ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hello, hooray! Return to archive
11-02-03 08:37 AM
New Barbarian Please let me allow to introduce myself (I bet someone else has used that phrase before). Anyway I'm a reletively young Stones fan from Finland and have found this board some time ago and I found it so funny that I decided to make my minimal contribution to it. Anyways on with the show... maybe you'll hear from me later if I got something slighly relevant to say...
11-02-03 08:55 AM
J.J.Flash Hello Barbarian. Welcome aboard!
Finland, right? There are a lot of great Stones fans. Are Mika Hakkinen or Kimi Raikkonen Stones fans? Could you tell me bro?

You better watch out! When you are not expecting, the access to this place will be like an addiction.

Cheers!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
11-02-03 09:00 AM
nankerphelge Yeah - our crazy ass bastard buddy marko is from Finland too!

Welcome
11-02-03 09:13 AM
J.J.Flash Weww Nanky, I thought our Marko were German...
11-02-03 09:17 AM
nankerphelge Nope -- Finish right from the start!
11-02-03 09:19 AM
J.J.Flash It's good talking to you Nanker Phelge! How are you at DC?
11-02-03 10:20 AM
New Barbarian I don't know about the Stones but speaking of good music I remember reading in an old interview that H�kkinen liked Pink Floyd. On the bright side, there could be some worse addictions than this...

(Gotta make some real signature)
11-02-03 10:25 AM
LadyJane Welcome New Barbarian!!

JJF is correct....this Board has a way of TAKING OVER YOUR LIFE!!!!

LMAO

We have sooo much fun. Enjoy!!!

LadyJ.
11-02-03 12:36 PM
nankerphelge JJF it is warm and sunny and beautiful here in DC -- very unusual for this time of year! All the leaves on the trees are bright yellow and red and orange against a perfectly blue sky. It smells like fall!

I am trying to get the house ready for a party tonight - and I am still recovering from yesterday's festivities!

11-02-03 01:48 PM
J.J.Flash Party Hummmmmm CHIBA CHIBA!
11-02-03 03:11 PM
marko Nope -- Finish right from the start!

Damn right u bastard!New Barbarian..........Where u live,
Helsinki area?Me way up north from there,150kilometers.
11-02-03 04:32 PM
Child of the Moon I'm just pleased you picked such an awesome handle for the site. The New Barbarians, man... what a kick-ass group. Boozy, to be sure, but kick-ass. It's the home of my favorite Keith "look." Welcome to the breakfast show!
11-02-03 10:02 PM
SHINE A LIGHT hello, new barbarian...i love your name! the last time i saw the new barbarians was at keith's cnib concert in oshawa, canada. then, the stones came on.

what made you choose the name?? i'm interested, it's unique!! so is the band of the same name.....
11-03-03 10:27 AM
New Barbarian Hello and thanks for a warm welcome. Marko, the weird thing is the I seem to live in the same town as you, I noticed that on other thread, I live in the big city of Valkeakoski too. Crazy but true..

About the name, I was amazed that no-one had that already. It was too good to be left unused, lol. I like the band New Barbarians very much too. They were ragged as hell but in a good way and Keith and Ronnie never looked cooler imho and add Ian Mac, Bobby Keys and the others to that and there's (maybe) world's second best rock 'n roll band! That makes me wonder how many their recordings or videos are circulating? I got just that cnib double bill with the Stones (listen Starfucker from there!) and a soundboard from Largo, Maryland on cd & vid and one audience shot video from Knebworth and somewhere else, which is maybe even more ragged than the cnib gig. Can't get enough of that hot stuff!
11-03-03 11:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
JJF is correct....this Board has a way of TAKING OVER YOUR LIFE!!!! :
LadyJ.

Oh cmon. Oh well we all have our weaknesses I suppose. If one has to have a weakness it might as well be the Rolling Stones.

11-03-03 11:52 AM
LadyJane I didn't say there was anything wrong with an RO addiction. Just warning the newbie of the temptation!

LadyJ.
11-03-03 01:02 PM
gypsy I can think of worse addictions.

www.HoweMilitary.com
11-03-03 01:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I didn't say there was anything wrong with an RO addiction. Just warning the newbie of the temptation!

LadyJ.

I think it was St. Augustine who said that only way to deal with temptation is to submit to it. It seems to be working. Of course I haven't gotten the final bill yet. But I'm sure I will.
11-03-03 02:15 PM
Prodigal Son Oh, okay welcome. With the thread title I thought it was going to be a post about Alice Cooper.
11-03-03 03:37 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hey, man, welcome! This is the rowdiest damn place on the net, and buried in between various off-topic shuffles you'll find the most insightful and loudmouthed Stones posters the internet has to offer.

I had the honor of being the youngest kid here when I joined up at 16... now I'm almost 17 and yes, I admit, this board consumes more of my time than it should... but who says its a bad thing?

Hear any good new bands lately? I've been looking to expand and this place's always been a great help.

-tSYX --- Arrrrmenia, city in the sky...
11-03-03 03:38 PM
New Barbarian
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Oh, okay welcome. With the thread title I thought it was going to be a post about Alice Cooper.

Thanks, gotta admit that Alice Cooper reference was maybe not the best way to start posting to a Stones group...
11-03-03 03:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
With the thread title I thought it was going to be a post about Alice Cooper.?????????

Sorry. Alice Cooper is one of those forgetabble types who becomes quite meaningless for future music historians. At least Macca has a footnote or two.
11-03-03 03:50 PM
jb Welcome aboard ...did you know TSXY adores the Beatles?
11-03-03 04:25 PM
New Barbarian
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Hey, man, welcome! This is the rowdiest damn place on the net, and buried in between various off-topic shuffles you'll find the most insightful and loudmouthed Stones posters the internet has to offer.

I had the honor of being the youngest kid here when I joined up at 16... now I'm almost 17 and yes, I admit, this board consumes more of my time than it should... but who says its a bad thing?

Hear any good new bands lately? I've been looking to expand and this place's always been a great help.

-tSYX --- Arrrrmenia, city in the sky...

You are still younger than me, I've reached a grand old age of 24... I don't know that many good new bands, these Strokes, Kings of Leon, Libertines etc. are listenable music (especially compared to what radio and MTV mostly play here) but they lack something, dunno they're just no great shakes to me. So I have lately bought more old music like Stones remasters, The Who, The Kinks, Neil Young (everybody must have On the Beach) and stuff.

There are some quite good bands in Scandinavia. You could like swedish band Hellacopters, their song "Devil Stole the Beat From the Lord" is great JJF rip-off. And their album "High Visibility" is one of the best r'n'r albums of the 2000's. One of the few good bands in Finland at the moment is Flaming Sideburns who play that Stones/Stooges/MC5 -thing, which is popular here. Their song "Street Survivor" was in some car ad in the States some time ago, but other than I think that few have heard anything of them there. And I have to mention Turbonegro too...

"You can't always get what you want,
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You'll get what you need"
11-03-03 04:28 PM
Some Guy I'm telling y'all, check out Elbow. Some damn good music, they have 2 albums out
11-03-03 04:36 PM
New Barbarian
quote:
jb wrote:
Welcome aboard ...did you know TSXY adores the Beatles?

The Beatles... I've heard them in some of those 60's collection where there's some real good bands like Herman's Hermits, Gerry and the Pacemakers and other greats. Sounded like promising young lads but something didn't work out and they totally disappeared. Or was it some other band?

Seriously I have to confess that Beatles did some good music, '66-'70 in particular. But they just can't compare to the Stones...
11-03-03 06:45 PM
SHINE A LIGHT hey, new barbarian....yes it's odd that name had not been taken....by me!!!!!!

did you say you have a copy of the cnib 2 shows??? if yes, please PM me and perhaps we can find a way to get a copy to me.

i have still photos from that gig, shot from above and beside the bands ....stones and barbarians.