ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One for Nanky... Return to archive
11-04-03 11:19 AM
Scot Rocks Randy ram has British spooks in a spin

LONDON (AFP) - The strange signal had British intelligence staff baffled. Perhaps a spy was lurking on England's northeast coast or was there something more sinister involved?

Not wishing to take any risks, Britain's top secret GCHQ monitoring base carried out an investigation.

"Exhaustive tests were launched, revealing the answer -- a horny ram" having fun with a radio mast, Government Communications Headquarters said in the latest edition of its in-house newspaper.

"In between servicing some local ewes, it was partial to rubbing its horns against the aerial masts," it said.

The strange signal was regularly picked up by a mast in a field in Scarborough, a popular tourist spot on England's northeast coast.

Spooks said they were baffled by the fact the signal was heard only during day time and by aerials in the area.

"It was part of the ritual that the ram went through after it had made a conquest," a GCHQ spokesman was quoted as saying in Tuesday's edition of The Times.

"I believe the ram was notching up a mark on the pylon, so to speak."

GCHQ, based in western England and employing 4,500 people, monitors communications -- animal sounds being the exception -- from around the world for the government and other intelligence services.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/031104/323/ecz2f.html

Mark
11-04-03 11:32 AM
glencar Is that part of that Echelon thingie?
11-04-03 11:37 AM
Scot Rocks I think Eche***, better not say it or else i will be watched lol, is based in Yorkshire, where there is a massive listening station, which look like big golf balls, However i think they are dotted around the uk as well, as there is a big golf ballesque thing near St. Andrews as well.

Mark
11-04-03 11:42 AM
glencar LOL I too was worried about typing that myself.
11-04-03 12:24 PM
nankerphelge Thanks Mark!

Apparently that is standard Ram protocol:

1) hump a ewe;
2) rub against a tower!

I will be installing a tower in my room later this evening!

Build it and they will come...so to speak
11-04-03 12:26 PM
glencar Ewe!