ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off policy regarding posts & people with short fuses. Return to archive
11-05-03 02:38 AM
Kjell Good evning
This is my personal view and written due to upsets about the ad �Nuggets �Stones clones�.
R.O. is the only Rolling Stones message board worthy the name, other �no names� sucks.
I have full respect & admiration for the administration and for all the good work they and other members are doing.
I agree to the policy about no offending post like racist or other, NSC, ads and so on.
BUT:
�Yes above people� that more or less contributes to making this board the best � that we all do � should be allowed to put an ad in now & then like each quarter of a year whatever.
As long as the ad is with respect meaning you don�t flood the place, short, seldom and with some connection to the band The Rolling Stones, former/now members or other persons involved with ...
I strongly believe that such �ads� has more value & interest to members than at least 25% of the post that�s on the board today.
Like � even though I like & support stewed&keeefed efforts to bring attention two the second best sport in the world (after ice hockey) GO ALL BLACKS � it got nothing to do with RS maybe if it was cricket I think Mick used to play that stupid game.
For me personally it�s my second ad, the first one was like half a year ago and was posted after asking and receiving a go go.
Maybe �Nuggets �Stones clones� was on the edge but for me growing up in the sixties I sort of heard it all and saw heaps of bands in those days like, Jimi, Janis, Doors, Led Zep, Canned Heat, J.Winter and all that came to sthlm 66-72 and even Country Joe & the Fish (how about that).
So �Nuggets� are bloody great music if you like early Stones like I do and some of the songs are even f*n better than a lot Stones did then.
Is this a good defense or just a load of crap to sneak in some ads or what??
Long fuses & cheers
Kjell
11-05-03 08:37 AM
Fiji Joe I'm gonna let someone else light this chump up