ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: gazza Return to archive
November 4th, 2004 07:13 AM
headshrinker You're not gonna win this argument because i'm soooooo right.

>your post referred to their first two albums. Try reading it again. Its quite easy. Its almost in English, after all.

yeah but zeeta was on about morning glory and i was making the point that they're both amazing albums, and in doing so, sticking up for morning glory. however i don't expect u to understand this as the sentance did have some big words in it.

>I did understand it. What is there to misunderstand about that?

end of argument then

>Maybe you should change it to a song off Oasis' third album, "My Big Mouth".

you don't have to impress me with knowing their 3rd album i still think your're a dickhead. and i probably got it before you.

>Zeeta originally made an innocent remark expressing his own opinion

he said something which represents the publics opinion in that it was overated. so why arn't u having a go at him u twat. its only because you agree with his opinion that you're having a go at me. so you're totally contradicting yourself with the point you made about accepting other peoples musical taste.

>You miss the point again. They summed it up for YOU

and the 30million+ people that bought the 2 albums, not to mention the 2million people that applied for tickets to go to knebworth. if u don't know about their famous knebworth gigs because of your ignorance prblem, they played the biggest shows in brittish history over 2 nights until dickhead williams broke it last year. you must have slept through the 90's

>It doesnt say much for your concept of your 'generation' if "everything" about is summed up for "every kid" by two fucking songs.

you're so thick!! i gave them as examples. what the fuck am i arguing with?!?!?!

>I was an Oasis fan before YOU were. I probably "got it" before YOU did

whos being ignorant now? you don't even know me. how many more times r u gonna contradict yourself before you lose this argument?

>Try basing an argument on facts before shooting your idiotic mouth off and generalising with sheer rubbish.

hahahahaahaahahahaha. i've given you the facts dickhead hahahhahhaahha

>And come back with a valid argument about rock n roll when you've broadened your musical horizons a bit. Silly boy

i know 2 of the bands you like, and you know 2 of the bands i like, (oasis and the stones if you're having your usual trouble following) how do u know i don't like more bands and musical styles than u? oh i forgot, your an ignorant twat
November 4th, 2004 07:58 AM
Zeeta Headshrinker - this is a Stones Board if you beleive Oasis's Cigs and Alc siad more than The Stone's work ever did then you REALLY don't know fuck all, really. I am not going to discuss OASIS on this board - it is merely spamming! The Stones are legends, Oasis are wannabies. If you have a ponchant for 90 "Britpop" then no doubt you loved and still love and hold in such esteem the following bands:

a) Menswear: Where are they now?
b) Lush: Where are they now?
c) Sleeper: Where are they now?
d) Dodgy (most aptly named band ever): Where are they now?
e) Cast: Where are they now?
f) Republica: Where are they now?
g) Shed Seven: Where are they now?
h) Sneaker Pimps: Where are they now?
i) Kula Shaker: Where are they now ?

Oasis were great at the time in the UK and they peaked, no question with the release of their first album. They should have just broke up then. They would have become legends then perhaps (maybe not).
You can't really compare Oasis and the Stones and that is my main point!

November 4th, 2004 08:14 AM
Jumacfly Who's Oasis??
November 4th, 2004 08:27 AM
Gazza Good post, Zeeta. Right on the money.

Headshrinker - I think you're full of shit and more importantly an ignorant, obnoxious little twat with little concept of reason - plus your posts were full of generalisations and innacuracies. You doubtless feel the same about me, so we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that. Fair enough?

That was the main reason why I closed the previous thread because I figured that instead of trying to construct a reasoned argument, you would simply prolong it with a tirade of pointless abuse, flaming and spamming because thats your style. This thread is being closed for the same reason. Open another thread just for the purpose of flaming anyone and you're out of here.

That said, fair play to you for your enthusiasm on a band you obviously think highly of. I just happened to think they peaked on their first album. Its hardly grounds for throwing your toys out of your pram and for having a relapse of your quite apparent Tourette's Syndrome problem.

For the record - Ive bought every Oasis album on the day it was released. Even the recent ones (I had an advance copy of Heathen Chemistry two months BEFORE it hit the shops)so I dont need a pointless oneupmanship-style lecture along the lines of "I got it before you did". It hardly matters. Furthermore, if you look through back issues of a lot of music magazines and newspapers at the time, "Morning glory" wasnt actually lauded as their masterpiece when it came out, even by magazines which had arse-licked them up to that point. Most reviews were pretty lukewarm at best and at the time most fans I knew who had been into them since the start thought it was a decent album, but by comparison not as consistently great as the first one. I still stand by that. I think some of it is brilliant ("Dont look back in anger" is as good a song as theyve ever done) but some it isnt so great and theres a few throwaways (personally I preferred the songs from the "Some might say" CD single, eg "Talk Tonight", "Acquiesce" and er..."Headshrinker").

However, by the time the record came out their appeal had crossed over and they had got so huge in the UK that anything they would have released at that point would have sold in the millions. When it comes to commercial success, timing, hype and marketing mean a hell of a lot. They're not the only artist in the world whose biggest selling album isnt their best work. You wont get too many Springsteen fans who'll say that "Born In The USA" is his best album, similarly you'd be hard pressed to find many Stones fans who think that their best work was "Tattoo You"

Finally, the reason I took issue with you and not Zeeta had nothing to do with me agreeing with him. He made an opinion in a manner which didnt flame others. You made an opinion - which from a point of personal musical taste is your own and which I respect equally - in a way that was simply out of order because it was condescending and abusive. Simple as that.

[Edited by Gazza]