ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolled Gold Rerelease Return to archive
24th October 2007 11:39 AM
justinkurian http://www.gigwise.com/news/38029/rolling-stones-to-release-new-album-on-usb-card

Rolling Stones To Release 'New' Album On USB Card
To embrace digital revolution...

by Jason Gregory on 24/10/2007

The Rolling Stones are to release an updated version of their early retrospective, ‘Rolled Gold,’ on a number of new formats, including USB stick

Originally released in 1975, the updated ‘Rolled Gold+’ – released on November 5th - will feature all the original tracks as well as twelve that were not included on the retrospectives initial release.

Among the album’s forty tracks will be classic hits, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,’ ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash,’ and ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’ – which was written for the band by John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

As well as a traditional 2-CD, ‘Rolled Gold+’ will become the first album to be released on USB memory card in the UK.

It will also be available on an environmentally friendly deluxe double jakebox pop-up case and traditional digital download formats.

'Rolled Gold+' will feature extensive liner notes by music journalist and Rolling Stones expert Pierre Perrone, as well as a track by track breakdown of the songs by a number of music industry figureheads.

Add RSS Feed
© Gigwise 2001-2007
24th October 2007 04:48 PM
glencar In America too?
24th October 2007 05:09 PM
Saint Sway will the re-release contain the version of "Mannish Boy" previously only available on Love You Live, Sucking In The Seventies, and Rarities?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th October 2007 09:40 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
In America too?

Nothing confirmed yet, only Europe and Japan.
25th October 2007 11:19 PM
Lethargy This is the most pathetic re-release they've had yet. It's one thing to re-release Rewind, Made In The Shade, and Sucking/70s, but Rolled Gold?!?! A new low, even for these shameless greedy bastards.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
will the re-release contain the version of "Mannish Boy" previously only available on Love You Live, Sucking In The Seventies, and Rarities?

[Edited by Saint Sway]

26th October 2007 10:42 AM
egon I'm buying!

any news on rarities II yet?
26th October 2007 01:01 PM
mojoman rolled gold? what are they smokin?
26th October 2007 03:18 PM
Trey Krimsin One question on my mind: Is the USB stick going to be the 8-track of the Digital Age?
28th October 2007 03:54 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
egon wrote:
I'm buying!

any news on rarities II yet?

Thank you SO MUCH for not giving-up on "it". yet.

I feel as if I'm hungry and thirsty at the same time!
28th October 2007 04:12 AM
thejuf the usb concept is not new. A few years ago Bob Marley's best of was available on USB too.
Universal Music the Netherlands told me that it will be a limited edition. I will give you an update as soon as I have them/have more info.

28th October 2007 04:38 AM
speedfreakjive my first Stones album, and a classic too
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)