ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I LOVE STATE OF SHOCK!!!! Return to archive
November 4th, 2004 12:07 PM
Ronnie B. Wood I LOVE STATE OF SHOCK!!!! I LOVE STATE OF SHOCK!!!! I LOVE STATE OF SHOCK!!!!
November 4th, 2004 12:11 PM
jb This was another low moment for Jagger...another self-indulgent product(see Alfie) at the expense of the band. At times, I understand why Keith hates him so much.
November 4th, 2004 12:18 PM
Ronnie B. Wood and start me up, brown sugar, jumpin jack flash, miss you, honky tonk, its only rnr (where's tina? ), ycagwyw sound GREAT!!
November 4th, 2004 12:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
At times, I understand why Keith hates him so much.

word.

someday, when I win the lottery. I am going to invest my millions in a little micro chip that will go in Mick's brain and allow me to control his awful music decisions and prevent him from doing such embarrassing things to the Stones legacy like duets with Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, etc..

the "Mick chip" will be the greatest invention ever. It will mean no more crappy poppy solo records. No more songs being sold to cheezy tv ads. No more bad songs. Just old school rock and roll! A kick ass Sticky Fingers-ish new record!

with the "Mich chip" I will make Mick denounce his "sir" title and tell the Queen to kiss his ass. And the Stones will play marathon shows at seedy clubs all over the world!

someday... someday...

November 4th, 2004 01:40 PM
F505 State of Shock is the biggest piece of shit Mick Jagger has EVER recorded!
November 4th, 2004 01:51 PM
Monkey Woman Hey, RBW, are you talking about the unnecessary Mick/Michael Jackson duet or the steaming hot version Mick did with Tina Turner at Live Aid?

To those who *really* think Keith hates Mick... Then why does he go on recording and touring with him? Why does he agree to so many "bad" decisions?

I rest my case.
November 4th, 2004 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Hey, RBW, are you talking about the unnecessary Mick/Michael Jackson duet or the steaming hot version Mick did with Tina Turner at Live Aid?

To those who *really* think Keith hates Mick... Then why does he go on recording and touring with him? Why does he agree to so many "bad" decisions?

I rest my case.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
November 4th, 2004 01:56 PM
F505 Will all your money buy me forgiveness?
November 4th, 2004 02:00 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oooh, jb, that's a harsh judgement on Keith!
November 4th, 2004 02:32 PM
F505 when you're down in the hole
November 4th, 2004 02:48 PM
Monkey Woman So, is Keith in the hole or just jb?
November 4th, 2004 03:55 PM
F505
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
So, is Keith in the hole or just jb?

Is this a rhetorical question?
November 4th, 2004 08:54 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
This was another low moment for Jagger...another self-indulgent product(see Alfie) at the expense of the band. At times, I understand why Keith hates him so much.

Yes, but at least he had a Top 3 hit on US and his new singles barely can make the charts.
November 4th, 2004 09:11 PM
Saint Sway fuck it. lets not argue with each other.

instead...

lets pool all our money together and invent the "Mick chip" and have it surgically implanted in his brain. And then rule the world, have the Stones kick major ass and reep all the rewards

whose with me?
November 5th, 2004 05:06 AM
Gazza I'll go along with that as long as a "thirty dollars a ticket" chip is also implanted....
November 5th, 2004 06:16 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
lets pool all our money together and invent the "Mick chip" and have it surgically implanted in his brain. And then rule the world, have the Stones kick major ass and reep all the rewards
whose with me?

Right on! Let's raise a charity. Let's hold parties and sell Mick Chip T-Shirts

And by the way, Keith doesn't hate Mick, and I don't understand how you came up with that idea jb. I mean, having spent 90% of their lives together, they must be more like family than anything else. And you can fight, you can call each other names and stuff, you can hate what they're doing or how they're acting but you can't hate them. That's what I think. Including the $$$$ aspects.

November 5th, 2004 07:01 AM
Jumacfly Good point!
and dont forget that without Keith, Mick can t make much $$$$$$$$$$$$$!!
November 5th, 2004 07:03 AM
Gazza anyone who talks about someone else using words like "we cant get divorced" is clearly someone with a serious obsession.

They both use their obsession with each other as a muse for songwriting. Even what appear to be straightforward love songs to women - such as Worried About You, Sweethearts Together or All About You - are equally about their own relationship.

Check out the lyrics for All About You, which Keith has even admitted ended up being more about Mick than it is about Anita. That sums up his love-hate fixation more than anything - especially the last couple of lines.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 5th, 2004 07:09 AM
Jumacfly could anyone post the lyrics of "all about you" here to confirm gazza's (or G8 ) post??
November 5th, 2004 07:18 AM
Gazza LOL....here y'go

ALL ABOUT YOU
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Well if you call this a life
Why must I spend it with you?
If the show must go on
Let it go on without you
So sick and tired hanging around with jerks like you

Who'll tell me those lies
And let me think they're true?
What am I to do
You want it, I got it too

Though the lies might be true
That's just cause the joke's about you
I'm so sick and tired hanging around with dogs like you
You're the first to get blamed, always the last bitch to get paid

Oh, tell me those lies
Let me think they're true
I heard one or two
They weren't about me, they weren't about her
They were all about you

I may miss you
But missing me just isn't you
I'm so sick and tired hanging around with dogs like you

Tell me those lies
Let me think they're true
I heard one or two, and they weren't about me, they weren't about her
They're all about you
I'm so sick and tired
What should I do
You want it, you get it...
So how come I'm still in love with you?

November 5th, 2004 11:56 AM
jb I don't think that is true anymore-or at least for the last 2 decades..they rarely, if ever, collaborate on songs and as a result thereof, we get bits and pieces which never reach their potential.....there hatred towards one another is patently clear to all and they simply keep the thing going for $$$$ and fame....they could care less about the music....
November 5th, 2004 12:09 PM
F505 JB your hatred toward the Stones is growing with every thread!