ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I hate to be the one to start it- but who are you voting for? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 3rd, 2004 05:11 AM
gypsy RO gets my vote for best Rolling Stones Board all-around!
November 3rd, 2004 05:34 AM
Jumping Jack Am I the only one who voted for Keef?
November 3rd, 2004 05:56 AM
beer If there is anything that i've learned here on Rocks Off: it's that Political discussions rule!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right!!

I voted..

..for your mama.

-
November 3rd, 2004 06:30 AM
Nellcote ROCK ON!!!
W is in the HOUSE!!!!
November 3rd, 2004 07:12 AM
exile I dont want to get in any more political arguements

I did vote for John Howard in Australian election
I disagree with his pro iraq war views

However he has done a fine job of running Australia and so i voted for him again..better than that other clown that was running

As far as the american election goes.... well i have to say its not my country so i cannot really comment
November 3rd, 2004 07:28 AM
Zeeta A sad day for all...that said Kerry in my opinion was a really poor Democratic candidate, very wooden and whose main quality was simply that he was not G W Bush!

Anyway congrats to Repubs!
November 3rd, 2004 07:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't know what it's like everywhere else in the country, but I marked my ballot yesterday WITH A PENCIL. All someone would need to have is an eraser to change the ballot. I would have thought they'd have at least used an ink pen or a marker.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
November 3rd, 2004 07:43 AM
Taptrick

I watched my wife use a pencil - but she was able to watch it go from her hands into a scanner prior to any possibility of erasing. I voted absentee; punchcard; MO.
November 3rd, 2004 07:47 AM
Taptrick

I found it interesting that every network out there gave CA to Kerry with 0% of the precincts reporting less than 2 hours after the polls closed...while holding back OH with 99% reporting, with a 140,000 vote lead (Bush), several hours after polls closed. Reminded me of last time when thney had given FL to Gore but the polls kept showing Bush ahead on the bottom ticker even as they said Gore won.
November 3rd, 2004 07:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I don't know what it's like everywhere else in the country, but I marked my ballot yesterday WITH A PENCIL. All someone would need to have is an eraser to change the ballot. I would have thought they'd have at least used an ink pen or a marker.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

we use pencils here as well. I always thought that in this day and age its a somewhat archaic way to cast your vote, especially with methods of voter fraud getting more sophisticated all the time.
November 3rd, 2004 08:05 AM
mac_daddy it doesn't look good for kerry...

i am totally out of the mainstream - when did the evangelical christians and war-hawks become the majority in this country..?

in CA, too! i mean, we know the state is going with the democratic candidates, but upholding the three strikes law? OK'g a dna daabase, when these short-sighted folks havent even clearly thought through (or even completely assessed) the ramifications for such a thing. and, they voted in favor of the few native american tribes that control the gaming in the state... all of these measures passed convincingly...

i totally disillusioned and disheartened. at least with age, you realize that 4 years is not an eternity, and hopefully most of w's mistakes will be manageable (the way many of you must have felt with 8 years of clinton)...

hopefully powell sticks around, because if he resigns, and we get another mandate-driven, war-hawk like cheney or rumsfield, we are in serious trouble. and that is my biggest fear (that and the fact that this guy, whose morals do NOT jibe with mine in many instances, might have a hand in shaping the supreme court makeup)...

all of this other sh*t, like his heinous tax cuts and overall fiscal policy, can be turned around in time, and four more years is barely a blip on the radar screeen...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 3rd, 2004 08:16 AM
Nellcote Kerry was out of touch with the heart of America.

He treated the average American like a peasant.

Imagine, he had 10,000 people in downtown Boston
last night, standing for seven-ten hours, waiting for
him to say anything. All the time, listening to Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, James Taylor singing these songs of winning.
The guy could not even come out and say, "be patient, we are waiting for all the votes to come in" Thank the people for coming. Instead, he sends out the VP wannabe to shill for him.

Kerry could not lower himself to the very people who made up the backbone of his support. Great way to say thanks to your followers.

He needs to pack this in now, to save the country from any further division, as the margin for his winning is far too great.

But, I predict, and hope I'm wrong, he will not, and he will fight this out.

What a country....
November 3rd, 2004 08:18 AM
LadyJane In a country that is so rich, so powerful, so technologically advanced, why the fuck don't we have a uniform, state of the art system for casting a vote??? Here we are again four years later counting paper ballots and reading about broken polling machines.

How are we supposed to bring democracy to Iraq, when we don't even have it nailed down right here at home?????

The irony is almost too much to stomach.

LJ.

November 3rd, 2004 08:47 AM
caro >He needs to pack this in now, to save the country from any further division, as the margin for his winning is far too great.

What "further division"?! Going by your reasoning, there shouldn't have been an election at all. Debates, ads against Bush... That Kerry guy must be unpatriotic to dare to run against the president.
And no, Kerry doesn't need to give up now. At this point, a Bush victory is very probable, but not certain.
November 3rd, 2004 08:48 AM
glencar But even the "tecnologically advanced" methods that some states used were subject to cheating (by Dems, natch!) and breakdowns (in FLA, natch!). I don't think a country of our size needs uniform voting. Using a pencil seems archaic though. And I can't wait for Abscess Hollywood to interview all those idiots who were pushing Kerry. P. Diddy, we hardly knew ye!
November 3rd, 2004 08:54 AM
LadyJane I'd keep the gloating down, glenny...considering it was NOT a landslide by any stretch of the imagination.

Bush, once again, has NO mandate!!

LJ.
November 3rd, 2004 09:09 AM
Taptrick

Largest vote total for a president in the history of american....better percentage than Clinton ever performed at (he never made 50)
November 3rd, 2004 09:15 AM
Nellcote LJ, all due respect, however, if W has over 3 mil more votes than JFK, has the electoral college wrapped up, how can you not think he does not have the mandate? Math is math. He got more votes than Reagan did during his 1st election. Would we not all say the same about Kerry if the shoe was on the other foot?
November 3rd, 2004 09:33 AM
Riffhard LadyJane I hate to dissagree with you here,but 51% of the popular vote and the largest vote total ever gives Bush a very clear and decisive mandate. Not to mention picking up four more seats in the Senate and the majority of governorships. I mean shit Daschal is out on his ass now too! That's some mandate! The country has rejected the politics of Hollywood and Europe as well. Bin Laden must be livid!

Riffhard
November 3rd, 2004 09:33 AM
LadyJane 58,296,120 votes IS impressive. HOWEVER, there were also 54,778,889 cast AGAINST President Bush. IMHO there is no mandate.

What REALLY disturbs me is the division in this country. Will it get any better??? I fear it won't.

LJ.
November 3rd, 2004 09:42 AM
glencar What would he have needed for a mandate? This is clearly a mandate. The others have listed the reason & if I get a bit "gloat-y" today, let me have it. I'd have afforded you the same had the situation been reversed. BTW Maybe the "division" will stop when Dems stop slashing GOP tires in Wisconsin. Some idiots were yelling, "Assassinate Bush!" in the background of MSNBC's broadcast last night.
November 3rd, 2004 10:32 AM
LadyJane glenny..there are idiots on both sides of the aisle. I'm tired...and I don't care to argue anymore. I'll never change the way I feel about President Bush...I don't trust him and his policies frighten me as a liberal Democrat.

That said...congratulations to you. Your party fought a good fight.

Now...as much as I love it...isn't that avatar going to get you into trouble with some of the more right wing members of your party????? I can hear it know..."He's aligning himself with the French. He must be expelled from the Party."

I need coffee......

LJ.
November 3rd, 2004 10:34 AM
glencar Why would it get me in trouble? We GOPers have good senses of humor. Who'd want to be a Kerry-like prig? LOL
November 3rd, 2004 10:59 AM
gustavobala i vote kerry

partial here
kerry 9
bush 5
November 4th, 2004 08:28 AM
Taptrick
I think winning by almost 4 million is most impressive. In the last 10 Presidential elections how many Democrats have won 51% of the Presidential vote? Only one - Jimmy Carter. How many won the house, the senate, and the Presidency...I believe none. 96% of the counties in the US are now red....96%. It is an unavoidably, unsurpassed accomplishment regardless of where you stand. Democratic planners are momentarily stunned. And the race for 08 begins now....

~
Page: 1 2