ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) Ozzy Fan Disappointed Return to archive
25th October 2007 07:26 PM
Dan And this time it's not because of his "singing," a cancelled show, 70 minute setlist or lack of Ultimate Sin material in the setlist.

It's also worth it to click for the reader comments:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83410

OZZY OSBOURNE Fan Disappointed He Couldn't Deliver Gift - Oct. 24, 2007

Renato Gandia of the Canada's Sun Media reports: An Ozzy Osbourne superfan drove back to Peace River yesterday with a heavy heart after he failed Monday night to give the rocker a specially designed canoe paddle he spent many hours making.

Patrick Lesko, a 34-year-old veteran woodworker, said he's still a fan and he might try again when Ozzy goes to Toronto in January.

"I'm not gonna say, 'What a jerk,' " said Lesko while he took a rest in Fox Creek from driving to Peace River, 484 km northwest of Edmonton. "I don't know what really happened.

"Do I still love BLACK SABBATH more than anything? Hell, yeah. Honestly as much as I love Ozzy, I love BLACK SABBATH."

Lesko said he was able to bring the paddle to the coat check at Rexall Place, but that's as far as it got.

"I was hoping that I would be able to get to the meet-and-greet, but I didn't realize that's before the show, not after."

He went to Rexall Place at 3 p.m. on Monday to try to give Ozzy the paddle.

"I was disappointed. It was a huge investment of time and energy that went into making the paddle."

Lesko said he couldn't snap up a $1,000 backstage package for the show before they sold out and his calls to Ozzy's tour management company in California went unreturned. He paid $750 for a front-row seat to the concert.

If he can't give it to Ozzy in Toronto, Lesko's not sure what to do with the otter tail-style paddle carved out of solid Canadian black cherry.

It took Lesko 25 hours to make it and is worth an estimated $500.

25th October 2007 07:40 PM
pdog I had this same problem with Keith during Steel Wheels. I spent 200 hours and god knows how much money on blow, making a replica of great buildings and structures out of toothpicks... When The Stones played in AC, I tried to bring my gift to Keith and was turned away...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
25th October 2007 08:34 PM
mojoman ; Oh yeah!

Some people say my love cannot be true
Please believe me, my love, and Ill show you
I will give you those things you thought unreal
The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal

Oh yeah!

Follow me now and you will not regret
Leaving the life you led before we met
You are the first to have this love of mine
Forever with me till the end of time

Your love for me has just got to be real
Before you know the way Im going to feel
Im going to feel
Im going to feel

Oh yeah!

Now I have you with me, under my power
Our love grows stronger now with every hour
Look into my eyes, you will see who I am
My name is lucifer, please take my hand

Oh yeah!

Follow me now and you will not regret
Leaving the life you led before we met
You are the first to have this love of mine
Forever with me till the end of time

Your love for me has just got to be real
Before you know the way Im going to feel
Im going to feel
Im going to feel

Oh yeah!

Now I have you with me, under my power
Our love grows stronger now with every hour
Look into my eyes, you will see who I am
My name is lucifer, please take my hand
26th October 2007 01:19 PM
Mr Jurkka A paddle? What the fuck? Btw i went to ozzy concert when he was last june in finland.. good show, good set-list.
26th October 2007 01:56 PM
MrPleasant “I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol. I mean, I would never urinate at the Alamo at nine o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober.”

“The doctor can fuck himself.”
26th October 2007 02:00 PM
Dino37 Ozzy is speaking a bit more clearly these days. Good for him.
26th October 2007 03:24 PM
Saint Sway this reminds me of the time I handcrafted a shoe horn to give to Lemmy...
27th October 2007 06:40 AM
corgi37 Some people are total fucking idiots. Hope this moron makes the canoe to also give Ozzy in Toronto.

Ozzy tours Oz in the couple of months. I might go and get me a kangaroo and see if i can sneak it in.

Or maybe a stingray?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)