ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick charms and dazzles a starstruck webjournalist Return to archive
November 5th, 2004 03:22 PM
Monkey Woman I don't know about you, but I'm a devoted reader of CHUD.com, the crazy-as-hell, self-deriding, genre-loving movie website.
And last month, one of their reviewers found his way into the Alfie press conference in NY, and got to ask Mick a question. Though severely star-struck by the proximity of one of his heroes, he managed to not lose it completely. But I think the question he intended to ask first was more interesting than the one Mick actually answered.

Read it all here: http://chud.com/interviews/370
November 5th, 2004 03:27 PM
jb Nice read...
November 5th, 2004 03:49 PM
Moonisup Josh # 1 stonesfan
November 5th, 2004 03:51 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Josh # 1 stonesfan

http://www.mtv.com/chooseorlose/headlines/news.jhtml?id=1493383
November 6th, 2004 06:09 AM
Monkey Woman And, also from CHUD, here's director Charles Shyer's comments on how he worked with Mick:

--------------------

Q: How do you get someone like Mick Jagger to do songs for your soundtrack?

Shyer: Dave Stewart said to me early on, “you know, I think that Mick should replace Sonny Rollins” who did the original saxophone score. He should be the voice of Alfie. I have to
admit..I love Mick Jagger, I love the Rolling Stones, but he’s such a strong force, and the minute you hear his voice are you going to be taken out of the movie? I like resisting sometimes. And then they wrote a couple songs together and immediately, when I heard that line “You won’t let the love in”, it was the movie. He just captured the vibe of the movie so well. And he wanted to do that! He read the script and saw some footage. I was nervous, you know. I said that it had to be my movie and I’m giving him all these rules and Dave said that it was like I was interviewing Mick Jagger!

I got real sensitive. I’m not Keith Richards. I’m just a movie director. It’s gotta be my movie. And he said, “Yeah, I understand, man. You’re the director.” It was great. He’s a really hard worker and he’s a remarkable guy. He would come into the studio and he’d sing and he’d come back and say “I can do this word better”. He’s a total perfectionist and it was a joy! It was really great.

http://chud.com/interviews/399