole Smith in hell for eternity". Not too nice.
31st October 2007 09:45 AM
Joey " Another Camelot star has passed on! "

< ---- I really , REALLY thought he died in 1978

Me too Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

Oh Where , oh where has my ' Fiji 2002 ' gone ?!

Oh where , Oh where can he BE ?!

Jazzy Cakes ! ™

31st October 2007 09:49 AM
GotToRollMe Other than being the epitome of smarmy lounge-lizardry, I'm not aware of anything he may have done. I'm sure Elvis would have had a better answer for ya though.
31st October 2007 11:08 AM
Joey " I'm not aware of anything he may have done. "

< --- He was an ACTIVE participant during the early 1970's in the " Paris Peace Accords " .

Oh , Lil Buddy ( Lil' Fiji ) --- You are BAD !!!!!!

31st October 2007 11:14 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
31st October 2007 12:19 PM
MidnightRambler
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thats it.

I'd actually never heard of him until I read that in 'Elvis - What Happened?'.

One of his bodyguards mentioned that Elvis was actually sitting eating his breakfast at about 5 pm (as one does)when Robert appeared on the screen. He slowly finished what he had his mouth, set his knife and fork down, picked up a pistol and shot the screen - before resuming his breakfast without saying a word. Priceless.

Incidentally, what did Goulet do to piss people off so much? I cant say I know much about him other than Elvis' obsessive hatred for him and the fact that he was in Naked Gun. His wikipedia page has actually been disabled due to persistent vandalism over the last 24 hours, with some entries posted reading "Good riddance" and "now he can bang Anna Nicole Smith in hell for eternity". Not too nice.

the story I read in the one of the many Elvis biographies was that Elvis dated this girl, but she broke it off and later went and dated Goulet. In a letter she wrote to him months later--Goulet wrote at the end of the letter something like "Don't worry...I'm taking good care of her!" And there began Elvis' hatred.
31st October 2007 12:24 PM
MidnightRambler Oh and here's the TV...

[Edited by MidnightRambler]
31st October 2007 12:35 PM
TooTough Live from Graceland...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQNwZjwbUg0
31st October 2007 12:46 PM
gypsy
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

Thanks for posting that - it never fails to make me laugh!
31st October 2007 12:47 PM
Fiji Joe
31st October 2007 12:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That isn't even funny. At all.
31st October 2007 12:52 PM
Child of the Moon This is too much. I just... I just can't talk about this right now.
31st October 2007 01:08 PM
texile RIP
another figure from my childhood...
remember those specials?
31st October 2007 02:08 PM
lotsajizz he was a big Red Sox fan
31st October 2007 02:12 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
he was a big Red Sox fan

Who isnt these days?...The bandwagon wheels are about to fall off...
31st October 2007 02:43 PM
lotsajizz friggin' pink hats...unless you've bled through 1973, 1975, 1978, 1986, or at least 2003 you ain't shit
31st October 2007 03:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
TooTough wrote:
Live from Graceland...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQNwZjwbUg0

Love the comments below. Some observant borderline retard has informed us "that's not Elvis...."
31st October 2007 04:10 PM
Brainbell Jangler One of the video games in the Noiseland Arcade on The Simpsons was called "Robert Goulet Destroyer."
31st October 2007 05:07 PM
steel driving hammer He had a voice as wide as Sophie Tucker’s ass.
31st October 2007 06:09 PM
robpop I like his ESPN college basketball promos.
31st October 2007 07:34 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
friggin' pink hats...unless you've bled through 1973, 1975, 1978, 1986, or at least 2003 you ain't shit

'73? i don't think they were closer than 1.5 game out that season, i think you mean'72, that abortion of a season, which resulted in this, thanks to the spring training lockout:

Tigers 86-70
Bosox 85-70

I think Goulet jumped aboard the 'sox wagon in '67, didn't he sing "the impossible dream" at fenway during the series that year?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)