ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: gazza again Return to archive
November 4th, 2004 09:38 AM
headshrinker "Throw me out of here" if you want. i can't say i'll be bitterly dissapointed. i will agree to disagree but everything i said about oasis was true and i'm not ignorant and arrogant, u r for not accepting facts.

>I just happened to think they peaked on their first album

if u had really only said that i could have understood your point but u did'nt.

>I dont need a pointless oneupmanship-style lecture along the lines of "I got it before you did".

OH MY GOD!!! you said that first and i was just taking the piss. stop throughing you toys out of your pram.

and don't lecture me on a bands history that i already know
November 4th, 2004 09:44 AM
Monkey Woman God, could you get even more immature, headshrinker? Some people know when to quit, y'know
November 4th, 2004 09:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
headshrinker wrote:
"Throw me out of here" if you want. i can't say i'll be bitterly dissapointed. i will agree to disagree but everything i said about oasis was true and i'm not ignorant and arrogant, u r for not accepting facts.

>I just happened to think they peaked on their first album

if u had really only said that i could have understood your point but u did'nt.

>I dont need a pointless oneupmanship-style lecture along the lines of "I got it before you did".

OH MY GOD!!! you said that first and i was just taking the piss. stop throughing you toys out of your pram.

and don't lecture me on a bands history that i already know

who cares???
how many threads will you open ???
November 4th, 2004 10:03 AM
headshrinker gazza does

as many as he closes
November 4th, 2004 10:04 AM
Gazza >I just happened to think they peaked on their first album
>if u had really only said that i could have understood your point but u did'nt.

I did. Read back to my original post, just before you went off on Zeeta for saying much the same thing as me..

anyway, no ban needed, headshrinker.

This time you werent flaming. I can accept your right to argue your point , even if I disagree with it. After all, the definition of good music is entirely 'subjective' and when you think about it we're merely arguing over whether an album is absolutely fantastic (your view) or merely pretty good (mine). My main bone of contention was merely with the way you CHOSE to express your opinion. If I dont have some guidelines on the way people post, then I run the risk of this board being littered with flaming and spam - as I've seen on other boards. I'd like to think you can appreciate that.

We can agree to disagree on the misical side of this argument in a civil manner, I'm sure.

[Edited by Gazza]
November 4th, 2004 10:18 AM
Zack Where can this great Oasis debate thread be found? Maybe I can throw some petrol on the fire, but I need background.
November 4th, 2004 10:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zack wrote:
Where can this great Oasis debate thread be found? Maybe I can throw some petrol on the fire, but I need background.

well seen!
it was one of the funniest thread ever!
November 4th, 2004 10:23 AM
Gazza In the "idiots at channel 4" thread and then the separate "Gazza" thread.

Waste of time and energy adding to it, to be honest.
November 4th, 2004 10:40 AM
Zack You're right. The thread was good reading because I love the term "fuckwit". Always mean to work it into my everyday speech. My two cents on Oasis are pretty standard: three brilliant years with the two albums and all the singles; (I'm one of few Americans with "Whatever," which was just re-released when I was on holiday in London) and the Knebworth shows, followed by a steady, disappointing decline.

What about Blur for group of the 90s? They did some catchy stuff.
November 4th, 2004 10:48 AM
Madafaka Please, tell me that he isn't comparing the Stones with Oasis...
November 4th, 2004 03:51 PM
Rolling Hansie
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Please, tell me that he isn't comparing the Stones with Oasis...

HA, as if the Stones can be compared with any band LOL
November 4th, 2004 04:04 PM
TomL Right on brother,,,now let's drink some fucking beer....amongst other things.....on with the tour.......