ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fleetwood: "Stones Blew Me Away" Return to archive
November 1st, 2004 10:00 PM
Soldatti FLEETWOOD: STONES BLEW ME AWAY

Veteran rocker MICK FLEETWOOD is a huge fan of JET because they bring him memories of the ROLLING STONES in their early sixties infancy.

The FLEETWOOD MAC legend believes SIR MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS still don't receive the recognition they deserve as songwriters, but he saw their talent right from the start.

The 62-year old says, "I like Jet. They're from Australia and sound like the early Rolling Stones. And I don't go far without listening to the Stones themselves. BETWEEN THE BUTTONS I like best.

"I just love their early songwriting period which documents the reality for me - which is that Mick and Keith don't get the credit they deserve. They're so cavalier about being Rolling Stones and they've never tried to position themselves as 'we're craftsmen songwriters'.

"But they wrote so many fantastic songs - UNDER MY THUMB, BACKSTREET GIRL, SATISFACTION. I toured with the Stones in the early sixties; me and PETER BARDENS in THE CHEYNES, we were the backing band for THE RONETTES who were on the same package - the Stones, The Ronettes, and then some of the old brigade, MARTY WILDE and THEY SWINGING BLUE JEANS - and the Stones just totally blew me away."

01/11/2004 10:39

November 1st, 2004 10:31 PM
Mel Belli That's a great point. A lot of fans focus on the '68-'72 period and the Stones' continual greatness as a live act.

But even before the Big Four, Mick and Keith were excellent pop songwriters--maybe not as good as Lennon/McCartney, because it wasn't their strength, but the fact that they had that capacity makes them all the more untouchable in my book.

They could give you "Backstreet Girl" as well as "All Down the Line" and "Bitch" and ... "Miss You." Really, what other band can boast that?
November 2nd, 2004 07:58 AM
glencar Wings?
November 2nd, 2004 10:06 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wings?

Oh MY !!!!! You are SASSY ! (R)
November 2nd, 2004 10:08 AM
jb ART GARFUNKEL SAID FLEETWOOD MAC WERE MUCH BETTER SONGWRITERS THAN THE STONES.
November 2nd, 2004 10:23 AM
Joey " ART GARFUNKEL SAID FLEETWOOD MAC WERE MUCH BETTER SONGWRITERS THAN THE STONES. "
<---------------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when you and I saw Paul and Artie in Denver at the PCenter last fall ?!?!?

|
|
|
|
V

[ Edited by ]

[Edited by Joey]
November 2nd, 2004 08:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
ART GARFUNKEL SAID FLEETWOOD MAC WERE MUCH BETTER SONGWRITERS THAN THE STONES.

WTF?
November 2nd, 2004 08:54 PM
jpenn11 When he said "Fleetwood Mac", did he mean

Peter Green

or

Stevie Nicks?

Incidentally, since when did Art become an authority?
November 3rd, 2004 07:55 PM
Blind Dog McGhee anyone heard Mic Fleedwoot's new band?
November 3rd, 2004 09:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Blind Dog McGhee wrote:
anyone heard Mic Fleedwoot's new band?

Thank god no!
November 4th, 2004 11:39 AM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Thank god no!

lol, just heard one tune on the radio and it wasnt bad. wondered how the rest was.
November 4th, 2004 11:55 AM
jb Peter Greene is Jewish....
November 4th, 2004 12:02 PM
Saint Sway Fleetwood Mac is awful. Mick Fleetwood is an ass clown. Of course, the Stones "blew him away" - hes a talentless hack and the Stones are THE SHIT!

do we really need posts like this? "Hey, the keyboardist from Journey thinks the Stones rocked!"
well, who the hell cares?
November 4th, 2004 12:08 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
do we really need posts like this? "Hey, the keyboardist from Journey thinks the Stones rocked!"

Then who are we?
November 4th, 2004 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Fleetwood Mac is awful. Mick Fleetwood is an ass clown. Of course, the Stones "blew him away" - hes a talentless hack and the Stones are THE SHIT!

Good Post!!!
November 4th, 2004 12:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
ART GARFUNKEL SAID FLEETWOOD MAC WERE MUCH BETTER SONGWRITERS THAN THE STONES.

What? I can't believe that even Art Garfunkle would say something that numb. If he did, he was just having a bad hair day.