ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
16th October 2007 02:09 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

The country wintessed some serious Atlantamiliation last night on MNF, T

Hell....another one...I put the channel on parental lock so as not to accidently scroll by the game. My neighbor had 3 extra tickets he couldnt give away...
16th October 2007 02:27 PM
Saint Sway the Falcons receivers dropped more passes than Joey on a Friday night at the Brazenhead Pub
16th October 2007 02:51 PM
Some Guy live by the Vick, die by the Vick.
16th October 2007 02:55 PM
robpop Sunday, its Nation Prime Time.
16th October 2007 02:56 PM
Some Guy The Patriots are scary.
16th October 2007 02:58 PM
Some Guy NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has talked up the possibility of London hosting the Super Bowl in the future.

The Super Bowl, the biggest event in American sport, has never been held outside the USA but Goodell has announced the NFL are looking at the possibility of taking it overseas.

"There's a great deal of interest in having a Super Bowl in London," Goodell said in a news conference on Monday in Phoenix, which will host the 2008 Super Bowl.

"We'll be looking at that."

The Miami Dolphins and New York Giants are due to play at Wembley Stadium in London on October 28.

It will be the second regular-season game the NFL has played on foreign shores after the success of a game between the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City in 2005 - a contest which attracted an NFL record 103,467 fans.

Goodell said that, regardless of whether an overseas Super Bowl were to happen, more regular-season games are in the pipeline.

16th October 2007 03:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
live by the Vick, die by the Vick.

^ truly tasteless posting, whose humor is lost on younger, compassionate, dog-loving posters
16th October 2007 03:51 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has talked up the possibility of London hosting the Super Bowl in the future.

The Super Bowl, the biggest event in American sport, has never been held outside the USA but Goodell has announced the NFL are looking at the possibility of taking it overseas.

"There's a great deal of interest in having a Super Bowl in London," Goodell said in a news conference on Monday in Phoenix, which will host the 2008 Super Bowl.

"We'll be looking at that."

The Miami Dolphins and New York Giants are due to play at Wembley Stadium in London on October 28.

It will be the second regular-season game the NFL has played on foreign shores after the success of a game between the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City in 2005 - a contest which attracted an NFL record 103,467 fans.

Goodell said that, regardless of whether an overseas Super Bowl were to happen, more regular-season games are in the pipeline.

the brits have about as much interest in american football as americans have for soccer,rugby,cricket,yorkshire pudding,kidney pie,spotted dick, jellied eels,oasis,blur,pet shop boys,cliff richard,status quo.........
16th October 2007 04:33 PM
gimmekeef This Goodie Goodie Goodell is an ass....Super Bowl overseas?.....Dumb idea of the century...
16th October 2007 04:56 PM
gimmekeef So..Pats open up 14 pt faves in Miami..Line goes to 17 in minutes....I'd take em at minus 27.5.....Easy money boys...
16th October 2007 08:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
Sunday, its Nation Prime Time.

Be fun humiliating Denver on their lame field again. Christ, they suck. Its 30-13. Drubbage.
16th October 2007 08:35 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Be fun humiliating Denver on their lame field again. Christ, they suck. Its 30-13. Drubbage.

Yup....Perfect time for a bye week. Plently of key injuries. Everybody should be back. Agreed, this should be an easy one. Another home game 1000 miles away from Pittsburgh.
16th October 2007 10:15 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
robpop wrote:

Yup....Perfect time for a bye week. Plently of key injuries. Everybody should be back. Agreed, this should be an easy one. Another home game 1000 miles away from Pittsburgh.

Careful guys Bengals next week..this has trap written all over it...
17th October 2007 10:00 AM
sirmoonie Biggest football news to hit Cleveland since.....I don't know. I really don't.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/more/10/16/kosar.afl.ap/index.html
17th October 2007 11:47 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Hell....another one...I put the channel on parental lock so as not to accidently scroll by the game. My neighbor had 3 extra tickets he couldnt give away...

31-10. Its already been a long season for the Boo Birds.

I havent seen Atlanta getting that torched since... well... since...

17th October 2007 11:52 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

31-10. Its already been a long season for the Boo Birds.

I havent seen Atlanta getting that torched since... well... since...

MVP postin...
17th October 2007 12:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

MVP postin...

do the checkout gals at the grocery store even bother to ask "Paper? Or Plastic?" anymore?

or do they just have a kid stand outside the store and hand out the paper bags to everyone that walks by?
17th October 2007 12:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

do the checkout gals at the grocery store even bother to ask "Paper? Or Plastic?" anymore?

or do they just have a kid stand outside the store and hand out the paper bags to everyone that walks by?

They still have the option, after realizing its hard to suffocate yourself with a paper bag.
17th October 2007 12:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

They still have the option, after realizing its hard to suffocate yourself with a paper bag.

^ thats Immaculate Reception postin
17th October 2007 12:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Sway, I fear, I really do... that the Steelers entire season may result in merely becoming the Patriots flambouyantly faggotty side kicks.
17th October 2007 01:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Sway, I fear, I really do... that the Steelers entire season may result in merely becoming the Patriots flambouyantly faggotty side kicks.

nice post kid.

I can tell you're sportin your lucky Belicheck sweater today!
17th October 2007 01:36 PM
Some Guy Brady the latest Patriot to break the rules
Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am EDT

Getty Images
When it comes to the NFL's uniform police, no one is above the law. The Boston Globe reported New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been fined for not having his chin strap properly buckled.

Reiss reports that Brady's agent, Don Yee, confirmed the fine but would not say how much Brady was fined or which game the violation occurred in.

This isn't the first such fine for the Patriots this season; defensive lineman Ty Warren was fined $7,500 for not having his chin strap buckled in a Sept. 23 game against the Bills. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said teams were notified before the season and reminded multiple times that the league would be cracking down on unbuckled chin straps as an effort to prevent concussions.

17th October 2007 01:39 PM
Saint Sway oooh those law breaking Patriots!!!!!! Such bad boys.

not exactly the '75 Raiders if you know what I mean
17th October 2007 02:14 PM
WinslowStud Browns finally crack the top ten in this week's power rankings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-rankings101607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

it's about time the orange and brown get some national attention. we're on the rise, baby, on the rise!
17th October 2007 02:20 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
Browns finally crack the top ten in this week's power rankings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-rankings101607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

it's about time the orange and brown get some national attention. we're on the rise, baby, on the rise!

Now I know you are from Cleveland..geez..Cole ranks em #11 and Robinson doesnt have em in top 12.....But you say their crackin Top 10????? They are playing much better I'll give you that....But try at least gettin your facts straight....
17th October 2007 02:28 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Oh come on. Do you think it was coincidence that we finally got one for the thumb while the Stones were there?
17th October 2007 03:08 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
robpop wrote:

Oh come on. Do you think it was coincidence that we finally got one for the thumb while the Stones were there?

Yeah.LOL.and if the Eagles play this year at half time and Steelers somehow squeek in..They better refuse to go!
17th October 2007 03:54 PM
robpop
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Yeah.LOL.and if the Eagles play this year at half time and Steelers somehow squeek in..They better refuse to go!

I'm getting sick thinking about it.
17th October 2007 03:55 PM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

looks like the only way the eagles will be at the superbowl this year is if they play during halftime
17th October 2007 07:54 PM
Some Guy When they're not wowing me with their across-the-board excellence or making me marvel at their radically revamped passing attack, the Patriots crack me up.

Minutes after celebrating their last-minute touchdown in a 48-27 thrashing of the Cowboys with the intensity of a high school team clinching victory in a rivalry game, some of the Patriots' players charged into the tunnel leading to the visitors' locker room at Texas Stadium loudly gloating about their triumph, with at least one screaming, "I guess we ate all that popcorn."

This was a reference to the relatively innocuous tag line of a note left for reporters last week by the Cowboys' Terrell Owens: "Getcha popcorn ready," meaning the battle of 5-0 teams would be a hell of a show. A few seconds after beginning an interview session with reporters at his locker, veteran New England safety Rodney Harrison looked at the debris near his feet and asked, "What is this? Popcorn?"

Yep, it sure was. "OK," he said, shrugging for effect. Everyone laughed.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)