ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most obscure Stones fact Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
October 30th, 2004 11:01 PM
MP What is the most obscure Stones fact that you can come up with? Hopefully something none of us knows.
October 30th, 2004 11:11 PM
Gazza bit of a contradiction because if its obscure, we woudnt know it....

but I like the fact that the cover of Get Yer Ya Ya's Out is based on a line from Bob Dylan's "Visions of Johanna" four years earlier, namely

"jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule...."
October 30th, 2004 11:15 PM
MP Good one, Gazza.

and yes...bit of a contradiction on my part...hey...im dazed and confused....ready to hit the sack...what can I say...
October 30th, 2004 11:44 PM
Soldatti Thanks for that fact!
October 31st, 2004 08:56 AM
luxury1 well,this is a Mick somewhat obscure fact. One of his eyes has a piece of brown in the iris. I know, I know, what a fuckin groupie...............
October 31st, 2004 04:16 PM
kath and he's got that gold tooth....

keith is circumcised.

if there is anything "obscure" i'd like to hear it....
October 31st, 2004 04:17 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
kath wrote:
and he's got that gold tooth....

keith is circumcised.

if there is anything "obscure" i'd like to hear it....

Gold? I thought it was a diamond stud...
October 31st, 2004 04:50 PM
gypsy I thought it was a diamond too. I remember he had a sapphire or an emerald--either way, someone told him it looked like he had food in his teeth, prompting our vain little Mick to replace the jewel with a diamond.
October 31st, 2004 05:28 PM
Gazza He originally had a ruby inserted and then someone remarked it looked likd blood - he then had an emerald put in instead until it was pointed out that when he smiled it looked like he had a bit of spinach stuck in his teeth.
October 31st, 2004 05:44 PM
Back Street Girl In the 60s Keith collected animals with pink eyes.
October 31st, 2004 06:17 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
He originally had a ruby inserted and then someone remarked it looked likd blood - he then had an emerald put in instead until it was pointed out that when he smiled it looked like he had a bit of spinach stuck in his teeth.

It think it's an urban legend and Mick seems to have started it himself. Of course, he didn't begin with testing how random gems looked in his teeth! Sometime in the '70s, Mick just had a diamond stud inserted in an upper incisor. He wasn't the first to do that BTW, nor the last.

Of course, he was asked about it by several people, among them journalists. And as usual with Mick, what he said to them contained a little truth mixed with lots of self-humour. On one occasion, he stated quite simply that he wanted to be pretty. Another time, he slyly pointed out that "Buddy Guy has a huge enormous diamond set in his teeth. Being a discreet white person(!), I had a tiny one inserted in mine." And on another occasion, he joked that he tried first a ruby, that it looked like blood in his teeth, etc. Obviously, the story caught, I've read it repeated in identical terms in nearly every Mick biography.

Mick still has that diamond stud, AFAIK.
October 31st, 2004 06:50 PM
stonedinaustralia keith appears in "barbarella" as a tree
October 31st, 2004 08:21 PM
kath see, not an obscure fact at all.....

(lurks away ashamed...)
October 31st, 2004 08:53 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Ronnie has gills.
October 31st, 2004 09:10 PM
Mr Hess
quote:
Gazza wrote:

but I like the fact that the cover of Get Yer Ya Ya's Out is based on a line from Bob Dylan's "Visions of Johanna" four years earlier, namely

I heard that Bill Wyman said the Ya'Ya's title came from some old blues tune from the 1920's.
Gotta look this up in his 'Blues Odyessy' book...
October 31st, 2004 10:11 PM
glencar But the cover art was based on Dylan's song. The "Got Live If You Want It" title is based on the song title "Got LOVE If You Want It" by M. Waters.
October 31st, 2004 10:22 PM
Zack Brian is the only "flower" on the cover of Flowers without a leaf on the stem.
November 1st, 2004 04:56 AM
corgi37 Keith sung in the choir during the Queens (fuck what do you call it???) - oh hell, her induction as Queen.

Jagger is 1/2 Aussie.

November 1st, 2004 05:00 AM
corgi37 Coronation! Thats it. Keith was in the choir at the Queens coronation.

Jagger is still 1/2 Aussie.

Bill wore that fucking light blue colored suit EVERYWHERE in 81. On tour. Press stuff. Even his "Je sui un rock star" clip.

Bill Wyman is the "snorer" between tracks on Satanic Majesties album.
November 1st, 2004 05:14 AM
Gazza Mick's first TV appearance was on a sports fitness show called "Seeing Sport" in 1957 during an instruction on rock climbing presented by his father (who was a physical education teacher)

Bill was the only member of the Stones to undergo military service. He served in the RAF before conscription was abolished in the UK in 1960. Kind of ironic when you consider that one of the reasons he quit the band over three decades later was - because he had developed a fear of flying...
November 1st, 2004 05:42 AM
beer Charlie played the role of C3PO in the first Star Wars movie...

High and Dry was written about Joey's "Shy Bladder Syndrome".

-
November 1st, 2004 06:33 AM
telecaster Mick likes Becks beer

How do I know?

I have a photo of him at my boss's house sitting in the same chair I always used to sit in drinkng a Becks!

My boss also had Keith stay at his house in LA for a couple weeks during the Exile promotion

Oh the stories! More later
November 1st, 2004 07:18 AM
Gazza When the Stones were recording Voodoo Lounge in Dublin in 1993, the young assistant engineer who worked on the album, Alastair McMillan (a friend of a friend of mine), had his apartment burgled and most of his clothes stolen.

To cheer him up, Keith took the guy out the next day and purchased an entire new wardrobe of clothes for him. he then invited him over to stay with Keith and his family for a couple of weeks in LA the following spring.
November 1st, 2004 07:33 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Chuck Leavell has a tail.
November 1st, 2004 10:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MP wrote:
Hopefully something none of us knows.

On this board????? Kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack. Or it would have to be so obscure as to be almost meaningless. But I never back down from a dare so I'll try, even though I suppose its futile.
November 1st, 2004 10:59 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Jagger is still 1/2 Aussie.

Thus the reasoning for the sixty shows in Australia alone during the " Licks " tour .

Corgi is STILL the King !

November 1st, 2004 11:04 AM
jb Charlie being partly Jewish.....
November 1st, 2004 12:10 PM
kath i could smell that one comin'......
November 1st, 2004 12:13 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
i could smell that one comin'......

It's true 51!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{WTF}??????????????
November 1st, 2004 12:24 PM
glencar The Stones have had 8 US #1 singles.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6