ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Howe was Mick Taylor in DC?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th October 2007 06:13 PM
Nasty Habits I always did enjoy Jeff Beck's version of that old Mingus tune.

But THIS is more appropriate to this thread:

18th October 2007 07:46 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

sandrew is Mel Beli here, no?

I've been outed!
18th October 2007 07:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I've been outed!

so long as your not posting pics of Flavor Flav hanging out at "your" club here. LOL
18th October 2007 07:55 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

so long as your not posting pics of Flavor Flav hanging out at "your" club here. LOL

Or myself dancing onstage with Britney or Madonna ...
19th October 2007 09:23 PM
Lazy Bones show's on Dime...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=167055
26th October 2007 11:02 PM
gypsy Photos courtesy of Scott Wintrow:

27th October 2007 01:06 AM
jpenn11
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Photos courtesy of Scott Wintrow:

Great pix

Many thanks
27th October 2007 01:52 AM
gustavobala thanxs lady jne

he so fat!!!when he will lost weight?

however...no problem, he is a cool gu and a great guitar man1!!!

27th October 2007 12:27 PM
TomL Thanks for the pics. The night before the second Beacon show I went over to the Hard Rock and Flavor Flav was there.
27th October 2007 03:01 PM
SpellingDominatrix
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
wow. What a review. Sounds like a cluster fuck of a show. Glad I didnt go last night.

Was Buddy Miles at this?? Sounds like that crackhead would of fit right in with this mess. Maybe he organized it?

nah, these days he cant barely remember his name

the correct grammatical expression is " would have ", and not "would of"....

and someone "can barely remember his name" or "he can't remember his name"....
27th October 2007 08:16 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
thanxs lady jne

Your thanks is to gypsy. She posted the pics!
And I'm sure she appreciates your kind words.

LJ.
27th October 2007 08:56 PM
Bitch My review for Oct 22nd at The Beacon Theatre:

New York City is the best place to be for concerts and gigs, hell yeah, everyone PUTS OUT!! The gig did not rock, it BLUSED! Oh yes, opening up with FOXY LADY, they played it slow and blusy which set the mood of the event. MICK TAYLOR was hot when he highlighted PURPLE HAZE & ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER! That was all I needed to get into a deep trance, it was mesmerizing! True! MICK TAYLOR was giving great licks, but BUDDY GUY stole the show! He has a larger than life stage presence! There were the 8 guitarists, 3 singers, 3 drummers, ? bass players and keyboardists that filled the stage with excitement and equipment! But let me tell you something people, NO ONE can fill Jimi Hendrix's shoes! There is NO OTHER Jimi, they cant duplicate an original, so everyone on stage was doing their "interpretation" of Jimi, but it's impossible! Jimi had the voice, the guitar sounds, and the looks that no one can immitate. SO, when Jimi's sister comes onto the stage and first announces that Jimi was the greatest guitarist that ever lived, I was wondering about that statement, and after that night was over, I believe it's true! Sorry KEEF, sorry RONNIE, sorry MICK TAYLOR, but Jimi had a distinctive original style. He died too young, but its nice they play tribute to him, its just too bad no one can do him justice!! It was a good night of live music, yet sad that Jimi isnt here to play his own music like only HE can do it!

27th October 2007 10:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
Bitch wrote:
My review for Oct 22nd at The Beacon Theatre:

New York City is the best place to be for concerts and gigs, hell yeah, everyone PUTS OUT!! The gig did not rock, it BLUSED! Oh yes, opening up with FOXY LADY, they played it slow and blusy which set the mood of the event. MICK TAYLOR was hot when he highlighted PURPLE HAZE & ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER! That was all I needed to get into a deep trance, it was mesmerizing! True! MICK TAYLOR was giving great licks, but BUDDY GUY stole the show! He has a larger than life stage presence! There were the 8 guitarists, 3 singers, 3 drummers, ? bass players and keyboardists that filled the stage with excitement and equipment! But let me tell you something people, NO ONE can fill Jimi Hendrix's shoes! There is NO OTHER Jimi, they cant duplicate an original, so everyone on stage was doing their "interpretation" of Jimi, but it's impossible! Jimi had the voice, the guitar sounds, and the looks that no one can immitate. SO, when Jimi's sister comes onto the stage and first announces that Jimi was the greatest guitarist that ever lived, I was wondering about that statement, and after that night was over, I believe it's true! Sorry KEEF, sorry RONNIE, sorry MICK TAYLOR, but Jimi had a distinctive original style. He died too young, but its nice they play tribute to him, its just too bad no one can do him justice!! It was a good night of live music, yet sad that Jimi isnt here to play his own music like only HE can do it!

i'm gonna jam the winterland disc in memorial..........
27th October 2007 11:17 PM
gypsy
quote:
SpellingDominatrix wrote:

the correct grammatical expression is " would have ", and not "would of"....

and someone "can barely remember his name" or "he can't remember his name"....

I like you! The "of" instead of "have" thing annoys the hell out of me.
But, what's worse, is when people say "she don't" and/or "he don't." Those people should be shot.
28th October 2007 10:02 AM
SpellingDominatrix
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I like you! The "of" instead of "have" thing annoys the hell out of me.
But, what's worse, is when people say "she don't" and/or "he don't." Those people should be shot.

Thank you, gypsy.
We sisters have to stick together, even if not all girls wear black vinyl stiletto boots up to their mid-thighs, like I do....
Unfortunately, this board would be rather empty if we were to shoot everyone who makes the occasional mistake when posting, but I have made it my pet "raison d'etre" to improve things (when I'm not too busy whipping executives for a lot of cash).
I mean, what will all those nice folk from Europe think of us... wherever Europe may be.....? Most of them have better use of the English language than us native Americans, embarassing, really, when you stop and think about it....
So, if you'd like to every now and then join in with me in the fight against the "axis of illiteracy", I'd appreciate that very much, gypsy....
[Edited by SpellingDominatrix]
28th October 2007 03:50 PM
GotToRollMe Us native Americans sure could use a lesson in grammar alright.
28th October 2007 04:13 PM
SpellingDominatrix
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Us native Americans sure could use a lesson in grammar alright.

Yes, I sure think we could, GTRM......
28th October 2007 04:25 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
SpellingDominatrix wrote:
Most of them have better use of the English language than us native Americans, embarassing, really, when you stop and think about it....

1. the "n" in "Native Americans" needs to be capitalized.

2. This is a run-on sentence. There should be a period after Americans.

3. You spelled "embarrassing" wrong.

....embarrassed?
28th October 2007 05:05 PM
SpellingDominatrix Not really.
English is the fifth of my languages,all of which I fluently speak and write. The occasional mistake is forgivable, I think.
But you will never catch me saying "would of" instead of "would have", one of many examples for the atrocious crimes perpetuated against the English language on this board.
And the native means as in born and raised in that English-speaking country, thus it is being used geographically, and therefore I believe it is correct.
The others: point taken.
28th October 2007 07:46 PM
jpenn11 Gypsy, are those great photos from DC or New York? Might you have any of Taylor from the other shows on this tour? Many thanks again.

[Edited by jpenn11]
1st November 2007 01:01 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl SO fucking great pix Gypsy, Mick looks great!
1st November 2007 02:16 PM
gimmekeef Geez getta a look at Taylor...Imagine how big Jake Berrys stage pieces would be if he was still in the band.He's lookin like the Voodoo Lounge inflatables these days
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)