ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
6th October 2007 07:55 PM
robpop Winslow, Come get your dog and take him back to the pound. He is no longer needed.

6th October 2007 08:30 PM
Highwire Rob Shit! Is Winslow studmuffin gettin' all mouthy again? I scoured YouTube for a clip of Chuck Woolery doin' his Two in Two hand gesture thing... but I couldn't find it.

2 in 2 -- 2 in 2

So this'll have to do for a Cleveland Brownies moment tomorrow! (As Patriots have you left with only pre-season stat MEMORIES!!!!)

2 in 2 -- 2 in 3

6th October 2007 09:39 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
Cleveland 27, Baltimore 13
Cleveland 27, Baltimore 13

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer
September 30, 2007

AP - Sep 30, 5:04 pm EDT
More Photos

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Picked on for years, the Cleveland Browns finally gave a black eye to one of the NFL's biggest bullies.

Derek Anderson threw two touchdown passes, Jamal Lewis ran for one against his former team and the Browns, considered the 98-pound weaklings of the rugged AFC North, surprised the Baltimore Ravens 27-13 Sunday.

With their second win over a division opponent this month, the Browns (2-2) looked nothing like the inept team that was embarrassed 34-7 in their home opener three weeks ago by Pittsburgh.

Instead, Anderson, who has had a tendency to make poor decisions, made mostly smart ones while throwing two TD passes -- one a 78-yarder to Braylon Edwards -- in the first quarter as the Browns built a 24-6 lead over the stunned Ravens (2-2).

Lewis, released by Baltimore coach Brian Billick in March, got some satisfaction against his former coach and the team he played with for seven seasons. He finished with 64 yards and scored on a disputed 1-yard dive in the second quarter, the first TD rushing given up by the NFL's top run defense this season.

And Cleveland's defense kept Ravens quarterback Steve McNair on his heels and didn't give up a touchdown until the fourth quarter.

September was viewed as crucial for Browns coach Romeo Crennel's job security, and a .500 overall record and a 2-1 mark within the division should end any talk of a coaching change in Cleveland.

And as for changing quarterbacks, Anderson could keep rookie Brady Quinn on the bench longer than anyone thought possible.

The Ravens, who didn't have Pro Bowl tackle Jonathan Ogden for the third straight week, were reeling from the start.

Steve McNair, nursing an injured groin, attempted a career-high 53 passes. McNair threw an interception in the first quarter, and the Browns capitalized on the next play, when Anderson hit a wide-open Edwards to make it 14-0.

Phil Dawson kicked two field goals for the Browns, and everyone was in such a good mood late in the fourth quarter even Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards, a Michigan graduate, took part in rival Ohio State's signature "O-H-I-O" sing-a-long.

Willis McGahee had 104 yards on 14 carries against a Cleveland defense allowing 176 yards per game.

The Ravens had not given up a TD rushing in 2007 before Lewis leaped over the pile from the 1 to give the Browns a 24-3 lead.

The Browns, who didn't wake up until it was too late last week in a loss at Oakland, came out firing.

Kellen Winslow's first catch, a 25-yarder on third down, helped set up a 2-yard TD pass from Anderson to Joe Jurevicius. Winslow played with a partially dislocated left shoulder.

The Ravens drove to Cleveland's 27 on their first possession, but McNair's pass into double coverage was intercepted by Leigh Bodden.

Nine seconds later, the Browns were up 14-0 when Anderson found Edwards alone down the left sideline for a 78-yard TD. Pro Bowl cornerback Chris McAllister inexplicably cut inside as Edwards broke out before hauling in Anderson's toss and sprinting to the end zone untouched.

The Ravens closed within 27-13 on McNair's 4-yard pass to Quinn Sypniewski with 7:14 left. But despite getting the ball back two more times, McNair couldn't put together one of his patented late-game comebacks.

WHAT DOES ONE DO ON FOOTBALL SUNDAYS WHEN YOUR TEAM IS EXTINCT(96-98)?
6th October 2007 10:15 PM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

WHAT DOES ONE DO ON FOOTBALL SUNDAYS WHEN YOUR TEAM IS EXTINCT(96-98)?

that post is so strong you may be accused of steroids use.
7th October 2007 01:00 AM
robpop OK we got that bad beat out of our way.....now on with business...

7th October 2007 10:36 AM
robpop This is why Seattle will never win a Super Bowl. Never. This is the type of fans that they have.

7th October 2007 10:52 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
This is why Seattle will never win a Super Bowl. Never. This is the type of fans that they have.

I think that dude posts here, runs with the Oprah crowd.

Anyway, today its Steelers 27, Seahawks 13.

I should know. I used to romp with Jimmy the Greek's daughter.
7th October 2007 12:39 PM
Some Guy Do not look past the Seahawks.
7th October 2007 12:49 PM
WinslowStud
7th October 2007 12:50 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:

Ugh
7th October 2007 08:35 PM
robpop
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:

Pac Man, Ray-Ray, Mexico, fucking teletubbies.....Chris Henry, chronic.....strippers....Fucking guns, even Hennessy

[Edited by robpop]
8th October 2007 11:46 AM
Nellcote We played a C level game yesterday.
Our offense was flat, defense allowed
too many points. We need to tighten our game in several areas.
Browns are behind us, we are focusing on Dallas.
They are one of the NFC's best teams.
We will have our hands full.
8th October 2007 01:07 PM
Some Guy Yeah, I need a timeout, time to make my mind up. Substitutes allowed, I'll be back next season with a bang!
10th October 2007 09:40 PM
robpop Vinny Testaverde signed today with the Panthers. How did the Falcons miss him?
10th October 2007 10:18 PM
sirmoonie Funny how it turns out all these Cowboy fans are closet Romosexuals.
10th October 2007 10:23 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Funny how it turns out all these Cowboy fans are closet Romosexuals.

Fuck 'em, fuck 'em all.
11th October 2007 12:05 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Funny how it turns out all these Cowboy fans are closet Romosexuals.

"Romosexuals"- newer members may be unable to get behind or endorse this phrase.
14th October 2007 03:22 PM
Some Guy Who will show his ass today- TO or Moss??
14th October 2007 05:15 PM
WinslowStud Browns score 41 points today.

Derek Anderson league MVP?

Discuss.
14th October 2007 06:57 PM
robpop
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
Browns score 41 points today.

Derek Anderson league MVP?

Discuss.

The Nation is off today. Check back next week.

14th October 2007 07:08 PM
mojoman
quote:
robpop wrote:
Vinny Testaverde signed today with the Panthers. How did the Falcons miss him?

with the way chad played today the jets must miss him...well at least the birds won if they would have lost against the jets well lests not go there..........
14th October 2007 09:01 PM
Prodigal Son Cowboys fan here and I expected this loss. I didn't like how Bellicheat ran up the score there but this was no blowout. But when you're great, you flaunt it and I have tons of respect for that franchise. For once, a team actually stuck with the Pats and held a lead in the 2nd half but it couldn't last. Their offense was stupendous and wore down Dallas' D. Our secondary already sucked but New England took it to a whole new level. New England's defense was decent enough even though Romo had a bounce back game.

But Romo, and I do love the guy, is no Brady. Man, switch offenses and Brady could maybe do even more damage with Whitten and Owens and Barber to work with. He's on a mission to shatter all of Peyton's single season marks here and prove in the end how he will be up on top of everyone, including that INT/win/TD record holder Favre, by the end of his career. Hopefully the Boys realize what it takes and don't falter too much en route to topping the NFC, anything from 11-5 to 15-1 would be a satisfying end result for me. 14 or 15 wins would set a franchise record too. The Pats are gunning for 16 at this rate. 48-27 ouchie!
14th October 2007 09:08 PM
Nellcote Wade Phillips was a girly man this week for flapping his jaws about Cameragate. I am glad they rung up the score. It's such an old topic, he even tried to send SI's Peter King out there to say the Super Bowl wins are jaundiced. What you saw in the 2nd 1/2 was an old school ass-whopping. Romo was the only person in the post pressers who had any class.
Our defense was porous, we probably will get Seymour back next week which will help.
It's all rear-view mirror stuff now.
It's on to Miami now, where we always have fits.
I do not care if the are 0-6, they are a division opponent.
15th October 2007 12:20 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Cowboys fan here and I expected this loss. I didn't like how Bellicheat ran up the score there but this was no blowout.

Sorry, but I disagree - that game was a blowout, and even the 21 point diff doesn't reflect that.

Nobody can handle the Patriots right now.
15th October 2007 07:05 AM
egon speaking of Football;
I saw "we are marshall" yesterday.
It was very long.
15th October 2007 07:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Found this googling around. I emailed around to a few folks yesterday. I hope someone finds it of interest.

No sour grapes from retired Bledsoe
The Dallas Morning News
October 14, 2007
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/101407dnspocowsider.31a51f3.html
15th October 2007 09:43 AM
gimmekeef Unless Brady gets "Kimo'ed" its all over...Incredible team without Maroney and their best DL Seymour.Indy will give em a game but thats it.Any chance the Pats are figurin a way to circumvent the salary cap?...How could they have been $20 million under after last year?.
15th October 2007 12:43 PM
Some Guy it's like they were in the Cowboys huddle
15th October 2007 06:47 PM
robpop Where's that dude who wanted to argue with me last year when I told him that Dave Wannstedt was not the cause of the Dolphins problems. Man, you are proving me more wrong every week.
16th October 2007 10:39 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
it's like they were in the Cowboys huddle

The country wintessed some serious Atlantamiliation last night on MNF, T
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)