ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Review of Gram Parsons bio (SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
30th October 2007 04:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

most of it...

30th October 2007 04:18 PM
guitarman53 I really liked Gram Parsons, on the Sweethearts of the Rodeo, my all time favorite is "Hickory Wind", he's got video's of The Flying Burrito Bros., although he was never in that band very long, I loved their performance from 'Gimme Shelter" at Altamont doing 6 days on the Road, & he was a great stoned friend of Keith's, I'd love to read this book.
30th October 2007 04:24 PM
Gazza Stanley Booth's new 'Exile' book seems to suggest that he eventually outstayed his welcome at Nellcote, was quite unceremoniously asked to leave and was duly dispatched out of the country in what was a very cold and clinical manner.

He and Keith never met again after that.
30th October 2007 04:29 PM
glencar Sounds like he was another early rock casualty. I'm not sure where I read it but apparently rock starts have shorter lifespans; most especially within the 1st 5 years of hitting it big.
30th October 2007 04:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sounds like he was another early rock casualty. I'm not sure where I read it but apparently rock starts have shorter lifespans; most especially within the 1st 5 years of hitting it big.

lay off the drugs son

quote:
glencar wrote:
Sounds like he was another early rock casualty. I'm not sure where I read it but apparently rock starts have shorter lifespans; most especially within the 1st 5 years of hitting it big.

I said lay off the drugs son
30th October 2007 04:32 PM
glencar Aha! I deleted it before you posted!
30th October 2007 04:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Aha! I deleted it before you posted!

its like that old episode of WKRP where Dr Johnny Fever drinks and takes the reflex/reaction test and keeps somehow getting increasingly faster and more alert after every shot
30th October 2007 04:43 PM
glencar LOL Moments of clarity happen at the oddest times!
31st October 2007 12:04 AM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Stanley Booth's new 'Exile' book seems to suggest that he eventually outstayed his welcome at Nellcote, was quite unceremoniously asked to leave and was duly dispatched out of the country in what was a very cold and clinical manner.

He and Keith never met again after that.

Yes, he was doing too much of Keith and Anita's supply. He and Gretchen asked if they could stay at Cheyne Walk when they left Nellcote, but Keith and Anita wouldn't let them.
Plus, Gretchen was young and very insecure, and got on Anita's nerves.
31st October 2007 12:11 AM
Starbuck
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
glencar wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lay off the drugs son

quote:
glencar wrote:

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)