ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
17th October 2007 09:59 PM
robpop
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Yeah.LOL.and if the Eagles play this year at half time and Steelers somehow squeek in..They better refuse to go!

Sadly, I must agree. The Pats receivers are no match for the Steelers corners. However, the balanced offense of the Steelers is the key. If we can keep their offense off the field...well who knows. This game coming up in a few weeks could be a shootout.

I believe the Pats still have to play Indy also.
[Edited by robpop]
18th October 2007 01:37 PM
Some Guy
18th October 2007 02:15 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Fuckin' awesome!!!! That asshole still has not shown up for a home game yet.
20th October 2007 11:07 AM
sirmoonie Bizarre article

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7343980
20th October 2007 11:58 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Bizarre article

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7343980

There'll be some flack from this...Strange take on things thats for sure.But the "me guys" regardless of race keep teams from winning....
20th October 2007 06:05 PM
Highwire Rob GO STEELERS!!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
20th October 2007 08:37 PM
robpop Orange Crush. Another gay REM song.

This sucked.

But this is pretty cool.
20th October 2007 08:49 PM
sirmoonie
20th October 2007 09:00 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I was at the Pitt game today. Since the other seve or eight people in attendance were not in my way, I was able to check out the displays in the Great Hall. All kinds of cool shit, even Frenchy's cape (see below) and goldfish boots.
20th October 2007 09:02 PM
mojoman
quote:
robpop wrote:

But this is pretty cool.

no...its hot
20th October 2007 09:29 PM
Highwire Rob ?
20th October 2007 10:48 PM
robpop Could be the first snow game of the year. 2-4 inches forecasted.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USCO0105?from=search_city
20th October 2007 11:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

I was at the Pitt game today. Since the other seve or eight people in attendance were not in my way, I was able to check out the displays in the Great Hall. All kinds of cool shit, even Frenchy's cape (see below) and goldfish boots.

There was some Frenchy in that video. And some cool Shanklin footage - poor guy could have been a star, but he played when the ball rarely got in the air on any team, and he was gone from the Nation before the glory years got going.

Funny seeing Franco - he used to piss me off so much, I've never seen a back get nailed behind the line as many times as he did with that damn stutter step stop he always did, but the speed and power he had once he got through the DL was amazing.
20th October 2007 11:15 PM
robpop That video was well done. Shaft bumped it up to elite status.
21st October 2007 02:45 PM
sirmoonie Pats 42-7 at halftime.

Will they go for 60+? They seem classless enough to do it.

If Brady plays more than a few minutes in the second half, I don't think anyone would be too upset if his arm happened to go out for the rest of the regular season.
21st October 2007 04:16 PM
Martha Former Green Bay receiver Max McGee dies in fall from roof
By STEVE KARNOWSKI, Associated Press Writer
October 21, 2007

AP - Oct 21, 1:53 am EDT

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Max McGee, the unexpected hero of the first Super Bowl and a long-time challenge for Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, died Saturday after falling from the roof of his home, police confirmed. He was 75.

Police were called to the former Green Bay receiver's Deephaven home around 5:20 p.m., Sgt. Chris Whiteside said. Efforts to resuscitate McGee were unsuccessful.

McGee was blowing leaves off the roof when he fell, according to news reports. A phone message left at a number listed for an M. McGee wasn't immediately returned.

"I just lost my best friend," former teammate Paul Hornung told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "(His wife) Denise was away from the house. She'd warned him not to get up there. He shouldn't have been up there. He knew better than that."

Inserted into Packers' lineup when Boyd Dowler was sidelined by a shoulder injury, McGee went on to catch the first touchdown pass in Super Bowl history in Green Bay's 35-10 victory over Kansas City in January 1967. Still hung over from a night on the town, McGee caught seven passes for 138 yards and two TDs.

"Now he'll be the answer to one of the great trivia questions: Who scored the first touchdown in Super Bowl history?" Hornung said. "Vince knew he could count on him. ... He was a great athlete. He could do anything with his hands."

Though an admirer of Lombardi, McGee time and again pushed the tough-as-nails coach to the breaking point.

McGee -- remembered for saying: "When it's third-and-10, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time." -- put Lombardi to the ultimate test prior to the first Super Bowl.

McGee had caught only four passes for 91 yards during the 1966 regular season and, not expecting to play against the Chiefs, violated the team's curfew and spent the night before the game partying.

Reportedly, the next morning he told Dowler: "I hope you don't get hurt. I'm not in very good shape."

Dowler went down with a separated shoulder on the Packers' second drive, and McGee had to borrow a helmet because he left his in the locker room. A few plays later, McGee made a one-handed reception of a pass from Bart Starr and ran 37 yards to score.

"He had a delightful sense of humor and had a knack for coming up with big plays when you least expected it to happen," Packers historian Lee Remmel said. "He had a great sense of timing."

Remmel said McGee once teased Lombardi when the coach showed the team a football on their first meeting and said, "Gentlemen, this is a football."

"McGee said, 'Not so fast, not so fast,"' Remmel said. "That gives you an index to the kind of humor that he served up regularly."

McGee was a running back at Tulane and the nation's top kick returner in 1953.

Selected by the Packers in the fifth round of the 1954 draft, McGee spent two years in the Air Force as a pilot following his rookie year before returning in 1957 to play 11 more seasons. He finished his career with 345 receptions for 6,346 yards -- an 18.4-yard average -- and scored 51 touchdowns and 306 points.

After retiring from football, he became a major partner in developing the popular Chi-Chi's chain of Mexican restaurants. In 1979, he became an announcer for the Packer Radio Network with Jim Irwin until retiring in 1998.

McGee and wife Denise founded the Max McGee National Research Center for Juvenile Diabetes at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee in 1999.

According to the center's Web site, his brother fought diabetes in his lifetime, and Max and Denise's youngest son, Dallas, lives with the disease.

McGee is survived by his wife, four children and several grandchildren.

Funeral arrangements were pending.

Associated Press writer Carrie Antlfinger contributed to this story from Milwaukee.
21st October 2007 04:58 PM
Prodigal Son If I were a Pats fan, I'd be scared of just one thing; the expectations being produced by their dominance. This team is headed toward several offensive records so it kind of puts them in a tough spot where anything but a Super Bowl will be a failure. Then again, the fact they're going to go at least 15-1 makes them home field all the way through and New England hasn't lost a home playoff game since god knows when. Barring some miracle, they'll be in the SB game and no one from the NFC stands much of a chance, be they Dallas, New York, Tampa Bay or Green Bay (four possible NFC champs).
21st October 2007 08:13 PM
robpop It's that time. Grab me one.

21st October 2007 08:16 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
It's that time. Grab me one.

Yeah! Its actually been shown in my area.

We are going to fuck them up.
21st October 2007 08:33 PM
mojoman the birds aint flyin
21st October 2007 11:40 PM
sirmoonie Disturbing.
22nd October 2007 12:57 AM
Nellcote You guys are just hovering for anything to happen with the Pats. Cameragate, WTF? Ask Eric Mangini how that little tactic worked out. Running up the score is for high school games. This is the NFL, where winning is what it's all about. So, last week, Pats are on the 10 yd line with 4 min to go, are we supposed to take a kneel? Give me a break. Did you see Miami score today? Two more td's and they make it a game. Our defense stunk today, so, you send Brady back in. It's about winning the frigging game, right? Hey Moonie, tell that loser coach to find a clue, or you will be the East Coast Chargers soon. All would be good if Bradshaw was QB, right? Sorry, he's not walking thru that door anytime soon. There are teams in the NFL that can beat the Pats, but until anyone does, Pats are targets for every other teams jealousy....Bring it on, just bring it on....
22nd October 2007 01:04 AM
sirmoonie Relax, I was commenting on how it looked at half time. The Dolphins made somewhat of a game of it later, so yeah Brady could legitimately stay in (although its bad coaching risking him like that, IMHGDMFPDO). And yes, your defense sucked fish big time.
22nd October 2007 01:30 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You guys are just hovering for anything to happen with the Pats. Cameragate, WTF? Ask Eric Mangini how that little tactic worked out. Running up the score is for high school games. This is the NFL, where winning is what it's all about. So, last week, Pats are on the 10 yd line with 4 min to go, are we supposed to take a kneel? Give me a break. Did you see Miami score today? Two more td's and they make it a game. Our defense stunk today, so, you send Brady back in. It's about winning the frigging game, right? Hey Moonie, tell that loser coach to find a clue, or you will be the East Coast Chargers soon. All would be good if Bradshaw was QB, right? Sorry, he's not walking thru that door anytime soon. There are teams in the NFL that can beat the Pats, but until anyone does, Pats are targets for every other teams jealousy....Bring it on, just bring it on....

Basically, the message I get from the Patriots is one of self-confidence when they keep piling up points. It's almost as if they shrug and say "What do you want us to do? We're too good to NOT run up the score." It can seem arrogant, but it don't matter. I wish I could cheer for a team so dominant that their ability to pound a team or go so far as to film opponents' sidelines is construed as arrogance.
26th October 2007 03:53 AM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
26th October 2007 08:00 AM
Some Guy sadly, I have no idea if or who the Falcons play.
26th October 2007 08:52 AM
Nellcote Washington presents a tough challenge, as they have a solid, quick defense. Looks like we'll get Seymour back for this game, which will assist greatly. Another battle @ The Razor.

26th October 2007 08:59 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Washington presents a tough challenge, as they have a solid, quick defense. Looks like we'll get Seymour back for this game, which will assist greatly. Another battle @ The Razor.

Yup Nellie....you bust me up sometimes with your respect of opponents...Wont be close...Pats by 14....Only thing could keep it closer is if Pats have eyes on Indy next week
26th October 2007 09:21 AM
Some Guy Colts have been under the radar this year.
26th October 2007 09:27 AM
Nellcote We are focusing on Washington, we are not playing the Colts this week.
Washington is formidible team, playing the in the toughest division in the NFC.
They are coached well, play a solid defense, have players who can be explosive. They are good in all three facets of the game. We'll have our hands full.
After the game, we get about an hour to rest, before Game 4 of the World Series.
Should be a good sports weekend.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)